I upgraded to .148 tonight. I was running .75. I dont know how to mess with unofficial upgrades.

I can no longer slide my finger around the screen and highlight different icons. Its not a big deal but I used to enjoy it on my storm. lol. Is this a new feature of .148? or did i do something wrong?

I think I deserve to ask such a ridiculous question. I started my OTA upgrade at 8 EST. got up to 58%. stalled for an hour and aborted. Tried again got up to 18% and stalled so aborted.

I finally manned up and setup my blackberry desktop manager. yes I am lazy. I backed up all contacts and that ****. It took me about 2 hours, a reload software 507 error, plus whatever I had to do after that to start my phone up again, in between that I had a half hour conversation with a lady on the phone who i could tell wanted nothing to do with me, then got disconnnected and winged it on my own until I got my phone working.

Then I had to do this host routing garbage you guys talk about to get my internet working.

now all i want is my cool som trick that the blue highlight moves along with my finger as i pass it around the screen. Is this too much to ask?

To anyone having problems with this download. suck it up.. I did it and I am a self proclaimed BB *****. the desktop manager method would have taken me 30 minutes tops if i knew what i was doing
    06-01-09 03:29 AM
    Your post made my day. Most people don't know the value of a good finger slide. But you can still do it on the keyboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:48 AM
    battery pull!!
    06-01-09 03:54 AM
    I am not finding any relevant point to this post or at least a reason to justify it being an independent post and not part of the .148 thread.
    The relevant point is the lack of a finger slide pal.. and I didnt know .148 had its own thread.
    06-01-09 04:15 AM
    Your post made my day. Most people don't know the value of a good finger slide. But you can still do it on the keyboard!

Thanks at least you enjoyed it..
    06-01-09 04:16 AM
    battery pull!!
    Even a noob like me knows by now that most problems are solved by a battery pull. I even have an app simply for that. a batterypullx6 didnt get my finger slide back
    06-01-09 04:17 AM
    This is a man that needs answers without all those other posts getting in the way. This guy doesn't need a power tie and you think your better than him? Well, let me tell you something, you buy your daughters ice cream with this mans a$$ pennies. So keep that in mind you peon
    . ( sorry its late and I got carried away). Kisses!

Thanks Padre for the support. And thanks for giving me my new word of the week.. Peon..
    06-01-09 04:19 AM
    ok so the trick to get the icons to hover like you want is to simply get it down to only having enough icons on the screen to fill it.

If you have extra icons showing it simply turns your flick into a scroll of the screen instead of changing icons..

so create folders or hide icons that you dont use but icons in folders whatever it takes to get it down to only enough icons to fit on the screen.
    06-01-09 04:51 AM
    The finger sliding bit was removed in every OS past .75 or somewhere round about, and hasn't been seen since.
    06-01-09 06:51 AM
    Ahh yes, the finger slide.
    06-01-09 06:56 AM
    Yes. I believe the effect you speak of was an unintentional bug in .75 that was fixed in later versions. But I guess some like you thought it was a feature and liked it. You can always try a 3rd party theme that may have that effect you're looking for.

06-01-09 07:16 AM
    i miss the finger slide. wait till you realize what color banding is
    06-01-09 08:02 AM
    Reports are sayin colour banding is fixed in 151 here's hopin

06-01-09 08:28 AM
    Reports are sayin colour banding is fixed in 151 here's hopin

Agreed. I hope it's fixed, because I would love to see the color back to the levels they should be. But even more so, I hope it's fixed so that we can finally put an end to all the arguing about it.
    06-01-09 08:37 AM
    I upgraded to .148 tonight. I was running .75. I dont know how to mess with unofficial upgrades.

I can no longer slide my finger around the screen and highlight different icons. Its not a big deal but I used to enjoy it on my storm. lol. Is this a new feature of .148? or did i do something wrong?

I think I deserve to ask such a ridiculous question. I started my OTA upgrade at 8 EST. got up to 58%. stalled for an hour and aborted. Tried again got up to 18% and stalled so aborted.

I finally manned up and setup my blackberry desktop manager. yes I am lazy. I backed up all contacts and that ****. It took me about 2 hours, a reload software 507 error, plus whatever I had to do after that to start my phone up again, in between that I had a half hour conversation with a lady on the phone who i could tell wanted nothing to do with me, then got disconnnected and winged it on my own until I got my phone working.

Then I had to do this host routing garbage you guys talk about to get my internet working.

now all i want is my cool som trick that the blue highlight moves along with my finger as i pass it around the screen. Is this too much to ask?

To anyone having problems with this download. suck it up.. I did it and I am a self proclaimed BB *****. the desktop manager method would have taken me 30 minutes tops if i knew what i was doing
    Lol good stuff. The finger slide big has been removed since version .83 if I remember correctly.

06-01-09 09:07 AM
    Even a noob like me knows by now that most problems are solved by a battery pull. I even have an app simply for that. a batterypullx6 didnt get my finger slide back
    When you do a batt pull, leave it out for a minute or so.
    06-01-09 11:23 AM
    Lol good stuff. The finger slide big has been removed since version .83 if I remember correctly.

Thanks. This thread went better than i expected. I guess i am not the only one who appreciated it.

the best part was showing off to my gf sliding my finger around making galaga noises while i was doing it saying "does your phone do this? does your phone do that?" nope didnt think so.. also a little easier to open home apps
    06-01-09 01:22 PM
    i miss the finger slide. wait till you realize what color banding is
    Ill close my ears to any future talk about color banding..
    06-01-09 01:23 PM
    The finger sliding bit was removed in every OS past .75 or somewhere round about, and hasn't been seen since.
    Thanks for the reply.
    06-01-09 01:24 PM
    I have to take back my comment ;/

apparently even with the icons to only fit the screen the slide is gone. I guess I should have checked it out before I typed it haha

my bad =(
    06-01-09 02:29 PM
    The relevant point is the lack of a finger slide pal.. and I didnt know .148 had its own thread.
    Well it does, pal.
    06-01-09 02:31 PM
    If you really like the finger slide, press the send key and bring up the dialpad. you can slide to your heart's content there!

Also, when you say you don't know how to mess with upgrades, you should just say that you didn't feel like looking it up. there are many pages of instructions covering step-by-step how to's on this topic. It sounds like you've already learned a lot from this experience though, and next time will be a lot faster for you!
    06-01-09 02:47 PM
    When you do a batt pull, leave it out for a minute or so.
    this is completely false. Have you learned high school physics? lol just kidding, but a battery cuts all electron flow once it is disconnected. So basically, it is instant. If you are worrying about capacitors, they only need a couple of seconds to completely discharge. Plus, the only reason why you need a battery pull is to initiate a reset. Discharging the capacitor doesn't need to happen for that. That's why apps like quickpull and meterberry work the way they do.
    06-01-09 03:46 PM
    If you really like the finger slide, press the send key and bring up the dialpad. you can slide to your heart's content there!

Also, when you say you don't know how to mess with upgrades, you should just say that you didn't feel like looking it up. there are many pages of instructions covering step-by-step how to's on this topic. It sounds like you've already learned a lot from this experience though, and next time will be a lot faster for you!
    But, according to Civic's thread, the sliding is buggy for the dial pad, even from .75. If you swipe up on 7, 8, and 9 respectively to 1, 2, and 3 respectively, the blue selection stays lit. Kind of weird.
    06-01-09 03:48 PM

i learned alot.. It was actually a great experience.. and the how to's although many are helpful ended up confusing me. and plus I dont know what exactly is "allowed" from my provider and I dont wanna **** around with them. I did look alot but I figured my finger slide comments deserved a post of its own
    06-01-09 05:18 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD