Thank God I didn't get rid of my curve and my contract is still in place at sprint. First of all before I get flamed I like the storm. No complaints and I love the screen but I cannot get used to the keyboard. I'm so frustrated trying to type. I can fly with my curve. I have tried all settings and I can't get it right. I'm a nurse and I don't have time to type slow. One more thing my sprint contract is sweet. Verizon may have slightly better service but there plans can't compare to sprint. I'm waiting for the palm pre so I can have my cake and eat it to with touch and a keyboard. Ill miss BB but Palm does have more APS for nurses. I have til June 3rd to give back phone n get my money back.

Carlissa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:26 AM
    I am still getting used to the typing, but my curve is still way faster. I think I may do the same thing as you and switch back.

05-15-09 08:22 AM
    For the most part, a physical keyboard will always be better then a virtual keyboard.
    05-15-09 08:29 AM
    I also agree on liking a physical keyboard over the touchscreen.
    However, I'll wait for the Tour, although I haven't used sprint in 5 years..... That pre is looking nice

05-15-09 08:31 AM
    I type no faster on a curve than a storm... What's so hard about it?

05-15-09 09:32 AM
    Good luck in what you do.
    05-15-09 09:33 AM
    I hope the pre works for you; it is shaping up to be very interisting device. I would have given it serious consideration except it is a slider.
    05-15-09 11:13 AM
    The Pre is going to be a pain in the ***. Its supposed to be like a MAC instead of windows based. I hate MACs. Plus Advanced Tech support is going to have a training class on it because its that big of a pain. There is never a training class on other phones... Good luck.
    05-15-09 05:06 PM
    Enjoy your curve!
    05-15-09 06:00 PM
    Lost my storm...long story! No insurance so I called and begged VZW to give me the $99 price on a curve. They obliged and it's on the way! These posts are making me happy about that!
    05-15-09 11:01 PM
    Hmmm so you're thinking of getting the pre too. I would love to get my hands on one also.

05-15-09 11:06 PM
    This is a test of the emergency posting system, this is ONLY a test. If this had been an actual post I would have had something useful (or at least clever) to say. This is ONLY a test!
    05-18-09 01:53 PM
    For the most part, a physical keyboard will always be better then a virtual keyboard.
    +1

I still have my Curve and i can still type pretty quick on it. I think the biggest difference is the SurePress screen...although i can type with ease on it.

I can fly bout as fast in landscape as the Curve but not as fast on the portrait QWERTY due to button-size difference. Plus the Curve is slightly wider and easier...for me...to hold and type one-handed.

05-18-09 02:05 PM
    Call me crazy, but I prefer typing on my Storm. I have pretty big hands and the buttons on the Curve either feel too small, or too close together, or both.
    05-18-09 02:09 PM
    The Pre is going to be a pain in the ***. Its supposed to be like a MAC instead of windows based. I hate MACs. Plus Advanced Tech support is going to have a training class on it because its that big of a pain. There is never a training class on other phones... Good luck.
    This makes no sense. I rather buy a phone from a company that trains it's employees on the UI than just throwing the phone out there and hoping for the best. Have you ever talked to customer service about any kind of smartphone interface? Most know nothing other than the questions of "Have you pulled the battery?" or "Did you close all you apps?" anything past that they get more confused than you do on the situation. Oh it Mac not MAC it's not an acronym.
    05-18-09 06:13 PM
    i have a super cool app that lets me talk to my storm and it types what i say...its called...MY IMAGINATION lol..but in all seriousness...im so used to the storm now typing on a physical keypad kind of sucks, its all buttony and stuff...is that a word...patches? confirm?
    05-18-09 06:22 PM
    ... Oh it Mac not MAC it's not an acronym.
    For a moment I had to stop and remember that I'm at CrackBerry.com and not one of my medical transcription sites LOL.
    05-18-09 06:44 PM
    I type no faster on a curve than a storm... What's so hard about it?

practice! hahahah it steers most people away

the only real advantage a physical keyboard has IMO is one handed typing abilities
    05-19-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD