The title says it all. I have downloaded and deleted this three times in order to get it to operate like the previous version. It insists on operating like you have a keyboard. You cannot hide the keyboard and the graphics are nowhere near the quality they were. This is so aggrevating!! I used gmaps a ton and now I hate it. Anyone else with the same problems???
    07-09-10 08:13 PM
    Yes many of us had the same problem. Completely remove it, make sure your browser is set to BlackBerry and download again. If you do a search you will see that it took 4 or 5 tries for some people. It took me 3.
    Also try disabling & enabling compatibility mode a few times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 10:15 PM
    Thanks Midnight. I finally got it to work. I did a hard boot up and it took after that. Maybe something was remaining in memory that it didn't like. Works like a charm now and I am a happy camper again!!
    07-10-10 03:56 PM
    Google Maps 4.2 is an awesome app. I never had problems from installing or using! Remember you should always reboot your phone after installing apps. I only wish Google would allow voice navigation on devices other than droids.
    07-11-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD