This one is strange. I applied my ghost armor properly let it sit for three hours before turning my phone back on and everything worked fine. However eleven hours after that only part of my touchscree would work. After removing the screen protector everything went back to normal. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
    12-03-08 12:56 AM
    Have you tried increasing your screen sensitivity? After applying mine it had a little trouble detecting my touch. Try options, Screen/keyboard options, scroll down to the bottom to Touch Sensitivity and and change it to 4 or higher if you can. If you can't even get to that screen, then just revert back to .65 from your Verison disk. It should reserve your settings, and change it to 6. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Evipen; 12-03-08 at 02:13 AM.
    12-03-08 01:25 AM
    That sucks.
    12-03-08 01:29 AM
    Its been set to six since I got my phone. Its really odd that my ghost armor was on for 14 hours before I had a problem
    12-03-08 02:26 AM
    Take it off
    The screen is glass, no worries about scratching
    Just put a rubber case on the edges
    12-03-08 02:28 AM
    Oh, I have. I can still use the body armor though, so that's good.
    12-03-08 02:47 AM
    I'm putting on a replacement vzw screen protector when I get home from work.
    12-03-08 02:58 AM
    When my VZW store gets some storms in stock I'm going to go in and get a warantee replacement anyways, the click is a little off around the edges and for some reason I've always had a little dead zone around the center of my screen where it seems like the touchscreen isn't picking up that I'm touching that spot.
    12-03-08 06:55 AM
    FWIW I installed GA a couple of days ago and have had ZERO issues with the screen sensitivity. Don't know if you got a bad piece of plastic from GA but it's probably worth contacting them over. I already had my sensitivity turned all the way up so maybe that's why I haven't had issues?
    12-03-08 07:07 AM
    I applied Ghost Armor to my Storm. Left the battery out and let it dry overnight. No problems at all. Looks great. No orange peel.

As for the touchscreen, I noticed no difference whatsoever with the Ghost Armor applied. It's just as responsive as before.
    12-03-08 07:07 AM
    It's got a warantee for a reason I'm going to wait till I get another storm and try again later I guess. This is in no way a "ghost armor sucks" thread. Just that was the strangest problem ever. I wonder if it might have something to do with climate conditions at work, though I doubt that.
    12-03-08 07:14 AM
    that is not true, glass can scratch very easily.

i wouldn't say "easily" it does scratch but its not even close to as bad as previous screen's

I had my iPhone rubber skin no protector for a year and a half no scratches what so ever with keys in the pocket's and everything...

so I wouldn't call it "easy"
    12-03-08 07:14 AM
    So what are you going to do with your current ghost armor? Once you peel it off, is it no good anymore?

I have a less than clicky screen and I'm going to exchange it for a new storm... but I've already installed my GA. I'm guessing I'll need to buy another set of GA.
    12-03-08 08:44 AM
    So what are you going to do with your current ghost armor? Once you peel it off, is it no good anymore?

I have a less than clicky screen and I'm going to exchange it for a new storm... but I've already installed my GA. I'm guessing I'll need to buy another set of GA.
    It is apparently no good anymore. However, the GA rep that was in another thread said that if you sent them back your peeled-off GA they would send you a new one for free for your replacement phone. I haven't heard of anyone actually doing it but the guy sounded like it was no issue. FYI.
    12-03-08 08:49 AM
    I was just going to say that. The lifetime warantee states if you have to take it off for ANY reason, you can send it back and get a new one sent to you.
    12-03-08 12:27 PM
  16. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    That is absolutley correct it doesn't matter what the reason is just send it in and we will send you a new one.
    12-03-08 01:42 PM
    Ah, the man I wanted to see a response from. I work in a high temp, high humidity area. Could that have caused a problem that far into having my Ghost Armor applied? I didn't go into work until WELL after it had been on, 8 hours.
    12-03-08 01:45 PM
  18. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    Its highly unlikely that had anything to do with it. If that was the case we would of heard of the problem prior to this. Sometimes things go wrong thats just the nature of owning a device such as a storm, iphone etc.

Try it again and if the second go around and the same thing happens then obviously it has to do with the installation of the Ghost Armor. Keep me posted as to what happens on the second installation. You can PM me if you like also Have a happy holidays
    12-03-08 06:30 PM
    That is absolutley correct it doesn't matter what the reason is just send it in and we will send you a new one.
    Outstanding customer service.
    12-03-08 08:27 PM
    So it seems like it is a matter of opinion when it comes to which protector is best, but there has to be one that has the least amount of orange peel effect, right? Does anyone know from personal experience which protector has the least orange peel? Also, I was wondering if when you put these skins on if around the edges gets wrinkly and peels off alittle. Im getting my storm next week and am definitely gonna be buying one of these skinz, thanks for the help! Also, Ive read a few people that are having problems with the click screen not clicking at some areas, alot of people have been solving this by folding a small piece of paper in half and putting it behind their storms battery, there is a youtube video about it: youtube.com/watch?v=Jdw2tKk4l5I
    12-04-08 02:56 PM
    ive got mine at 6 even with no screen protector. all these horror stories im hearing about bse like skins(the helicoptor blade stuff/3m paint protector stuff) is making me only want to install my body skin.
    12-07-08 02:50 AM
    someone post a link to that vid where someone takes a knife to their unprotected screen and no scratches. I currently have a full body ghost armor installed and debating taking the screen off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 03:18 AM
    glass is weird though. i have seen people take knifes to it and keys, etc and no scratches. and then someone cleans the screen with just a rag with some dirt or debris on it and boom its scratched.

is it possible that you turned it on too early and it got wet and then once you took it off it had dried?
    12-07-08 03:35 AM
    My iphone glass got fine/ hairline scratches on it.

I even listed that on my ebay sale of the phone.
    12-07-08 03:47 AM
    Outstanding customer service.
    So far I would have to disagree about the customer service (just in my case). I received my Ghost Armor on Saturday but didn't open it until Sunday night. I noticed that the package was extremely damaged (not GA's fault but probably USPS). The package was missing the squeegee and the application solution (WHOOPS).

I went to GA's website and went to "Contact Us" and dropped them a message detailing what happened and requested them to respond to my email address and send me the two missing pieces. I sent it to them Sunday night so I didn't expect them to respond to me right away. But when they didn't get back to me this afternoon (at least a response) I sent them another one. Granted they're on the West Coast and I'm on the East coast so maybe I'm just being impatient =)
    12-08-08 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD