Encountered a gentleman today with a "tape with a 2 next to it" referring to I believe the voicemail icon on his storm.
    called and left short VM that he deleted, did OTA and soft reset, tried leaving other VM and had him wait until end and press * to exit. removed and re-added VVM feature with phone off then had re-installed VVM.

The only other thing that I can think of to try would be a hard reset, but of course it wasn't backed up or something or other.

Anyone encountered this or know a fix for it for the next time I have the issue? I would like to be able to fix the problem without having to go through 10 things that don't work and require a reset that will just aggravate the customer more.
    01-27-09 02:01 AM
    Encountered a gentleman today with a "tape with a 2 next to it" referring to I believe the voicemail icon on his storm.
    called and left short VM that he deleted, did OTA and soft reset, tried leaving other VM and had him wait until end and press * to exit. removed and re-added VVM feature with phone off then had re-installed VVM.

The only other thing that I can think of to try would be a hard reset, but of course it wasn't backed up or something or other.

Anyone encountered this or know a fix for it for the next time I have the issue? I would like to be able to fix the problem without having to go through 10 things that don't work and require a reset that will just aggravate the customer more.
    I'm in the UK and have two lines on one sim card. One for personal one for work.
    When I get a voicemail on my "line 2" I get this kind of notification....
    Any chance it could be a similar thing?
    Other than that leave a message for him and have hime retrieve and delete it... (Think you tried this?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:59 AM
    I just had my issue resolved by Verizon. I had read somewhere that the voicemail icon gets stuck if you have a voicemail on your phone when you install VVM. I had VZW uninstall VVM from my line and that erased the ghost icon. I then readded VVM and problem solved.
    03-05-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD