Just wanted to let everyone know that this phone isnt so Global, I was in Ensenada, Baja Mexicali over the weekend, the time doesn't ever update on the phone at any setting, and the roaming signal sucks! If you have AT&T you have a great signal.... So there wonderful Global phone isnt so Global, can you hear me now?
    05-26-09 08:05 AM
    That's a problem with your provider. If you've unlocked your phone, you can use any local provider that sells pre-paid SIM cards.

BTW, why is this in OS instead of Rants and Raves?
    05-26-09 08:07 AM
    That doesn't make much of any sense. If you're phone was unlocked and you had global roaming I don't see why you wouldn't have picked up a decent 3g signal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:09 AM
    Because its an OS issue...all other Verizon phones were updating as we was traveling but not the Storm....

I had a friend with .122 version and I had .148 and either phone was updating.
    Last edited by bdale00; 05-26-09 at 08:11 AM.
    05-26-09 08:09 AM
    the time never updates automatically on all blackberry models, you have to go in the date and time setting and then update time.
    05-26-09 08:24 AM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that this phone isnt so Global, I was in Ensenada, Baja Mexicali over the weekend, the time doesn't ever update on the phone at any setting, and the roaming signal sucks! If you have AT&T you have a great signal.... So there wonderful Global phone isnt so Global, can you hear me now?
    ISTM signal quality is not a phone issue in this case, but reflects the roaming agreements made between carriers. If your carrier does not have an agreement and you are not allowed to use the only carrier offering good service at a particular location that's not the phone's fault.

Time (time zone) is not designed to update automatically. Read http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/ for the explanation of how your phone handles this. If you mean it never corrected a minor clock error, this could be a consequence of missing network support, or the poor signal quality you mention.
    05-26-09 08:29 AM
    So you're saying that this is yet another case of someone not doing their research and blaming the storm?! Shocked! Lol

The Storm: scapegoat since 2008

05-26-09 09:25 AM
    kinggeoff: Blaming end users for every issue with the Storm since 2008.
    05-26-09 09:43 AM
    Amazing how people buy a phone and expect it to do EVERYTHING for em. Lazy.

Hope you don't buy a car and just put gas in it.

(Obligatory comparison of the Storm to a vehicle)

05-26-09 10:27 AM
    I travelled from scotland to sydney, oz, and all up and down the east coast and every time I changed zones so did the phone.

05-26-09 10:32 AM
    I was in Greece last week and had nothing but an "sos" signal, but for me it is a service provider issue.

05-26-09 03:38 PM
    I was in Greece last week and had nothing but an "sos" signal, but for me it is a service provider issue.

So in other words, you had no issue.
    05-26-09 04:04 PM
    (checks join date)

sorry vanessa, i wasnt around here in 2008, nice to know you know me so well though, i think your slip is showing
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-26-09 at 04:12 PM.
    05-26-09 04:07 PM
    i always kinda lol at the idea of the world phone "our phone can also use the standard that the rest of the world chose, not to mention that all at&t phones are world phones cool catch phrase though"
    05-26-09 04:20 PM
    So in other words, you had no issue.
    No. In the same words, it was a service provider issue. Are you slow?

05-26-09 04:48 PM
    (checks join date)

sorry vanessa, i wasnt around here in 2008, nice to know you know me so well though, i think your slip is showing
    Oh. Right. I guess it just FEELS like you been doing it for years....
    05-26-09 04:52 PM
    basically the phone has global capabilities but it says in over 145 countries but isn't covered as well as AT&T b/c of the roaming agreements...I anticipate that changing in the near future....but for now we are forced to actually not user our crackberrys when we are ON VACATION!! lol
    05-26-09 04:58 PM
    Oh. Right. I guess it just FEELS like you been doing it for years....
    Just get that slip taken care of. It's unsightly. Not very ladylike at all.
    05-26-09 05:12 PM

time zone is a RIM issue, none of their phones do that

coverage is the local carrier...and yes we can hear you. go somewhere with better CDMA coverage, or more stuff to do that you don't have to use your phone while you're there...
    05-26-09 05:18 PM

Crackberry.com users official response to everything

"search, n00b!"

"PEB CAK"

and 99% of the time they're right!
    05-26-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD