Hi. I've never owned a blackberry before, but am planning to buy a storm on verizon to replace my motorolla q 9c (regular consumer, not corporate user). On my Q I use verizon's wireless sync webapp to push my gmail to my phone. Works great. I looked at the wireless sync site, and blackberry phones aren't listed in the add device page. Is it possible to have gmail pushed to the phone? POP3, not IMAP.

How does this work on the blackberry?
    11-17-08 12:22 PM
    Welcome.

When you purchase a blackberry data plan, you will have to create an account on Verizon's BIS (blackberry internet service). Then you can add any personal email account, POP3, IMAP, OWA. As far as gmail, it's pushed instantly to your blackberry.
    11-17-08 12:28 PM
    its AMAZING !
    11-17-08 12:31 PM
    wow, that does sound amazing. my only question then I guess is: will mail I send from the storm still appear to come from my gmail account (like it does when I send it from my Q), or will it now be from some new verizon or blackberry address. if it's the former that would be amazing. if it's the latter, that might be a deal breaker for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 12:44 PM
    It will be sent through your gmail account. BIS allows for up to 10 email accounts including AOL, gmail, Yahoo, MSN, etc.

You will also be able to have an email account that is exclusive to your BB [email protected].
    11-17-08 12:53 PM
    i use google apps. its works perfect for me. i had to set up a filter to block email coming from my address to my phone. other than that i love it. i get email to my blackberry faster than the website!
    11-17-08 12:59 PM
    cool. now I really can't wait to get one.

11-17-08 01:21 PM
    cool. now I really can't wait to get one.

That's true it is faster than the website!

11-17-08 01:26 PM
    Here's one for you.
    I have Gmail with several of my other accounts funneling into that one. When I sens an email off however, it shows as coming from another one (@verizon.net). Is this possible to continue?

To sum up, receive email from my gamil, but show responses as coming from verizon, or whichever email source it originated from?
    11-17-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD