@garment69 - Thank you, so wouldnt there be a loop hole that after the 30 days of buying the storm2s, I could let the initial 30 day pass on the account, then have that 30 day window of "opt-out" and be able to cancel both new accounts without paying ETF of $175 or $350.
    11-04-09 03:00 PM
    @garment69 - Thank you, so wouldnt there be a loop hole that after the 30 days of buying the storm2s, I could let the initial 30 day pass on the account, then have that 30 day window of "opt-out" and be able to cancel both new accounts without paying ETF of $175 or $350.
    The way you are describing sounds like you are looking at two 30 day windows?? The 30 day opt out starts the day you buy your device and sign the contract. So the storm was released on October 28th. You can opt out any time up to or before Nov 28th. After that you would be subject to an ETF of 175 per line.
    11-04-09 03:04 PM
    right, the nov28th would be the end of the 30day try before you buy, but in between they introduced the nov15th ETF adjustment, and you have 30 days on that before accepting, since by the 28th being 13 days wouldnt you be able to opt-out completely and cancel the line without paying ETF?
    11-04-09 03:06 PM
    right, the nov28th would be the end of the 30day try before you buy, but in between they introduced the nov15th ETF adjustment, and you have 30 days on that before accepting, since by the 28th being 13 days wouldnt you be able to opt-out completely and cancel the line without paying ETF?
    I do not believe the new policy will allow you additional time on your 30 days. I could be wrong though, so you might want to check with VZW.
    11-04-09 03:08 PM
    I dont care about it if you are trying to steal sh!t from them than you are mad but if you are a legit customer who pays his bill wtf is the problem?
    11-04-09 03:11 PM
    thanks garment69.
    11-04-09 03:16 PM
    I dont care about it if you are trying to steal sh!t from them than you are mad but if you are a legit customer who pays his bill wtf is the problem?
    Yeah.... real customers will probably never even see this charge. The only people who really will see this are those that are trying to scam Verizon out of free phones.
    11-04-09 03:20 PM
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    OK GOD
    Be careful or I'll smite you
    11-04-09 04:04 PM
    No its ridiculous because its ridiculous. What if I decide to move? The place i move to has no Verizon coverage... BOOM 350 thanks and come again.

Its ridiculous, case closed.
    You're stupid.

EVERY ETF agreement lets you out of it if you move somewhere that the provider doesn't have coverage. Of course with VZW that's just about no where, but my point stands.
    11-04-09 04:17 PM
    I think they would be better served by making the customer return the phone than increasing ETF. 30 days obviously doesn't cut it. Make the customer return the phone for up to 6 months or something. Works better for both that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:27 PM
    I don't see nothing wrong with it. They're strengthening their return of investment. Good move to stop all the scammers, too.
    Besides, like someone else posted, just buy b4 the new rule takes effect. Easy.
    11-04-09 05:14 PM
    this is a smart move by VZW.

They only people pissed are the ones that would add lines to buy new phones and then just cancel the new line 30 days later.

I don't ever plan on leaving VZW, so this new ETF doesnt matter to me at all.
    11-04-09 05:20 PM
    As a former VZW Manager, I believe this is a good decision on their part. People are working the system on all carriers whether it be buying phones and canceling the service to make a profit, false insurance claims, just want to try a phone they don't plan on keeping because they can't afford the bill each month (trust me it happens, we used to call them carrier jumpers). Whatever the reasons are the bottom line is a contract is a contract and all the terms and conditions that go along with it are to protect the company. I also used to work for the an Independent dealer and they have their own ETF agreement. So imagine you purchased a device, you would sign an agreement with VZW for the $175.00 ETF and with the Independent company for $300.00. So if you canceled a device within 30 days and didn't return it like you should if you didn't plan on using it you would be charged a total of $475.00. Now with VZW increasing their ETF's I feel that this will possibly lower costs on new line and upgrades as customers would be less likely to terminate the smartphone from their account. And I remember someone stating something along the lines of "That's what ETF's are for" Yes these are in place for dissatisfied customers, customers whom just want to switch to another company for whatever reason (most likely because of a specific device), customers whom don't pay their bill and are disconnected... whatever the reason, it's not to sign a "contract" to cancel it. That's what prepaid is for! Some people might take offense to this, but remember that every time you purchase something from a VZW store that associate makes commission, when you cancel a new/upgrade to try to make a buck for yourself you in-turn are taking money out of the sales associates pocket. Put yourself in their shoes and realize what impact you are having on others well-being. Some out there don't care, but I do. I have been working in wireless for 15 years and my current position is a Brand Advocate for the product we all know and love so it irritates me when people get upset about something that if they were doing the right thing from the beginning this wouldn't even be a concern.

If your address resides out of VZWs home network or you can prove that the service does not work for you from your house you will not be charged an ETF.

If you move to an area where VZW does not provide service, you can cancel with no ETF.

There are other stipulations which are included in the terms and conditions.

Bottom line: If you choose to, as this is your decision at the time of purchase with VZW but when you sign a contract you are agreeing to VZW terms and conditions as well as the termination fee and monthly dues. This is what you are agreeing to, not to buy a phone to cancel service, to make a buck!
    11-04-09 06:05 PM
    I think they would be better served by making the customer return the phone than increasing ETF. 30 days obviously doesn't cut it. Make the customer return the phone for up to 6 months or something. Works better for both that way.

I agree with this with any subsidized phone for the entire 2 years! You get a subsidized phone, Verizon maintains a lean on it till the 2 years are up! Simple concept. Works for cable... we all return our equipment if we cancel!

Why the ropes and pullies???
    11-04-09 06:53 PM
    I agree with this with any subsidized phone for the entire 2 years! You get a subsidized phone, Verizon maintains a lean on it till the 2 years are up! Simple concept. Works for cable... we all return our equipment if we cancel!

Why the ropes and pullies???
    Cable modems are nowhere near advanced devices. What can vzw do with a one year old broken PDA?

Why are so many people upset about this? Like a good amount of people keep telling you. If you are a legit customer, then have no worries!
    11-04-09 07:12 PM
    Whether you agree or disagree with Verizons policy, is this really the role of Govt?

Post Tech - Update: Lawmaker to introduce bill on cancellation fees after Verizon's increase
    11-10-09 01:35 PM
    Totally logical move by Verizon. The other carriers will soon follow IMO.

Doesnt mean I like it.
    Agreed. I hear too many people were scamming the system by getting discounted devices, cancelling the service and reselling the phones for a net profit. Since I've been with Verizon since Jesus was a boy and don't intend on leaving any time soon, it keeps my future costs down if Verizon can stop losing money on the scammed accounts.

BTW, garment69: I really dislike that Avatar. It's pretty offensive to a lot of people who respect the man and the office. Just my opinion, and I understand you're entitled to yours.
    11-10-09 02:05 PM
    Whether you agree or disagree with Verizons policy, is this really the role of Govt?

Post Tech - Update: Lawmaker to introduce bill on cancellation fees after Verizon's increase
    It appears to be one lawmaker.
    And Amy is obviously an *****(1diot). But I digress.
    11-10-09 02:11 PM
    Agreed. I hear too many people were scamming the system by getting discounted devices, cancelling the service and reselling the phones for a net profit. Since I've been with Verizon since Jesus was a boy and don't intend on leaving any time soon, it keeps my future costs down if Verizon can stop losing money on the scammed accounts.

BTW, garment69: I really dislike that Avatar. It's pretty offensive to a lot of people who respect the man and the office. Just my opinion, and I understand you're entitled to yours.
    Rich, why would you find that offensive?
    11-10-09 02:44 PM

I think that the government should stay out of it. You have a second choice here. Pay full price for the phone and pay for your plan month by month.
    11-10-09 03:15 PM
    They did this because of the people taking advantage and making a profit off of Ebay.
    11-10-09 03:18 PM
    If this should pass it will mean only one thing, we all pay more for our phones.

11-10-09 03:31 PM
    No its ridiculous because its ridiculous. What if I decide to move? The place i move to has no Verizon coverage... BOOM 350 thanks and come again.

Its ridiculous, case closed.
    Not if you read the contract. If there's no coverage in the area, they waive the etf. It's not that ridiculous that they raised the etf. People shouldn't sign a contract if they can't fulfill it. If you want to cancel early then that's your perrogative and you get to pay to do it. Bottom line- don't sign a contract if you don't want to be locked into one. Pay full price for your phone and go month to month.
    11-10-09 03:48 PM
    It kills me when people say, "well if people weren't trying to take advantage of Verizon, then we wouldn't have this problem." Hey, it's not our fault Verizon left a loop hole that people were able to take advantage of. Therefore, no one was ripping them off at all.
    These are the kind of views that essentially say, as you were walking by my house and noticed my window was open, it is my fault that you decided to steal my TV.
    11-10-09 04:09 PM
    These are the kind of views that essentially say, as you were walking by my house and noticed my window was open, it is my fault that you decided to steal my TV.
    Well you would probably blame yourself for having your TV stolen right? so I would imagine you would close your window, and probably lock it for good measure. HELLO 350 ETF.
    11-10-09 04:22 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD