I am one of those that loves his S1 and haven't had hardware issues requireing a replacement. Been wanting to hold off on the upgrade awaiting the S3; however, the entrails of an owl seem to indicate that there will not be one marketed until next year.

Therefore I will cut my losses and upgrade in a few weeks as $ permits. The way I figure it, the quicker I get one the quicker the 1 year clock resets so I can be qualified for the S3 upgrade when it finally does come out.

be glad to leave the old forum behind. The kindergarteners are too noisy down there talking about their Voids and Itoys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:49 AM
    mine gets here today or tomorrow (depends on when the IS knuckleheads got the order out)...can't wait. (Coming from a 8310)
    04-28-10 10:55 AM
    I got a refurb a few weeks ago and love it. no issues at all. I can honestly say i am actually satisfied with my S2. (knock on wood)
    04-28-10 11:01 AM
    I am one of those that loves his S1 and haven't had hardware issues requireing a replacement. Been wanting to hold off on the upgrade awaiting the S3; however, the entrails of an owl seem to indicate that there will not be one marketed until next year.

Therefore I will cut my losses and upgrade in a few weeks as $ permits. The way I figure it, the quicker I get one the quicker the 1 year clock resets so I can be qualified for the S3 upgrade when it finally does come out.

be glad to leave the old forum behind. The kindergarteners are too noisy down there talking about their Voids and Itoys.

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I'm holding out hopefully. They still may have one for release in November.

But if you're happy with the S1, as I am, I'd say hang on to it till something new comes along. Unless you'll really benefit from the wifi or the extra memory, it's not worth resetting the NE2 clock.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    04-28-10 11:08 AM
    no issues at all. I can honestly say i am actually satisfied with my S2. (knock on wood)
    Same here. One would think reading through this forum that everyone has gone through 5 replacements... In reality think there are more of us who haven't had any issues and just aren't as vocal
    04-28-10 01:53 PM
    mine gets here today or tomorrow (depends on when the IS knuckleheads got the order out)...can't wait. (Coming from a 8310)
    You'll find it's lightening fast in comparison. I just charged up and played around setting up my old 8310 to give to my brother. Man is that thing slow compared to the s2. You're going to love the new screen in comparison.
    04-28-10 02:08 PM
    Same here. One would think reading through this forum that everyone has gone through 5 replacements... In reality think there are more of us who haven't had any issues and just aren't as vocal
    I take those complaint posts with a grain of salt. Half are trolls just making it up anyway.

It is human nature to be more vocal about disappointments as opposed to satisfaction. I net for every 1 complainer there is over 100 satisfied storm owners.

04-28-10 10:45 PM
    Ain't that the truth!
    04-28-10 11:07 PM
    I take those complaint posts with a grain of salt. Half are trolls just making it up anyway....
    Yeah, it's interesting to see how many posters with negative comments about the S2 don't even own one.
    04-28-10 11:09 PM
    It's here now It's quite heavy...feels solid.
    04-29-10 02:33 PM
    booting...

and booting...
    04-29-10 02:37 PM
    I got one and had an issue and got it replaced and no issues at all had it since december and no issues love this phone

04-29-10 03:22 PM
    Just upgraded from s1 to s2 on Monday. My only gripe is that I didn't do it sooner! You're gonna love it!

04-29-10 04:45 PM
    I just got my Storm2 this morning off a gentleman from Craigslist. I've been waiting ever since Sal released his videos of the pre-released Storm2 in around August.

04-30-10 11:32 PM
    I just got my Storm2 this morning off a gentleman from Craigslist. I've been waiting ever since Sal released his videos of the pre-released Storm2 in around August.

I have been thinking of buying an S2 from one of the tweeners getting the new flashes in the the pan...I'm sure some of their dissatisfaction can benefit those with patience
    Last edited by gjbsource; 04-30-10 at 11:46 PM.
    04-30-10 11:41 PM
    I have been thinking of buying an S2 from one of the tweeners getting the new flashes in the the pan...I'm sure some of their dissatisfaction can benefit those with patience
    I think it's a great time to get a smokin' deal on the Storm2. There are a lot of sheeple jumpin' on the Droid bandwagon right now, so Storm2 can be had cheap. This may not be the case when OS6 is available for download and the fickle masses start scrambling back.
    04-30-10 11:52 PM
    Enjoy. I've been using it since December and think it's a great device.

04-30-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD