Big coin doesn't know how to use his storm. and he doesn't want to take advice. everyone just tell him to go buy an iphone.
    Why dont you come inspect my stool, You may find an I-Phone in there you can hit all your boyfriends up with.
    10-30-09 08:30 AM
    How come no one is jumping on Civic when she states this is the worst OS released from RIM and that Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for approving it???
    10-30-09 09:02 AM
    How come no one is jumping on Civic when she states this is the worst OS released from RIM and that Verizon should be ashamed of themselves for approving it???
    because civic can back it up, lol!
    10-30-09 05:04 PM
    How is it a downgrade? I upgraded from .167 and I think it runs much better. The only thing I don't like is that the pictures look grainy on the phone sometimes. But as long as they show up alright when I print them or upload them to Facebook or my computer I don't care. So far I'm really enjoying this one.
    i was having that same problem, you gotta delete the thumbnail files in the device memory/media card. click on that "files" application in the applications folder, and push the bb key and select show hidden. look for certain files with the word thumb in it and delete them. once i deleted them and went through my pictures again new thumbnails were created that are no longer grainy
    10-30-09 08:29 PM
    I'll be downgrading soon. This 5.0 still has too many glitches. Vz should be ashamed to release more blackberry faulty software. And to think they were calling this the cureall for our problems. What a pos. If the os actually worked as intended it would be great. But still freezing, glitches, and slows web loads.
    10-30-09 08:58 PM
    Well I just have to throw my two cents in here. I know that there are storms that have issues with the new OS because not all storms are the same. But I love .323. I have
    it on both of the storms me and my wife own and not had any major problems. I think vzw and rim could have done a better job but seriously I don't think it is as bad as a lot of ppl on here are making it out to be.
    10-30-09 09:18 PM
    Well I just have to throw my two cents in here. I know that there are storms that have issues with the new OS because not all storms are the same. But I love .323. I have
    it on both of the storms me and my wife own and not had any major problems. I think vzw and rim could have done a better job but seriously I don't think it is as bad as a lot of ppl on here are making it out to be.

oh, well if you say it's alright, then everything is fine

just like those "buzzed driving IS drunk driving" commercials

10-30-09 09:28 PM
    The only thing I don't like is that the screen lock doesn't unlock after removal from my BB holster. That "broke" in the first 5.0 release (.230?). Otherwise, it's faster, smoother... no issues.
    10-30-09 10:12 PM
    Works flawlessly for me..
    10-30-09 11:26 PM
    I'm not happy with this flippin .328 business, I'm going back to .230. At least I can teather on 230.
    Waiting for my storm to boot as we speak, I'm also typing this response from a MotoA855 (Droid) which could very well be my next device I'm really diggin' it. I'm just not wow'ed over storm2. Oh well. Bit off topic but hey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 11:38 PM
    I am happy with everything on the new os except for the call quality via bluetooth its all distorted I tried a couple headsets so i know its not that.
    not sure what to do next i don't want to downgrade but would be nice to understand someone on the phone.
    10-31-09 07:20 AM
    I am happy with everything on the new os except for the call quality via bluetooth its all distorted I tried a couple headsets so i know its not that.
    not sure what to do next i don't want to downgrade but would be nice to understand someone on the phone.
    Wow, I just don't have these issues. Used my bluetooth (Jawbone 2) the other day and it worked fine. I don't get it.
    10-31-09 08:14 AM
    People who say Epic Fail, are an Epic Fail

10-31-09 12:40 PM
    People who say Epic Fail, are an Epic Fail

You should have been swallowed.
    10-31-09 08:22 PM
    I'm not happy with this flippin .328 business, I'm going back to .230. At least I can teather on 230.
    Waiting for my storm to boot as we speak, I'm also typing this response from a MotoA855 (Droid) which could very well be my next device I'm really diggin' it. I'm just not wow'ed over storm2. Oh well. Bit off topic but hey.

The moto Droid OS looks horrible. I would wait for the HTC Droid (I forget the exact name). Based on the hero OS with Droid capabilities. Look it up on boy genius report. HTC puts out the most awsome os's. But blackberry surpasses everyone in functionality.

Last edited by x1208x; 10-31-09 at 08:34 PM.
    10-31-09 08:28 PM
    You should have been swallowed.
    Atleast we know big coin swallows. Good sign for glory holes around the world! Watch out now! Big coin is coming! I hope all the truckers aren't late now due to bog coin swallowin up all of them. he's gonna be the biggest hit since the iPhone.

10-31-09 08:30 PM
    Atleast we know big coin swallows. Good sign for glory holes around the world! Watch out now! Big coin is coming! I hope all the truckers aren't late now due to bog coin swallowin up all of them. he's gonna be the biggest hit since the iPhone.

Ahh, nice of you to stand up for your man like that. Too bad your comeback is weak like the limp wristed gene pool you hail from.
    Last edited by BigCoin; 10-31-09 at 09:04 PM.
    10-31-09 08:44 PM
    hmmmm... I know the phone is SUPPOSED to be for VZW, but I have to say that this OS sucks for TMO or AT&T
    10-31-09 08:50 PM
    Umm were talking about an OS right???

Back on Topic!
    10-31-09 10:25 PM
    Back to .167 and Thank God ..... So many bugs with .328 .... shame on BB and Verizon for this crappy release. I had to do so many Batt pulls I broke my silicon case.
    10-31-09 11:17 PM
    i love .328 minus the threaded text...i seriously hate it! lol the phone itself functions WAY better! i have no memory loss at all!
    10-31-09 11:33 PM
    The moto Droid OS looks horrible. I would wait for the HTC Droid (I forget the exact name). Based on the hero OS with Droid capabilities. Look it up on boy genius report. HTC puts out the most awsome os's. But blackberry surpasses everyone in functionality.

So two phones with the same OS, but you say the droids os looks ugly. what makes you think the HTC OS will be better when they are the same?

10-31-09 11:45 PM
    Umm were talking about an OS right???

Back on Topic!
    Back on topic.

For those that care, I wiped my phone and r-installed .328 yesterday. I still have functionality issues with email links. For some reason a battery pull fixes it for an undetermined amount of time until it stops working again.

I noticed that the dimming backlight in landscape mode is more or less intermittent now and not constant like it was.

Memory is still hovering in the hi 20's- low 30's.

I did find a way to get quickpull to work properly.

I havent gotten a chance to mess with media player yet.

Everything else seems to be ok for now.
    10-31-09 11:51 PM
    I'm with the minority here. .328 is just way too buggy. For has much as 5.0 has improved the general performance of the phone I'm not impressed at all. .167 was by far the best OS I've had on this phone. 328 is just crap. Its
    A. Caused me to have random reboots for the first time ever- unacceptable?
    B. Has a less accurate keyboard-all 5.0 versions I've tried can't live up to .167
    C. Memory leaks cause the need for a daily battery pull
    D. Causes the keyboard to freak out when switching from portrait to landscape in the middle of a sentence. When I need to a enter a word that suretype will not acknowledge.
    E. Has a far inferior battery life. I can't go a day on 2G without plugging it in. I'm not even a heavy user.
    F. Radio code is worse. Forget edge, I'm usually on GPRS where EDGE was previously strong.
    G. Threaded SMS is still bad. Now it starts in the last message in a thread, but in the middle of the list.
    H. Causes major lag in the phone randomly, with over 20 megs of memory.
    I. Makes correcting a previous error impossible when trying to position the cursor.
    J. BBM5 randomly deletes all my contacts now.

I've had this phone for a few months now and 5.0 is the first time I've ever hated this phone. I wasn't around for the early days of horrible OS's. I know I'm in the minority here, but this OS is garbage. The few small perks just don't justify all the bugs in their poor software design. I seriously hope they come up with something soon or my Bold will be back full time. When I think of 5.0 I think of two words...nice try.

Flame on.

11-01-09 04:21 AM
    I had a bad mem leak also but set BBM "show recent updates" to None and upgraded App World to .23 and it is gone. Also voice dialing works fine.

11-01-09 05:07 AM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD