I'm a new owner of the verizon storm. Before on my curve, I LOVED the gmail application along with gmaps, gsync. Storm is having issues with all three for me. I'll break down what I've done with/myquestions:

Gmail app: downloaded it from m.google.com. I go to run it and I get this prompt: "Error:starting gmail$2dg:Module 'gmail $2dg-3' has verification error 1069 at offset 8a56"

gsync: visited the m.googe.com site and this prompt comes up: "Device Not Supported". does anyone know if google is going to be updating soon for the storm?

gmaps: downloaded from m.google. There is no "my location" button and the touch screen seems to not work. Can't drag over or click in. Is this due to not having VZnavigator? or is the application buggy?

Is anyone else having these issues? My main priority is getting gmail app to work. From what I hear it's impossible to fully sync "marked read" emails with the gmail/bb system.

Thanks everyone
    11-22-08 05:54 PM
    To all those trying like I did... completely remove the gmail you have setup... then add the account through the BIS site listed in this thread... this will configure it all correctly. Just waiting now to see if my emails will download....
    Last edited by zackiv31; 11-23-08 at 01:54 PM.
    11-23-08 01:45 PM
    So it "works" on my phone now... my last question is this:

If I read an email online at gmail.com, is there any way for my blackberry to know this and mark it as read? It works the other way around though which makes me happy.
    11-23-08 02:01 PM
    To all those trying like I did... completely remove the gmail you have setup... then add the account through the BIS site listed in this thread... this will configure it all correctly. Just waiting now to see if my emails will download....
    How did you get around the issue of it telling you that there's already an account registered to your PIN?
    11-23-08 02:05 PM
    Called Verizon have them reset your BIS account. I had the same issue, and they reset my account so I can now configure through BIS.

My GMail runs off IMAP, and it's almost a perfect sync. If i send a message from my phone, it shows up in the sent items folder on my computers running Outlook. If i delete from the phone, it deletes off Outlook. The only issue I'm having is if I delete something off the server first, it doesn't properly reconcile and delete it off my phone simultaneously.
    11-23-08 02:12 PM
    How did you get around the issue of it telling you that there's already an account registered to your PIN?
    I didn't have any issues with PIN/BIS... actually I don't even know what the PIN is actually, it's like a unique identifier or something? Either way, I've succesfully removed and deleted my gmail account multiple times. I only have a personal account for web/email ($30/month), and only use gmail if this makes a difference.
    11-23-08 02:34 PM
    I didn't have any issues with PIN/BIS... actually I don't even know what the PIN is actually, it's like a unique identifier or something? Either way, I've succesfully removed and deleted my gmail account multiple times. I only have a personal account for web/email ($30/month), and only use gmail if this makes a difference.
    That's the same thing I have. The PIN issue is that if you originally set up your BIS on the Storm itself, and not through the BIS website, you subsequently can't get onto the BIS website without calling Verizon and having them generate a user name and password for you.
    11-23-08 03:10 PM
    Fix:

Setup / Email Setup

Select your email account

Menu

Filters

Add Filter

...You should be able to get it from there (from the device)

Worked for me and I could not log onto the VZW BIS due to pw issues
    11-23-08 05:43 PM
    I just fixed mine...call *611 to have them set you up with a username and password for bis, then log on online, delete your original email address from the list, and refer to page 1 of this thread for the rest
    11-23-08 05:46 PM
    That's the same thing I have. The PIN issue is that if you originally set up your BIS on the Storm itself, and not through the BIS website, you subsequently can't get onto the BIS website without calling Verizon and having them generate a user name and password for you.
    You don't have to call customer service to set it up. I had the same issue.

Goto Email setup on the blackberry and on that screen hit the 'menu' button. There will be an option to "Create username". From there you can create a username/password to access the BIS website from your PC and thus setup gmail with IMAP.
    11-23-08 06:00 PM
    Whenever I attempt to setup my Gmail account through BIS, i never get an option to enter the imap mail servers - it automatically configures the settings.
    11-23-08 07:01 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD