I can't believe VZW is releasing .148. I am itching for another leak. Even in the .15X's!!!!! There are builds up to .22X.........where are they?
    Is there any word out there?
    05-30-09 09:40 AM
    man, there are new features coming out, and they are just beta testing the features to make sure that the phone is still functional. There is a chance that it could go from .148 to RIM releasing .24x to Verizon, then continue working on the 5.x - Whenever 5.x is released for us, we are going to see the optimization of 4.7.0.xxx
    05-30-09 11:40 AM
    I hope it is soon. I figured that we will be getting a leak sometime this week, once VZW rolls out the updates to all of their customers, who will have a version that is not surpassed by any of the leaks. Then as soon as 148 is distributed, I expect there will be another version leaked
    05-30-09 11:42 AM
    man, there are new features coming out, and they are just beta testing the features to make sure that the phone is still functional. There is a chance that it could go from .148 to RIM releasing .24x to Verizon, then continue working on the 5.x - Whenever 5.x is released for us, we are going to see the optimization of 4.7.0.xxx
    no, they will/cannot. RIM stopped 4.7 development in the .22x range and moved on to work solely on 5.0. You have no clue what you are talking about obviously.
    05-30-09 11:53 AM
    It would be nice to see the final builds in 4.7.
    Or even the latest 5.0 would be nice.

I mean as of tomorrow well be running the same os as the average consumer. Who wants to be doing that?
    Not me ;-P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 12:23 PM
    I like being different from the average Joe. Leaked os's are fun to mess with. I guess I am just a geek at heart.

05-30-09 12:31 PM
    I guess we are going to all have to switch to a .148/5.0 hybrid so we can still feel like we are ahead of the game until the next leak LOL.
    05-30-09 12:34 PM
    VZW will continue to test builds, idk if they're gonna jump ahead any now that there is a new OS out...i think they'll continue on as they were before. but we won't know until the lab/network cert team pushes something else out.
    05-30-09 03:25 PM
    I predict another 6 months for another mediocre Os.

05-31-09 06:46 PM
    It would be nice to see the final builds in 4.7.
    Or even the latest 5.0 would be nice.

I mean as of tomorrow well be running the same os as the average consumer. Who wants to be doing that?
    Not me ;-P

How are the avg. people getting informed about the update?

You only get the update by going to Wireless Upgrade, but there was no email sent out, well I didn't get one at least.

And I agree I want to have a better OS than the avg. person
    05-31-09 06:54 PM
    I got an email, you didn't?

05-31-09 07:00 PM
    How are the avg. people getting informed about the update?

You only get the update by going to Wireless Upgrade, but there was no email sent out, well I didn't get one at least.

And I agree I want to have a better OS than the avg. person
    you will get an email
    05-31-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD