Hey all,

Did a search and didnt find this. I am a blackberry veteran but this has me stumped. It seems that my gmail inbox is only holding on to my Gmail emails no farther than the current day. Meaning, if I look in my Gmail inbox, I only see my gmail emails from that day. Is this happening to anyone else? Am i missing something?
    12-11-08 12:41 PM
    when you say inbox do you mean at Google or on the Storm? Also, do you have IMAP or POP?
    12-11-08 12:45 PM
    when you say inbox do you mean at Google or on the Storm? Also, do you have IMAP or POP?
    On the Storm, no issues on my GMail inbox. I use IMAP for Gmail.
    12-11-08 12:46 PM
    OK I assume since you are a vet, you have the settings on the Storm to save emails for some length of time. You are not moving them to a folder or saving them on the Storm are you? I do not use IMAP so I will be of limited help. Take a look at this and check your Storm settings:
    https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78892
    12-11-08 01:01 PM
    OK I assume since you are a vet, you have the settings on the Storm to save emails for some length of time. You are not moving them to a folder or saving them on the Storm are you? I do not use IMAP so I will be of limited help. Take a look at this and check your Storm settings:
    https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78892
    All settings are to the tee.
    12-11-08 01:47 PM
    I don't use the IMAP settings, but just wanted to jog some ideas. How much free memory does your device currently show? In Messages go to Options - General Options - at bottom check "Keep Messages" and see what setting it is
    12-11-08 01:51 PM
    I think i found the issue, it seems that the two are syncing correctly. I archived some messages in Gmail, and now they are not showing on my phone after a few minutes. DIdnt think this reconciliation existed with Gmail. This is an ID 10 T issue.
    12-11-08 01:56 PM
    This is an ID 10 T issue.
    Nice, have not heard that in a while.

IMAP should get you that sorta reconciliation whereas POP will not.
    12-11-08 02:01 PM
    When I send an email through Gmail I get the email i just sent as a new email onto my phone.

Does anyone know how to turn this off?
    12-11-08 02:09 PM
    create a filter on the BIS website to block emails sent from you from being sent.
    12-11-08 02:13 PM
    i'm new to this blackberry stuff.

"explain it to me like i'm an 8 year old"
    -The Office.
    12-11-08 03:00 PM
    1.Go to verizon BIS login site - https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    2. Login and click on filters next to the gmail account
    3. Click on add filter
    4.Name your filter and then for the "Apply Filter when:" dropdown, select ""From" field"
    5.In contains field - enter your gmail address
    6.Click on radio button that says do not forward messages to device
    7. Save
    8. Eat a cookie
    12-11-08 03:06 PM
    Haha. Thanks for the help.
    12-11-08 03:10 PM
    I think i found the issue, it seems that the two are syncing correctly. I archived some messages in Gmail, and now they are not showing on my phone after a few minutes. DIdnt think this reconciliation existed with Gmail. This is an ID 10 T issue.
    Interesting, so it will reconcile an archived email on Gmail, but not a read email on Gmail? That seems screwy.
    12-11-08 03:51 PM
    Interesting, so it will reconcile an archived email on Gmail, but not a read email on Gmail? That seems screwy.
    No it syncs both
    12-11-08 11:05 PM
    The best solution is just to download the GMail App.

go to m.google.com on your phone
    12-11-08 11:28 PM
    No it syncs both
    Really? You can read a new message on your computer in gmail and it will mark the new message read on the phone? If that's the case you need to share your settings. I know I'm not the only one that is missing this.
    12-12-08 01:50 AM
    Really? You can read a new message on your computer in gmail and it will mark the new message read on the phone? If that's the case you need to share your settings. I know I'm not the only one that is missing this.
    No, it will only mark read in Gmail if I read on the phone, not the other way around.
    12-12-08 09:52 AM
    I'm having a similar problem as the OP.

This is a new issue that has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. In my gmail inbox on my BlackBerry, I only see a few emails from today (even though I've gotten many. I see emails from back in May, but nothing between then and now. I'm not sure where along the way my settings have changed, but I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

Just some info about my setup:

BES;
    2 gmail accounts configured (not sure whether they are IMAP or POP);
    My gmail downloads to Outlook on my home machine, but Outlook is set to leave a copy on the server.

Please help.

This is so frustrating to not have my emails handy.

Thanks!
    07-14-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD