I have given .328 a fair try but the issues I am having now are not worth keeping this os on my Storm. I had zero issues with .167 and expected .328 to be an upgrade but in reality turned out to be a downgrade. So off to wiping my phone and re-installing .167 and enjoying my phone again. Verizon should be ashamed for releasing this os. Flame Suit On.
    10-29-09 12:54 PM
    How is it a downgrade? I upgraded from .167 and I think it runs much better. The only thing I don't like is that the pictures look grainy on the phone sometimes. But as long as they show up alright when I print them or upload them to Facebook or my computer I don't care. So far I'm really enjoying this one.
    10-29-09 12:56 PM
    Ummm thanks for the update, keep us posted on what you have for lunch.
    10-29-09 12:56 PM
    Can't really blame you...

I'm about to downgrade to something...probably .151. The voice dialing isn't functioning worth a damn on .328...something I have to have. Tried the voice adaptation twice, but this thing doesn't get any of my requests right...

Other issues as well (on my Storm at least) for .328....may see if an earlier 5.0 will work, but .151 worked great on my phone so I'll probably end up there.
    10-29-09 01:06 PM
    I am shocked you are having issues. 328 is better in every way than 167, other than memory. You should wipe clean and reinstall and try again, 5.0 is so much better.
    10-29-09 01:08 PM
    I have had no issues with anything on this update. Big ups to Verizon. To those having issues and flaming on it. All I can do is humorously point and chuckle . The browser even works a lot better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:12 PM
    I have had no issues with anything on this update. Big ups to Verizon. To those having issues and flaming on it. All I can do is humorously point and chuckle . The browser even works a lot better.

same here,best this phone has ever done.
    10-29-09 01:15 PM

Agree with that Latin haha. I'm loving 328 with no issues and I am running a huge list of 3rd party apps no issues.

Only two visual bugs I've noticed which I can easily deal with is the auto dim when in landscape.. (when turned a certain way) and the first icon goop but I use Messages as first Icon so its ok.

Other than that 328 runs perfect and much better than any previous OS... most of the errors I see here that people complain and complain about .. user error.. not an OS problem.
    10-29-09 01:17 PM
    This is the same thing I saw when .148 was first introduced. There were a small group of people who went back to .75. Supposedly. Do you think there is a single person still on .75? Well, probably there are a few but to me that's just foolish.

Having said that I will add that's my personal opinion, it's your phone, and you should always go with the OS that best suits your needs. You can come join the rest of us in the 21st Century some other time.
    10-29-09 01:21 PM
    +1. I'd also like to know if he is getting enough fiber in his diet or if he is still having constipation problems.

10-29-09 01:29 PM
    Another reason why Blackberry is cr@p. .167 worked great for me, went to .328 and it work swell, but that is why I have said way before that RIM has terrible quality control and the fact that they have issues with their own software on their own OS makes me question what they are smoking while programming.

5.0 was an upgrade to nothing, it simply fixed issues with the device, made it run how it should or shouldn't. Until there is real progress with BlackBerry I would suggest finding another device.
    10-29-09 01:47 PM
    i think we've found the tipping point where you have to start sacrificing function to improve performance....
    10-29-09 04:30 PM
    patches do you think this will also be the case with the S2 or just on the storm1??
    10-29-09 04:34 PM
    I don't seem to be sacrificing much
    10-29-09 04:34 PM
    This OS is a huge improvement over 148. Yes, some things are different and may not be what your used to but that doesn't make it bad. Phone is more responsive, I can now scroll thru pictures quickly for the first time and have not had any issues. I'm taking the stance that 5.0 is a great improvement!

10-29-09 04:36 PM
    Funny. I agree. (as if we relaly need a play by play!)

As far as downgrading... why? how can anything before this be better? none of the OS are perfect, agreed, but this release is way beyond anything earlier.
    IF you are having issues I would bet the farm it is the combination of user error and/or a combination of poorly written apps.
    10-29-09 04:44 PM
    Cheeseburger, fries and a coke.
    10-29-09 07:55 PM
    Funny. I agree. (as if we relaly need a play by play!)

As far as downgrading... why? how can anything before this be better? none of the OS are perfect, agreed, but this release is way beyond anything earlier.
    IF you are having issues I would bet the farm it is the combination of user error and/or a combination of poorly written apps.
    In my experience, the poorly written app is 5.0.0.328. I shouldnt have to perform a battery pull every time I want to be able to click on email links. As far as user error is concerned, installing .328 was the only error I made. I have not had 1 issue whatsoever with .167 and now that I am back on .167 my phone works as it should for what I need it to do. I dont have any more email problems, memory problems, browser problems, auto backlight dimming problems in landscape mode or texting/freezing problems just to name a few since I switched back.
    10-29-09 08:04 PM
    +1. I'd also like to know if he is getting enough fiber in his diet or if he is still having constipation problems.

Why are you so concerned with another mans bowl movements? Must be a "Bay Area" thing....
    10-29-09 08:11 PM
    Why are you so concerned with another mans bowl movements? Must be a "Bay Area" thing....
    +over 9000
    10-29-09 08:20 PM
    What problems do you have with .328?
    10-29-09 08:20 PM
    In my experience, the poorly written app is 5.0.0.328. I shouldnt have to perform a battery pull every time I want to be able to click on email links. As far as user error is concerned, installing .328 was the only error I made. I have not had 1 issue whatsoever with .167 and now that I am back on .167 my phone works as it should for what I need it to do. I dont have any more email problems, memory problems, browser problems, auto backlight dimming problems in landscape mode or texting/freezing problems just to name a few since I switched back.
    if you were having problems like that then take it in for an exchange..mine was only freezing on 5.0..went in and new refurb easily...don't downgrade because of hardware problems with your phone and 5.0
    10-29-09 08:21 PM
    What problems do you have with .328?
    if you were having problems like that then take it in for an exchange..mine was only freezing on 5.0..went in and new refurb easily...don't downgrade because of hardware problems with your phone and 5.0
    I only started to have problems when I loaded the official .328. Unfortunately taking the phone back to verizon is not going to repair the shoddy os. I am not saying its not a great or good os, it just didnt work for me and my needs and I was not willing nor should I be expected to sacrifice functionality for performance. I dont have any problems, issues, bugs or glitches now that I went back to .167. It just works better for me.
    10-29-09 08:30 PM
    I only started to have problems when I loaded the official .328. Unfortunately taking the phone back to verizon is not going to repair the shoddy os. I am not saying its not a great or good os, it just didnt work for me and my needs and I was not willing nor should I be expected to sacrifice functionality for performance. I dont have any problems, issues, bugs or glitches now that I went back to .167. It just works better for me.
    what if it's a hardware issue that is causing the OS to flip out? such a thing can happen...but you don't know unless you try it. i'd suggest trying to FRU it at least once before you jump to an obviously inferior OS....
    10-29-09 08:37 PM
    what if it's a hardware issue that is causing the OS to flip out? such a thing can happen...but you don't know unless you try it. i'd suggest trying to FRU it at least once before you jump to an obviously inferior OS....
    I feel if it was a hardware issue I would have experienced the problems on .167, not just .328. In my case, I will stick with what works for me.
    10-29-09 08:52 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD