I have been a loyal Storm owner since it came out. I recently went to the Verizon store and was amazed when I saw the Droid Incredible by HTC. This this is far more advanced than the Storm2 and also far more advanced than Apple3gs. If storm 2 or even storm 3 when it comes out had all of the features and free apps that the incredible has i would never jump ship. I know the OS6 is coming out this summer but I don't think it will compare to the HTC and Android on the HTC Droid Incredible.

Has anyone else switched to the HTC Droid Incredible????
    05-16-10 08:40 PM
    It even supports flash on its fast Internet Browser. Love that!!!
    05-16-10 08:43 PM
    I know some people downplay this but you better take that puppy out in daylight and see if you can see the screen in direct daylight or sunlight. I could not next to S2. Other than that it is a great phone but I would like to see the screen to dial! LOL
    05-16-10 08:45 PM
    I plan on switching soon...My Blackberry Storm is a POS compared to the HTC Incredible. I spent 2 hours at Verizon yesterday looking over the phone and using the voice commands...Wake up RIM or you will become a dinosaur like PALM...ANd this is coming from a loyal Blackberry user...Blackberry makes so many promises that they never deliver...I wished their phones worked as cool as they look...
    05-16-10 08:46 PM
    Thanks for letting us know. Maybe you should have posted this in the Droid forum. Unless you like being received as....... well you know.
    05-16-10 08:55 PM
    This thread is new and refreshing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 09:01 PM

Apparently the search function on your amazing new browser is broken. I would take it back and have it looked at.
    05-16-10 10:11 PM
    Im qaiting for the 6.0 OS to come out and maybe waiting on Storm 3. If I dont see any big changes its bye bye Blackberry.

I mean I love the way the Storm is, but I have to have a device that fast and don't lag and have some up to date features and a plus 5 Megapixel camera..

All I ask is for a faster browser and no lag OS and a 5 megapixel or more camera.
    05-16-10 10:34 PM
    Im qaiting for the 6.0 OS to come out and maybe waiting on Storm 3. If I dont see any big changes its bye bye Blackberry.

I mean I love the way the Storm is, but I have to have a device that fast and don't lag and have some up to date features and a plus 5 Megapixel camera..

All I ask is for a faster browser and no lag OS and a 5 megapixel or more camera.
    Haha, cpugeek4u...
    05-16-10 10:38 PM
    You would have gotten a better response posting this in the Droid forum. Search before you post this ****.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:51 PM
    wow...

figures that there would be a bunch of "hater" responses for a post like this.
    I think you guys need to wake up and smell the roses: the HTC Incredible blows any Blackberry out of the water, NO DOUBT.

It is FAR superior. I have had a Storm and am currently waiting on my Incredible to be shipped in (be here in couple days, can't wait) and cannot wait to drop my POS Storm for the Incredible.

I went to a Verizon store and used the Storm 2 to give it a chance and see any "improvements" ... right after I played with it I used the Incredible and it was a WAAYY better experience.

People should be open to more phones, not just Blackberries.
    Face it, Blackberries are getting to the point where they are becoming a little obsolete to these new devices coming out.

Just my opinion, but some people will agree.
    06-15-10 09:14 AM
    I'd rather hear from Storm owners that switched to the DROID than DROID owners who have had nothing before.
    What's with the negative responses? Pretty shallow.........pretty shallow.
    06-15-10 09:23 AM
    I'd rather hear from Storm owners that switched to the DROID than DROID owners who have had nothing before.
    What's with the negative responses? Pretty shallow.........pretty shallow.
    Yeah, why are there so many negative responses?

I mean, it's not like we have people coming into the Storm 2 forum, full of people Reasonably to Completely Satisified with their phone, to tell them that they are stupid, blind, using archaic technology, enjoying a piece of sh*t device, fanboys, and need to get with the times.

It's not like we have people comparing a phone that is 9 months old with one that hasn't come out yet (iPhone 4) or one that has been out a month or a week (Incredible / Evo). It's not like we have people telling us that BlackBerry 6 and the new browser will be terrible, before it's already out.

It's not like people are coming into our forum to tell us why we're stupid, when there's a whole forum of people ready to play 'Yes Men', instead of a forum for Storm 2 users, who SURPRISE don't like being told we're stupid for being happy.

Yeah, why on earth would we be responding with negativity. It's not like we get these threads a few times every damn day that someone thinks we care that they switched phones.

Good luck with your new phone. Put your insecurity and pride stroking aside and enjoy it and let me enjoy my phone. (Yeah, that's an assumption. Why else come to our playground and criticize us?)
    06-15-10 10:02 AM
    again with this nonsense?
    06-15-10 10:12 AM
    I gave up Oscar Meyer for Boar's Head brand lunch meat. Best decision I've ever made.
    06-15-10 10:13 AM
    I went to a Verizon store and used the Storm 2 to give it a chance and see any "improvements" ... right after I played with it I used the Incredible and it was a WAAYY better experience.
    For me, anything other than a Blackberry seems like a step backward. I'm not an expert, but based on my reading on Incredible (and other Android based phones), I don't have the flexibility I do with BB in regards to my Calendar (in Outlook), Contacts (in Outlook) or my POP3 email accounts (gawd do I hate web based email - like Gmail). I suddenly become what appears to be severely limited and constrained to GMail/Google as primary email. I guess I'm not ready yet to make that commitment to Google.

If it's "play" that you want then I guess Incredible makes a better toy. Until I can find a way to get the Android based phones to work with my needs for contact, chat and email, I'm not giving them much consideration.
    06-15-10 10:14 AM
    I gave up Oscar Meyer for Boar's Head brand lunch meat. Best decision I've ever made.
    Be sure to let us know if you switch back to Oscar Meyer!!!
    06-15-10 10:15 AM
    Shallow.................................. from both sides of this 'argument'.

The original poster had a legitimate question. I have no problems with it. I do have problems with being negative both ways though. It accomplishes nothing.
    06-15-10 10:51 AM
    I know some people downplay this but you better take that puppy out in daylight and see if you can see the screen in direct daylight or sunlight. I could not next to S2. Other than that it is a great phone but I would like to see the screen to dial! LOL
    i have the incredible now and in sunlight its not bad at all... i was hesitant at first because im outdoors quite a bit and there's quite a bit of sun where i live as well, but its pretty good. i kind of had a hard time with my storm in direct sunlight and if anything, its better than the storm under direct sunlight.
    06-15-10 10:55 AM
    i kind of had a hard time with my storm in direct sunlight and if anything, its better than the storm under direct sunlight.
    I saw the incredible the day it was released. I call BS. (no offense)
    06-15-10 11:32 AM
    Yeah, why are there so many negative responses?

I mean, it's not like we have people coming into the Storm 2 forum, full of people Reasonably to Completely Satisified with their phone, to tell them that they are stupid, blind, using archaic technology, enjoying a piece of sh*t device, fanboys, and need to get with the times.

It's not like we have people comparing a phone that is 9 months old with one that hasn't come out yet (iPhone 4) or one that has been out a month or a week (Incredible / Evo). It's not like we have people telling us that BlackBerry 6 and the new browser will be terrible, before it's already out.

It's not like people are coming into our forum to tell us why we're stupid, when there's a whole forum of people ready to play 'Yes Men', instead of a forum for Storm 2 users, who SURPRISE don't like being told we're stupid for being happy.

Yeah, why on earth would we be responding with negativity. It's not like we get these threads a few times every damn day that someone thinks we care that they switched phones.

Good luck with your new phone. Put your insecurity and pride stroking aside and enjoy it and let me enjoy my phone. (Yeah, that's an assumption. Why else come to our playground and criticize us?)
    x2....and again..its another one with short attention span..always looking for the bigger, brighter, shinier item that catches there eye..they are never satisfied...always easily distracted.
    06-15-10 11:52 AM
    XXI

I have had my Storm 1 9530 for over a year and i even used it in Germany. I really like it however like you I am also considering the Incredible. Why?
    1. APP memory is causing problems-slowness, the "wait a minute" clock, having to do battery pulls (Quick Pull). I have used hybrids i am now using 5.0.0.608 (Platform 4.2.0.179) and i have shrunk my OS but to no avail. Personally i should not have to use them (RIM should provide the OS) but hybrids make using the Storm better.
    2. Slow browser-though Opera Mini is faster
    3. No WiFi
    4. sometimes the Storm freezes for no reason (or no apparent reason)
    I have a lot of things about the Storm that I like too many to list here are a few.
    1. BBM
    2. Great call quality-even with BT headsets
    3. easy for me to use
    4. e-mail, contacts and calendar easy to use and modify

Anyway- I want to switch because of the Incredible has a faster processor, browser, is more versatile that the Storm and looking at the Apps available is a better fit for me than the Storm I. Anyway-try the Incredible for 30 days and see if it is performs like you need.
    06-15-10 12:14 PM
    But now singing the Oscar Meyer song while you eat just won't seem right...
    Last edited by genomos; 06-15-10 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Opera Mini fail.
    06-15-10 08:07 PM
    i have the incredible now and in sunlight its not bad at all... i was hesitant at first because im outdoors quite a bit and there's quite a bit of sun where i live as well, but its pretty good. i kind of had a hard time with my storm in direct sunlight and if anything, its better than the storm under direct sunlight.
    It may be better than the Storm, but I had no problems reading the screen on my S2, with my screen protector with polarized sunglasses with the sun beating directly on the screen.

I've seen those washed out screens in bright, direct sunlight, they are no fun.
    06-15-10 08:16 PM
    I'm on the wait list at Sprint for the EVO 4G. If I can't get it I'll settle for the Incredible, but I don't want to. Here's why:

1. 4G, 4G, 4G...I have ClearWire and I've used it in Chicago & Vegas. Simply awesome!!! I can't imagine the 4G speeds on a device like my S2. Maybe in 2014?
    2. My Verizon Bill - It's totally out of hand. Sprint's CEO drives me nuts on those stupid commercials, but there are no hidden charges. $99 unlimited is $99 unlimited!! My verizon bill is anywhere from $125 to over $200 per month.
    3. Faster Processor - 1Ghz
    4. Open source - Tons of apps!! BB App World is still catching up to iPhone & they will never get there. Droid has done very well in a short time.
    5. Big A$$ Screen on EVO - it's awesome!
    6. Fast as **** phone - No waiting for screen flip or app loads.
    7. Flash!!! How is it Google got this working on the 1st try, 1st phone and Apple & BB haven't figured it out yet? Total BS!
    8. WHERE IS OS 6.0????? LEAK IT ALREADY AND SHUT ME UP!!!!

I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of upgrading every 2 weeks to a new hybrid hoping this phone will be close to Droid or iPhone OR just BETTER OVERALL. Having a Storm/BB has been counter-productive for the last 18 months and I'm ready to jump ship.

Who wants to buy my S2 with tons of extras and apps?

I'm out!
    06-15-10 09:11 PM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD