06-02-09 10:09 PM
36 12
tools
    this is completely false. Have you learned high school physics? lol just kidding, but a battery cuts all electron flow once it is disconnected. So basically, it is instant. If you are worrying about capacitors, they only need a couple of seconds to completely discharge. Plus, the only reason why you need a battery pull is to initiate a reset. Discharging the capacitor doesn't need to happen for that. That's why apps like quickpull and meterberry work the way they do.
    Wrong. When dealing with memory in the 9530, it is not instantly cleared by a quick pull. There are countless threads explaining why sometimes using quickpull simply isn't enough. According to your logic, the phone would never be able to keep time unless the radio is on, after a batt pull.
    Last edited by widdlewade; 06-01-09 at 05:38 PM.
    06-01-09 05:33 PM
    Well I miss the finger slide thing too. I purposely kept my menu page icons down to 16 so I could slide slide slide! When I did my 1st upgrade to the .132 leak I noticed it was gone. So sad!

Yes. I believe the effect you speak of was an unintentional bug in .75 that was fixed in later versions.
    If it was an unintentional bug, Verizon liked it too, because it was featured in the first Verizon Storm commercials.
    06-01-09 05:49 PM
    also a nooby and this may be the wrong place to ask this but i downloaded new os .148, performed a battery pull and since then the weather bug app. will not work, tried to erase location and retry and now will not find any cities. also noticed since the update that if you press the screen with it locked it does not light up, can that be turned back on??? thx for the help...
    06-01-09 06:02 PM
    this is completely false. Have you learned high school physics? lol just kidding, but a battery cuts all electron flow once it is disconnected. So basically, it is instant. If you are worrying about capacitors, they only need a couple of seconds to completely discharge. Plus, the only reason why you need a battery pull is to initiate a reset. Discharging the capacitor doesn't need to happen for that. That's why apps like quickpull and meterberry work the way they do.
    Well, CX says to do it for thirty seconds, so we do it.

30 seconds is an arbitrary time frame that most electronic devices in the world would be totally reset by losing a power source for that time. Most computers hold their charge for 3-7 seconds after they are unplugged. I'm sure the storm doesn't have that much internal power but 30 seconds ensures all the circuits have no power left in them.

Would you prefer if we said hold it out for 10.3 seconds?
    06-01-09 06:13 PM
    also a nooby and this may be the wrong place to ask this but i downloaded new os .148, performed a battery pull and since then the weather bug app. will not work, tried to erase location and retry and now will not find any cities. also noticed since the update that if you press the screen with it locked it does not light up, can that be turned back on??? thx for the help...
    Dude come on. this isnt the place for this. You peon. Do what I did. Start a post with the word noob on it and pray that you dont get bashed by the blackberry crackhead fanatics all over this site. I was lucky, some nice people who just upgraded were in a good moood and understood where I was coming from with the finger slide loss. I escaped the bombardment. But with this question I guarantee you will get flamed. Weathermap can probably be downloaded again in appworld. If it cant, who cares? download one of the other 24 weather apps that give you the temp of places that you wish you were at. BTW, I am jk with 95% of this post. Like I said start up a thread with "noob lost his weatherbug, cold please help" and you will get your help. A fanatic may even take you under his wing and guide you through this whole process. good luck
    06-01-09 07:18 PM
    battery pull!!
    Perfect example as to why not stand up in class and shout the wrong answer.
    06-01-09 08:32 PM
    so what i am gathering from your message craig is that with all the time spent living in your parents basement for the last 35 years and not having any real world worries, that you have mastered all sorts of technology, and rather than help others who may have other outside interests other than the internet and world of warcraft, you make jokes and insults rather than help and advise....just 95% kidding.....
    06-02-09 08:37 PM
    The relevant point is the lack of a finger slide pal.. and I didnt know .148 had its own thread.
    You didn't see all of the .148 threads on the first page of this very forum? And you didn't see the YELLOW menu option that says "Search Forums"?
    06-02-09 09:57 PM
    Thanks. This thread went better than i expected. I guess i am not the only one who appreciated it.

the best part was showing off to my gf sliding my finger around making galaga noises while i was doing it saying "does your phone do this? does your phone do that?" nope didnt think so.. also a little easier to open home apps
    wow, if that impressed your gf.... Wow, just... Wow!

I seriously hope you're going to tell me she at you and called you a dork
    06-02-09 09:59 PM
    i miss the finger slide. wait till you realize what color banding is
    I believe the finger slide disappeared right around the time color banding appeared. I also remember the Storm suddenly performing ALOT better. Coincidence? I think not.........
    06-02-09 10:04 PM
    Perfect example as to why not stand up in class and shout the wrong answer.
    Yea, I just hate when I dooo that
    06-02-09 10:09 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD