I know the difference but was wonderiwhich one should my phone stay one to get the best speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:45 AM
    This has been covered many times. Search is your friend.
    02-22-09 08:49 AM
    1xev is what you "should" be on when using verizon.
    02-22-09 08:50 AM

I know but for some reason when I search I get an error page if you had the time to reply to my post u could at least answered my question

02-22-09 08:51 AM
    1xev is what you "should" be on when using verizon.
    Thank u

02-22-09 08:54 AM
    I know but for some reason when I search I get an error page if you had the time to reply to my post u could at least answered my question

don't mind these Mod wanna bees ......

you should have it on 1XEV its better on battery life too
    02-22-09 08:55 AM
    don't mind these Mod wanna bees ......

you should have it on 1XEV its better on battery life too
    Thanks homie

02-22-09 08:58 AM
    I know 1XEV is better for battery life, but why is the pre-set global? It must be there for a reason. What's the limitation of going down to 1XEV?
    02-22-09 10:01 AM
    I know 1XEV is better for battery life, but why is the pre-set global? It must be there for a reason. What's the limitation of going down to 1XEV?
    because when you are overseas, there are many areas (most of the world in fact) that only have GSM service. if you switch to global, you're enabling both radios, so when you dont have cdma service, it looks for gsm service.
    02-22-09 10:08 AM
    I completely agree with searching first and I myself have said this, but if you are going to make a post you could have at least included the answer.
    02-22-09 10:15 AM
    i'm just throwin this out there but...i wouldnt suggest changing the network technology from GLOBAL TO 1XEV. I leave mine on GLOBAL this is why: I sometimes have no service in my basement and when in GLOBAL it says mobile network AT&T or Tmobile. and near the signal strength it says SOS. meaning 911 calls only. However if i change it to 1XEV it says no service at all. so if you ever have no service with verizon however there is an at&t cell site, you can make 911 calls. but if it is 1XEV it just looks for CDMA technology. im just guessing, so does that make sense haha lol?
    no, thats a waste. you're running two radios and draining your battery. if you need to make a 911 call, go ahead and switch it to global THEN. not to mention you can always oh i dont know.. walk upstairs to make a 911 call.

im sure you could also rebut with 100 'what ifs', and have some justification, but in general its an unnecessary drain on your battery.
    02-22-09 10:39 AM
    I completely agree with searching first and I myself have said this, but if you are going to make a post you could have at least included the answer.
    That would be a pointless duplication of effort. Maybe you'd enjoy a job where all you do is turn screws all day, but I'd prefer something that requires a bit more.
    02-22-09 11:23 AM
    Another reason to have it on 1XEV: there have been rumors that when the phone tries to switch to GSM, it causes the "phantom reboot".

Also, in response to these posts, the SIM card is not even activated unless you have or had a global plan. The SIM card should not be connecting to any network in the US without this.

02-22-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD