Hello all! First post, but I want to say I've been lurking for a bit and you're all so informative and have really helped with me learn a lot about blackberries, so thanks!

Well, my enV (the original!) has finally reached it's end, and it's time for a new phone, and I wanted something really new, something that I could learn about (lol how lame am I!). A close friend to mine has the Storm and loves it, and as far as I know, hasn't had any problems.
    I've seen a lot of simple things people are gripping about, such as turning on silent and people putting stuff by a battery to make it click? Battery life sucks? I text and make calls a lot, and would perfer not to have to charge my phone 24/7. Is this a stable phone? I am in no-means tech friendly (it took me a good 3 weeks to figure out how to change the homepage on my Mac...no, I'm not joking), but that's a big reason I wanted a blackberry: to learn a whole new system!

Just, please, give me your verdict on the Storm. Love it? Hate it? I definitely don't have money to just toss around, and $150 is a huge deal to a jobless, 18 credit hour college student such as myself
    Last edited by fashion_monica; 02-22-09 at 10:06 PM.
    02-22-09 10:02 PM
    There are problems with anything you buy. So all the things complained about are simple, but can be a pain in the *** at some point. Like when I almost missed a call the other day for an interview.

It's a good phone, but needs some work, and it's all being worked on now.
    02-22-09 10:13 PM
    Works great for me, go in knowing that if your an early adopter of new tech your a guinea pig essentially. I'm not sure you can be technologically incompetent with this phone in this stage...but with that being said I went to the verizon store and there were 6 storms there, its a certified hit by most people.

Just so you know I send/recieve about 200 texts a day and surf the net and minimal calls with some music, phone is practically dead in 10 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:41 PM
    Get a car charger, yes. Sadly, it's micro usb, so other usb chargers won't work. That kinda pisses me off.

Change the background to a 50kb pic. Remove Vzw Nav and Voice Dial and anything else you want.

Close all apps with the menu while in the app and pull the battery once a day, and you should be set.

And get lucky. That's never a bad thing.
    02-22-09 10:51 PM
    Hello all! First post, but I want to say I've been lurking for a bit and you're all so informative and have really helped with me learn a lot about blackberries, so thanks!

Well, my enV (the original!) has finally reached it's end, and it's time for a new phone, and I wanted something really new, something that I could learn about (lol how lame am I!). A close friend to mine has the Storm and loves it, and as far as I know, hasn't had any problems.
    I've seen a lot of simple things people are gripping about, such as turning on silent and people putting stuff by a battery to make it click? Battery life sucks? I text and make calls a lot, and would perfer not to have to charge my phone 24/7. Is this a stable phone? I am in no-means tech friendly (it took me a good 3 weeks to figure out how to change the homepage on my Mac...no, I'm not joking), but that's a big reason I wanted a blackberry: to learn a whole new system!

Just, please, give me your verdict on the Storm. Love it? Hate it? I definitely don't have money to just toss around, and $150 is a huge deal to a jobless, 18 credit hour college student such as myself
    I was just like you before I upgraded, and trust me I am so glad I made the change now the phone rocks I make phone calls and texts a lot and the battery life gets better every Beta OS Release.

So I mean itís really up to you plus you have the 30 days to find out if you like if you donít like it return before the 30 days are up
    02-23-09 02:25 AM
    I do not have any issues with the battery on mine.
    I can go 2 days easy with out a charge.
    I normally put mine on the charger at night when I go to bed but only because it is there. I always have 3/4 of my battery left at night before I plug it in.

The phone it stable. There are a lot of 3rd party apps out there right now that are not that stable so if you have problems make sure before you decide the phone is at fault that you test it with out the 3rd party apps installed.
    02-23-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD