It may be better than the Storm, but I had no problems reading the screen on my S2, with my screen protector with polarized sunglasses with the sun beating directly on the screen.

I've seen those washed out screens in bright, direct sunlight, they are no fun.
    It's NOT better in bright light then the Storm--I've seen them both together, at 100% brightness. The storm is more readable.
    06-15-10 09:14 PM
    I am trying an Evo right now. I walked into the Sprint store and got one a week ago. They had them in stock in Greensboro, NC. Phone is really good but does get a little washed out screen in the sun light but not as bad as the Incredible which I thought I would get until I took it outside and compared it to the S2 screen.
    I am still up in the air about keeping it. I have had the Droid so it is not the software but the radio signal is nowhere as strong as the S2 nor is the wifi. I am not sure that an update will fix the issue or not but I got about 3 weeks to decide. Definitely, the price plan on Sprint are better and that is why I am trying it. I can get all 4 of my phones with everything on them for the same as one data and without except for texting. Sprint service is very good in my area and places I travel too now as they roam off Verizon so no need for big red.

I'm on the wait list at Sprint for the EVO 4G. If I can't get it I'll settle for the Incredible, but I don't want to. Here's why:

1. 4G, 4G, 4G...I have ClearWire and I've used it in Chicago & Vegas. Simply awesome!!! I can't imagine the 4G speeds on a device like my S2. Maybe in 2014?
    2. My Verizon Bill - It's totally out of hand. Sprint's CEO drives me nuts on those stupid commercials, but there are no hidden charges. $99 unlimited is $99 unlimited!! My verizon bill is anywhere from $125 to over $200 per month.
    3. Faster Processor - 1Ghz
    4. Open source - Tons of apps!! BB App World is still catching up to iPhone & they will never get there. Droid has done very well in a short time.
    5. Big A$$ Screen on EVO - it's awesome!
    6. Fast as **** phone - No waiting for screen flip or app loads.
    7. Flash!!! How is it Google got this working on the 1st try, 1st phone and Apple & BB haven't figured it out yet? Total BS!
    8. WHERE IS OS 6.0????? LEAK IT ALREADY AND SHUT ME UP!!!!

I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of upgrading every 2 weeks to a new hybrid hoping this phone will be close to Droid or iPhone OR just BETTER OVERALL. Having a Storm/BB has been counter-productive for the last 18 months and I'm ready to jump ship.

Who wants to buy my S2 with tons of extras and apps?

I'm out!
    06-15-10 09:21 PM
    I agree with that. Nothing on the market right now has a better screen than S2 in sunlight that I have seen.

It's NOT better in bright light then the Storm--I've seen them both together, at 100% brightness. The storm is more readable.
    06-15-10 09:22 PM
    I am clinging to my Storm 1 until a better touchscreen option surfaces on the horizon for VZW. Anyway, I just received the Droid Eris in the mail today so I could configure it and get everything setup for my mom. The device is one my mom ordered and wanted me to configure, but I do love the Android 2.1 software, it is flashy (supports flash too), visually appealing, relatively easy to use, etc.
    That being said, I love my Blackberry and have no intentions to defect. The DROID OS has a fair amount of lag, but I really did enjoy using it. Anyway, I tend to agree that the Incredible is a remarkable device, unfortunately I need a device with at least moderate battery life. The Incredible will flop simply because of the terrible battery life... Where are the nuclear batteries!? Or fuel cell batteries!? When those power sources make their way into the mobile market, devices will make leaps and bounds!
    06-15-10 09:24 PM
    Oh joy, another "I'm leaving......" thread. GEEZ, why do people feel so compelled to post this drivel? Go to the Android forums and tell them how happy you are to have an Android. Nobody here cares that you're leaving. Go and don't let the door hit you in the ........... ::sigh::
    06-15-10 09:27 PM
    Actually, I've compared them side-by-side and you're right...even in room light, the Incredible was not as bright as the Storm 2. It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't as bright, either.

Just further proof of the lies, rumors and drivel that are seemingly increasing here these days. I'm all for free speech, but never in my life have I so yearned for some censorship, lol.

06-15-10 09:29 PM
    You created an account on CrackBERRY and this is your first post? Hilarious...another troll.

Yep, people are entitled to their opinions and not everyone is going to agree (and that would be boring as **** should it happen). I don't think anyone is adverse to other brands/other phones. But the whole brand loyalty issue, claiming something else is a POS if it's anything other than their own device, is what riles up those who are; A. In posession of their faculties; B. Posess at least moderate intelligence; and, C. Are over the age of 12. iPhones, Androids, Windows, etc., all make some pretty neat devices. People need to stop harranging others who happen to have something different than what they do. I left that crap when I moved on from 8th grade.

wow...

figures that there would be a bunch of "hater" responses for a post like this.
    I think you guys need to wake up and smell the roses: the HTC Incredible blows any Blackberry out of the water, NO DOUBT.

It is FAR superior. I have had a Storm and am currently waiting on my Incredible to be shipped in (be here in couple days, can't wait) and cannot wait to drop my POS Storm for the Incredible.

I went to a Verizon store and used the Storm 2 to give it a chance and see any "improvements" ... right after I played with it I used the Incredible and it was a WAAYY better experience.

People should be open to more phones, not just Blackberries.
    Face it, Blackberries are getting to the point where they are becoming a little obsolete to these new devices coming out.

Just my opinion, but some people will agree.
    06-15-10 09:36 PM
    I am trying an Evo right now. I walked into the Sprint store and got one a week ago. They had them in stock in Greensboro, NC. Phone is really good but does get a little washed out screen in the sun light but not as bad as the Incredible which I thought I would get until I took it outside and compared it to the S2 screen.
    I am still up in the air about keeping it. I have had the Droid so it is not the software but the radio signal is nowhere as strong as the S2 nor is the wifi. I am not sure that an update will fix the issue or not but I got about 3 weeks to decide. Definitely, the price plan on Sprint are better and that is why I am trying it. I can get all 4 of my phones with everything on them for the same as one data and without except for texting. Sprint service is very good in my area and places I travel too now as they roam off Verizon so no need for big red.
    Thanks for the feedback. Please PM me & let me know how it works out for you. Good or bad. I'm in Chicago & I can't find an EVO anywhere. Even had my brother try KC where Sprints HQ is located. Nada.
    06-16-10 01:19 AM
    Oh joy, another "I'm leaving......" thread. GEEZ, why do people feel so compelled to post this drivel? Go to the Android forums and tell them how happy you are to have an Android. Nobody here cares that you're leaving. Go and don't let the door hit you in the ........... ::sigh::
    Dude, what is your problem?!! The post header says it all...."Giving up the Storm 2, etc, etc.." Don't like the content? Don't read it!! Go back to your 47th version of BB OS and laugh. Jeez!
    06-16-10 01:21 AM
    Yeah the threads are a little boring, but mainly due to lack of content. I don't mind seeing an "I'm Leaving For..." thread but I do want to hear WHY. I love tech (I'm an engineer) and I like to hear about whats new and what people think of it. I can't afford every new toy out there, so I get my thrills vicariously

The Android OS is a good one. I had the Motorola Droid for a couple weeks and liked most things about it (is was SMOKIN fast!), except the keyboard and email. And having to unlock it to answer a call - yuk. But email killed it and I went back to BB - got a Storm 2 and I love it. That does not mean the Droid was bad - it just didn't suit me.

By all accounts and press, the Incredible, despite the name, looks to be a nice phone. I can't wait to hear some user experiences.
    06-16-10 05:13 AM
    For the same reason that you felt compelled to reply with THIS drivel. "I really don't care that you're leaving, but let me respond to this thread to show you how much I don't care that you're leaving." In your mind, that makes sense
    06-16-10 05:44 AM
    [QUOTE=BlackBerryGeekeer;5125533]Im qaiting for the 6.0 OS to come out and maybe waiting on Storm 3. If I dont see any big changes its bye bye Blackberry.
    QUOTE]

Exactly!
    06-16-10 07:23 AM
    For the same reason that you felt compelled to reply with THIS drivel. "I really don't care that you're leaving, but let me respond to this thread to show you how much I don't care that you're leaving." In your mind, that makes sense
    It might behoove you to simply allow others to express their opinions without YOU ascribing to them any particular motivation(s).

Now back to our regularly scheduled arguments...
    06-16-10 10:15 AM
    It suddenly occured to me what exactly irritates me about the "I'm leaving" threads. It's not that the posters are leaving, because everyone needs a device that ultimately makes them happy. It's when they spit on the people that ARE happy is when I get annoyed.
    Mostly it's word selection: if someone said "I'm leaving because my device sucks." that's unfortunate but understandable. But when someone issues a blanket statement by using "the", it upsets people who have that device. When someone posts that the Storm2 is crap I get irritated because I have one and it's a great device, I have no urge (except for once) to even try any other device. I think that's really what gets more people to post replies than anything, not counting the people who just plain hate the redundancy of the leaving posts. Don't spit on my car and all that, if you know what I'm saying.
    06-16-10 10:15 AM
    Exactly, Genomos, and well said. I don't care if people leave. Heck, I think there are some terrific devices out there and what suits one person, may not suit another. To leave because Brand A did not work for you is one thing and nobody should feel any ill-will because someone found something else they like better. I simply feel insulted when someone implies that my own personal decision is somehow flawed because I make the choices I do and more often than not, the "I'm leaving" posts imply exactly that. In my life, I don't care if my friends drive Chevy or Ford or Toyota, wear red, blue or green shirts or drink Folgers or Peet's or Starbucks (well, okay, I do draw the line at Folgers). I don't denigrate them for their choices and I don't allow others to denigrate me for my own choices. I'm intelligent and mature enough to make wise decisions and conduct ample research ahead of time so that I feel comfortable that the choices I do make, I don't regret.

You know, as a photographer, I participate in photography forums and have done so for 10 years or more. Never, have I run across themes of the "I'm leaving" style. There are Nikon fans and Canon fans, as well as Fuji and all the others. We all have our preferences, our likes and dislikes, but we don't work to present to others, our disdain or dislike for the particular brand of equipment they choose to use. That's plain pointless and even rude. Sadly, that type of activity does not appear to be the case here.

And "TheOne" I read and make comments in these threads simply because I hope (I know, against all odds) that somewhere, somehow, someway, it just might occur to someone that the posts are not only redundant, they are also pointless and tiresome. Of course, you should know....but I digress. I read tons of threads here and for the most part, enjoy what I'm reading, learn a thing or two here and there and get to help people. I appreciate the permission to either read or ignore whatever threads I wish to, this is news to me. But, by the same token, that permission allows me to make my own comment.

It suddenly occured to me what exactly irritates me about the "I'm leaving" threads. It's not that the posters are leaving, because everyone needs a device that ultimately makes them happy. It's when they spit on the people that ARE happy is when I get annoyed.
    Mostly it's word selection: if someone said "I'm leaving because my device sucks." that's unfortunate but understandable. But when someone issues a blanket statement by using "the", it upsets people who have that device. When someone posts that the Storm2 is crap I get irritated because I have one and it's a great device, I have no urge (except for once) to even try any other device. I think that's really what gets more people to post replies than anything, not counting the people who just plain hate the redundancy of the leaving posts. Don't spit on my car and all that, if you know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 06-16-10 at 12:13 PM.
    06-16-10 12:06 PM
    I am also looking into the INC, so I find the disscussion of pros and cons and comparisions to be very informative. I'm a Storm 2 user (what an upgrade from the Storm 1) so I'm glad this was posted here rather than the Droid forum, which I would not look at.
    Don't be intimidated, if you love your Storm, love it but don't be afraid to have it compared to other devices.
    06-17-10 06:31 AM
    Your posts typically add nothing of value while managing to get warned from the mods st the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 06:56 AM
    Your posts typically add nothing of value while managing to get warned from the mods st the same time.

Your posts typically add nothing of value while managing to get warned from the mods at the same time. Sorry to say an exception was not made here.

That was so good that you had to post it twice. Oh wait, "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com". Nevermind.
    06-17-10 07:15 AM
    The incredible is such an ugly looking phone... Like all Android devices... If for nothing else, at least the Storm is sexy.

06-17-10 07:46 AM
    I can do that also. Can't believe I'm getting suckered into this trap.

That was so good that you had to post it twice. Oh wait, "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com". Nevermind.
    06-17-10 08:46 AM
    Yay i love going through the threads and seeing yet another post about someone switching. post it in a forum full of people who care, or dont post at all. i could care less what your switching to. i stick with my device because I like it. This forum is for people who feel that way.

go jump ship
    06-17-10 09:01 AM
    Ha! I like how you cleaned up that second post. Nice try though.
    06-17-10 10:36 PM
    I gave up Oscar Meyer for Boar's Head brand lunch meat. Best decision I've ever made.
    LOL! That's hilarious!

06-18-10 04:30 AM
    I'm on the wait list at Sprint for the EVO 4G. If I can't get it I'll settle for the Incredible, but I don't want to. Here's why:

1. 4G, 4G, 4G...I have ClearWire and I've used it in Chicago & Vegas. Simply awesome!!! I can't imagine the 4G speeds on a device like my S2. Maybe in 2014?
    2. My Verizon Bill - It's totally out of hand. Sprint's CEO drives me nuts on those stupid commercials, but there are no hidden charges. $99 unlimited is $99 unlimited!! My verizon bill is anywhere from $125 to over $200 per month.
    3. Faster Processor - 1Ghz
    4. Open source - Tons of apps!! BB App World is still catching up to iPhone & they will never get there. Droid has done very well in a short time.
    5. Big A$$ Screen on EVO - it's awesome!
    6. Fast as **** phone - No waiting for screen flip or app loads.
    7. Flash!!! How is it Google got this working on the 1st try, 1st phone and Apple & BB haven't figured it out yet? Total BS!
    8. WHERE IS OS 6.0????? LEAK IT ALREADY AND SHUT ME UP!!!!

I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of upgrading every 2 weeks to a new hybrid hoping this phone will be close to Droid or iPhone OR just BETTER OVERALL. Having a Storm/BB has been counter-productive for the last 18 months and I'm ready to jump ship.

Who wants to buy my S2 with tons of extras and apps?

I'm out!

LMAO! You are hilarious, but I feel the same way...will be posting by S2 for sale very soon, especially since T-mobile effed up my data...
    06-22-10 09:25 AM
    LMAO! You are hilarious, but I feel the same way...will be posting by S2 for sale very soon, especially since T-mobile effed up my data...
    I got my Evo last week and I've got 30 days to decide. I got exchange mail running, Gmail, full 2-way sync and all apps loaded in about 2 hours. The phone rocks, it's fast as **** and very intuitive. I'm using Swype for typing and I don't think I can go back now. Truly amazing app!!

Downsides to Evo in the last week?
    1. Horrible view when outside in sunlight. Brightness all the way up and you can barely see. Hopefully fixed in Android 2.2
    2. Battery life - Not good at all. But, found an app to kill dormant 'rogue' apps every hour, so now I'm all good.

No other complaints. The phone rocks! I'll save $40 per month on my bill too, even with the $10 4G access charges.
    06-22-10 12:15 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD