just got my 9550 up and running on at&t using these forums...happy blackberry...happy me! Thanks Guys
    06-22-10 09:13 PM
    I got my Evo last week and I've got 30 days to decide. I got exchange mail running, Gmail, full 2-way sync and all apps loaded in about 2 hours. The phone rocks, it's fast as **** and very intuitive. I'm using Swype for typing and I don't think I can go back now. Truly amazing app!!

Downsides to Evo in the last week?
    1. Horrible view when outside in sunlight. Brightness all the way up and you can barely see. Hopefully fixed in Android 2.2
    2. Battery life - Not good at all. But, found an app to kill dormant 'rogue' apps every hour, so now I'm all good.

No other complaints. The phone rocks! I'll save $40 per month on my bill too, even with the $10 4G access charges.

Any phone that I can't see in bright sunlight is automatically out of the running when I consider a phone. That's a non-negotiable feature. It's no wonder I like BB phones--their screens are very bright. Just today I was texting in sunshine and could clearly see the screen. What good is a fast processor or a great browser if you can only use/see the phone in dim light??
    06-22-10 09:29 PM
    Lol. Its a trip how people get **** hurt because somebody makes a thread about switching. I hadn't been back on since I posted mine about switching to the EVO but reading the responses was funny. I mean grown A$$ adults that mad cause somebody made a thread. If that pisses you off I don't know what to tell ya. I don't have a problem with my S2 at all. I just like the EVO better. Plus it makes more since for me cause my bill would be cut in half by switching to sprint. And trust me I don't like Sprint at all cause they charged me $118 10 years ago even though I told them I was deploying for 13 months. Brought in my orders and everything. Then found out later they put it on my credit report and sent it to collections. I'm not about to down anybody cause they would rather have the S2. It a personal choice.
    06-22-10 11:08 PM
    Both phones are good. To each his own.
    06-22-10 11:51 PM
    Lol. Its a trip how people get **** hurt because somebody makes a thread about switching. I hadn't been back on since I posted mine about switching to the EVO but reading the responses was funny. I mean grown A$$ adults that mad cause somebody made a thread. If that pisses you off I don't know what to tell ya. I don't have a problem with my S2 at all. I just like the EVO better. Plus it makes more since for me cause my bill would be cut in half by switching to sprint. And trust me I don't like Sprint at all cause they charged me $118 10 years ago even though I told them I was deploying for 13 months. Brought in my orders and everything. Then found out later they put it on my credit report and sent it to collections. I'm not about to down anybody cause they would rather have the S2. It a personal choice.

I'm not so sure ANYONE is "hurt". I think what members here are trying to point out is that ALL phones have drawbacks. Even those with huge sales figures.
    06-23-10 12:09 AM
    I'm not so sure ANYONE is "hurt". I think what members here are trying to point out is that ALL phones have drawbacks. Even those with huge sales figures.
    Exactly. The choice depends on which drawbacks you want to live with. Here are the ones I can never live with that makes Storm 2 the best device for me.
    1. Screen usability under direct sunlight.
    2. Phone reliability/call quality
    3. SurePress
    4. Battery life
    5. Network availability
    6. Email/messaging

The two things really lacking on Storm: snappy browser (there is an OM for that ) and tons of apps (I have every app that I need on my phone. But to each his own)

It is not a pissing contest. Increasing consumer choice is an advantage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 07:06 AM
    Oh trust me I agree. Like I said in my post I have no problem with the Storm. I love mine. I'm just really intrigued by the EVO plus my bill is probably playing more of a factor then the phone itself. But you got to admit some of the people that respond to these "I'm leaving the Storm" threads act like seeing the thread just ruins their day. They almost take it personal. I'm like this is a message board. There is no way in **** i'm going to be overly sensitive to what somebody says on here and start attacking the OP because he made the thread. I probably won't even click on the thread. Some of the people that make these threads though do down people that like the Storm which is dumb also. Its all about what you like. Everybody is going to be different.
    06-23-10 07:58 AM
    The last three posts (yours and the two above) are a welcome breath of reason. I am singling yours out though to lend perhaps, a slightly different perspective.

Honestly, I have often questioned why I even bother to enter the "I'm leaving...." threads. They almost always are irrational, churlish, inane posts that have little bearing on reality. But, I do enter them, and I often post in them. Why? Because, right or wrong, I often see posts that compel me to try and offer another voice of reason to the few that also post. To me it's like a wildfire. People read some of these threads and then go off believing and quoting them and, like a fire, it's soon spread as "truth" throughout the forums. I hold no fantasy that anything I say actually helps provide a balance, or even that anyone really cares. So, let's just say I'm here for my own entertainment. For the record, I cruise many posts that have nothing to do with my Storm 2. I read stuff in the Bold and Curve threads all the time (ok, I may skip over the Pearl threads, lol).

I also am not blinded by the light, thinking that my Storm 2 is all things great. It's a tool, a tool that offers some useful features and lacks certain other features (or, does not do them well). It is my tool though, selected after careful consideration and is a choice I do not regret. I fully realize that there are many useful tools out there, some of which do some things better and other things not as well and a few that do most all things better. That does not mean though, that they would do it better for me. And, since it's my money,my usage and my needs that are the issue, I reserve the right to choose whichever device I think will best fit the bill. Others may have different requirements or likes/dislikes and, hopefully, they'll make the right choice for their needs. BUT, not everyone does. They make a choice after, debatably, a similarly well researched investigation. Ultimately, they regret their choice. That's fine, we've all done it before in our lives. But, a normal, intelligent, mature reaction is to not blame the device for all the social ills in the world, to not blame the device for being a "POS" (since there are a bazillion users who seem perfectly fine with the same device) and to not act as though RIM is some sort of miscreant who is raping, pillaging and plundering the earth and that anyone who remains affiliated with them deserves to be water tortured.

Those threads do not ruin my day. Heck, when I have something better to do, then I'm not on here at all, so this is not the highlight of my day. It provides me a modicum of entertainment value when I see so called "adults" acting like my 10 year old neice, a reminder of, and insight to, the idea that cavemen still roam the earth.

Oh trust me I agree. Like I said in my post I have no problem with the Storm. I love mine. I'm just really intrigued by the EVO plus my bill is probably playing more of a factor then the phone itself. But you got to admit some of the people that respond to these "I'm leaving the Storm" threads act like seeing the thread just ruins their day. They almost take it personal. I'm like this is a message board. There is no way in **** i'm going to be overly sensitive to what somebody says on here and start attacking the OP because he made the thread. I probably won't even click on the thread. Some of the people that make these threads though do down people that like the Storm which is dumb also. Its all about what you like. Everybody is going to be different.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-23-10 at 01:05 PM.
    06-23-10 01:02 PM
    Posts 56-58: well done, gentlemen! Thoughtful posts! Beats the heck out of reading the "my dad can beat up your dad" posts we see in most of the "I'm leaving" threads.
    06-23-10 01:51 PM
    Hey, wait a sec...let's not get carried away man....Can you just FEEL the love here? LOL.

Posts 56-58: well done, gentlemen! Thoughtful posts! Beats the heck out of reading the "my dad can beat up your dad" posts we see in most of the "I'm leaving" threads.
    06-23-10 02:00 PM
    Hey, wait a sec...let's not get carried away man....Can you just FEEL the love here? LOL.
    HAHA! I wasn't trying to get mushy! I just figured a bit of positive recognition for posts well done might be nice. ( I had to remove my curmudgeon hat momentarily)
    06-23-10 02:13 PM
    I've been down this road already.
    Here's my experience and the feedback I received.

Anybody thinking about getting the Incredible should read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bou...-storm-478078/
    06-23-10 02:29 PM
    I've been down this road already.
    Here's my experience and the feedback I received.

Anybody thinking about getting the Incredible should read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bou...-storm-478078/
    I was with you all the way except for the " Storm (as horrible a phone that it is)" comment. I think that's an inaccurate description UNLESS you meant the original Storm, which had it's share of issues--both hardware and OS (anyone care to use .75 again? LOL! )
    06-23-10 03:08 PM
    I switched from a Storm to a Droid last fall. I was given the choice between the Storm 2 and Droid upgrade. I found the Droid and now the Incredible and other devices significantly better than the BBs for many reasons:

- The Droids are much more responsive
    - Customizable screens with excellent widgets
    - Many more apps. Better app store. App prices are a fraction of that on BB
    - Moto Droid has better reception
    - No click screen problems with the Droids
    - Full IMAP GMail. I was surprised that the email experience is better with Android.
    - Notifications are best in class.
    - Only need to reboot every few weeks. Reboots only take 1 minute instead of 5.
    - Much much better web browser
    - Built in GPS and turn by turn voice NAV. It has replaced my Garmin Nuvi!
    - Excellent search and voice search and integration with other apps like GPS, contacts, web
    - Real time sync with Google calendar, contacts, ets.
    - I have never had to plug in my Droid to sync!
    The list is almost endless.

My wife has a BB Tour and I hate using it because it is so archaic and user unfriendly.
    06-23-10 03:47 PM
    My comments in RED.

I switched from a Storm to a Droid last fall. I was given the choice between the Storm 2 and Droid upgrade. I found the Droid and now the Incredible and other devices significantly better than the BBs for many reasons:

- The Droids are much more responsive : Storm 2 is equally responsive
    - Customizable screens with excellent widgets: Limited widgets on Storm but endless customization is available.
    - Many more apps. Better app store. App prices are a fraction of that on BB: Android has greater number of apps. The number of Apps on BB platform does the job albiet more expensive.
    - Moto Droid has better reception: RIM BB phones are one of the best phones as far as call quality and reception goes.
    - No click screen problems with the Droids: Droid has no SurePress, so click ing does on it. It is a touch only device.
    - Full IMAP GMail. I was surprised that the email experience is better with Android. Ok Gmail is better on Android. How about other mail ecosystem. Advantage RIM OS.
    - Notifications are best in class. : With all the customizable LED how can you compare notification on Storm to Droid?
    - Only need to reboot every few weeks. Reboots only take 1 minute instead of 5. : Reboot on Storm is only after installing certain apps.
    - Much much better web browser : Advantage Android, no doubt about that.
    - Built in GPS and turn by turn voice NAV. It has replaced my Garmin Nuvi! : Advantage Android
    - Excellent search and voice search and integration with other apps like GPS, contacts, web : Search on Storm is equally good. No voice search integrate in the OS but there is an app for that.
    - Real time sync with Google calendar, contacts, ets.: Sync happens on RIM effectively too.
    - I have never had to plug in my Droid to sync!: I never have to plug in Storm 2 to sync neither
    The list is almost endless. : Bring it on!!!

My wife has a BB Tour and I hate using it because it is so archaic and user unfriendly.
    Anyway, enjoy your Moto Droid. The new Droid X just launched. Go grab one. LOL. Storm 2 was launched Nov 2009, Moto Droid Dec 2009, Droid X July 2010. Storm 3 is awaited, we'll see.
    06-23-10 04:44 PM

- The Droids are much more responsive
    - Customizable screens with excellent widgets
    - Many more apps. Better app store. App prices are a fraction of that on BB
    - Moto Droid has better reception
    - No click screen problems with the Droids
    - Full IMAP GMail. I was surprised that the email experience is better with Android.
    - Notifications are best in class.
    - Only need to reboot every few weeks. Reboots only take 1 minute instead of 5.
    - Much much better web browser
    - Built in GPS and turn by turn voice NAV. It has replaced my Garmin Nuvi!
    - Excellent search and voice search and integration with other apps like GPS, contacts, web
    - Real time sync with Google calendar, contacts, ets.
    - I have never had to plug in my Droid to sync!
    The list is almost endless.

Your droid is now obsolete. The new sheriff is Droid X.
    06-23-10 06:15 PM
    Your droid is now obsolete. The new sheriff is Droid X.
    If the Droid is obsolete then why is it getting 2. 2 next month?
    06-23-10 06:56 PM
    wow...

figures that there would be a bunch of "hater" responses for a post like this.
    I think you guys need to wake up and smell the roses: the HTC Incredible blows any Blackberry out of the water, NO DOUBT.

It is FAR superior. I have had a Storm and am currently waiting on my Incredible to be shipped in (be here in couple days, can't wait) and cannot wait to drop my POS Storm for the Incredible.

I went to a Verizon store and used the Storm 2 to give it a chance and see any "improvements" ... right after I played with it I used the Incredible and it was a WAAYY better experience.

People should be open to more phones, not just Blackberries.
    Face it, Blackberries are getting to the point where they are becoming a little obsolete to these new devices coming out.

Just my opinion, but some people will agree.
    I couldnt agree more. Wish the incredible wasnt so expensive still... but it BLOWS DOORS on any BB. Wake up RIM
    06-23-10 07:08 PM
    and I hate using it because it is so archaic and user unfriendly.
    YES YES YES. Perfectly said.
    06-23-10 07:10 PM
    There's nothing wrong with anyone getting a Droid...there are a number of great smartphones out there. But why do you want to post about it here on this BB forum. This is a place where people who like their BB (or want to figure out how to resolve a problem) come. It's like going to a Ford forum and saying that Chevy is better. You may feel that way, but the Ford owners aren't interested. We just want to talk BB stuff here on this BB forum.

And who is this TheOne01 dude, and why is he always lurking around waiting to trash BB. Wouldn't your time be better spent on the Droid forums?
    06-23-10 07:15 PM
    And by the same token the Storm2 wouldn't be obsolete as it will be able to run OS6.

06-23-10 07:15 PM
    And by the same token the Storm2 wouldn't be obsolete as it will be able to run OS6.
    Correct and I never said the storm 2 would be obsolete.
    06-23-10 07:17 PM
    Hmmm....seems my use of the term "obsolete", given the context in which I used it, flew over your noggin.
    06-23-10 07:18 PM
    Hmmm....seems my use of the term "obsolete", given the context in which I used it, flew over your noggin.
    What is this I don't even
    06-23-10 07:22 PM
    What is this I don't even
    fail to complete your thought?
    06-23-10 07:23 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD