Hey guys, just got the Storm yesterday. How do I stop the email's I send from being sent to my Storm. I keep thinking I have new email and its just an email that I just sent to someone else. Annoying.

Do you guys that have gmail accts use the gmail app or just the BB push? I'm assuming the gmail app is nicer but does not push the email right away.
    02-02-09 10:00 PM

I wana know also.
    02-02-09 10:05 PM
    Do this on your BB

Setup > Email Setup > Highlight the account > BB Button > Filters > Add Filter > Filter on From Address > Put your email address in the contains box > Add > Save
    02-02-09 10:10 PM
    Wait a minute! I did a wipe earlier and now 1. i can't find my browser icon and 2. when i try to access email settings it says device had a problem connecting to the server. I guess the wipe did something, just don't know what.
    02-02-09 10:20 PM
    Wait a minute! I did a wipe earlier and now 1. i can't find my browser icon and 2. when i try to access email settings it says device had a problem connecting to the server. I guess the wipe did something, just don't know what.
    Ahh, the good old question that is asked about a million times after a leak comes out.

Try sending your service books.
    02-02-09 10:23 PM
    I remember searching this and finding a solution. I had to log into the blackberry mail site and click a few things off.

That's vague, sorry. At least it's an arrow...
    02-02-09 10:25 PM
    I use the Gmail app because it two way syncs nicely and I don't need my personal Gmail pushed to me. It sucks in s few ways: can't email attachments, doesn't work the best with my contacts , would like it if swipe went to next email. But syncing is key for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:26 PM
    Ahh, the good old question that is asked about a million times after a leak comes out.

Try sending your service books.
    Just send all of them that are listed?
    02-02-09 10:28 PM
    Nevermind, found it here:

Cannot post a url godforbid to show how the search function is useful to noobs...

Still trying to resolve the other issue with sent emails sent to me. I'll try out that post and see if it works.
    02-02-09 10:38 PM
    Hey guys, just got the Storm yesterday. How do I stop the email's I send from being sent to my Storm. I keep thinking I have new email and its just an email that I just sent to someone else. Annoying.

Do you guys that have gmail accts use the gmail app or just the BB push? I'm assuming the gmail app is nicer but does not push the email right away.
    search the How To subforum. I know the answer to your question is in there.

EDIT: oops, I believe rip answered your question. Sorry, my bad
    Last edited by fcortese; 02-02-09 at 10:44 PM. Reason: laziness-did not read all posts
    02-02-09 10:42 PM
    Do this on your BB

Setup > Email Setup > Highlight the account > BB Button > Filters > Add Filter > Filter on From Address > Put your email address in the contains box > Add > Save
    Thanks for that.
    02-02-09 10:42 PM
    I use the Gmail app because it two way syncs nicely and I don't need my personal Gmail pushed to me. It sucks in s few ways: can't email attachments, doesn't work the best with my contacts , would like it if swipe went to next email. But syncing is key for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean it doesn't work the best with your contacts? I've been waiting since this came out figuring they had to work the bugs out. I don't trust contact sync'ing apps but I want one soooo bad!
    02-03-09 05:21 PM
    What do you mean it doesn't work the best with your contacts? I've been waiting since this came out figuring they had to work the bugs out. I don't trust contact sync'ing apps but I want one soooo bad!

It probably isn't all that bad. I don't actually do that much sending of my gmails from my Storm, so I can't tell you that much, but it is not as good as interface for composing emails as the BB email. (addresses don't auto complete, can't attach things, doesn't look as good). If you send a lot of emails I might try just using the stock BB email.
    02-03-09 06:32 PM
    Do this on your BB

Ok, I'm trying this on the Curve. When I get into email setup, there are no accounts. It asks to set up new account, does that make sense?
    02-20-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD