There are a lot of threads on this subject so perhaps I should not start another...but decided that the subject had enough attention to warrant one more, so I started another--sorry.

Here is the procedure I used (first time I ever installed this type of material).

It took me about 90 minutes to apply the full armor (must have been 16 different pieces). It is difficult to get some of the pieces in their proper place (especially the ones for the long narrow chrome edge pieces), but I'm a pretty patient guy and eventually got it as perfect as possible. I have read that some folks skipped the chrome covering strips, but that has always been one of the areas my phone gets "dinged up", so I really wanted these on my Storm.

I washed my hands several times during the process (perhaps I am too miticulous).

I used a tee shirt that appeared to be pretty lint free. I put the phone on the tee shirt and occasionally, I would wrap a piece of the tee shirt around the phone and carefully hold it in place to soak up some of the liquid. Note: I didn't use a lot of the liquid that was supplied (I would guess that I only used about 20% of the bottle). I would say that very little liquid got into the screen edges.

The phone was turned off during the process, but I accidentally pushed the start button and it turned on during the process. It appreared to turn on OK, but I quickly turned it back off and left it off for about 12 hours after the install. I would take out the battery next time to prevent accidental start up.

It really looked bad when I was done. It had a very cloudy/splotchy appearance and it looked like there were a lot of air bubbles--I thought I did a bad job, but as the instructions state, it takes up to 24 hrs. for it to clear up--AND IT DID.

About 12 hours after the install, it appeared like there were three small (but very noticable) bubbles on the screen. These slowly disappeared between the 12-24 hour period after the install.

It is now completely invisable!! And I do not notice any change whatsoever in screen sensitivity.

I hope this helps and sorry for all the detail.

This material is amazing--I highly recommend it!!!!!
    11-26-08 08:51 AM
    GA and PHONE are currently being shipped�I hope to report the same.
    11-26-08 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the input!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 10:29 AM
  4. Ghost Armor Customer Service's Avatar
    Awesome story! Good Job HHC5
    11-26-08 01:53 PM
    Thanks Eric, it's a great product!!!!!!
    11-27-08 06:59 AM
    No battery pull? seems like saving 5min. on reboot is worth not killing your phone.
    11-27-08 07:25 AM
    Good post. I have had a similarly fantastic result with my Ghost Armor installation.

For those still to install be sure to remove the battery and use plenty of solution. A little liquid itself won't harm the phone as long as you give the phone plenty of time to let that liquid evaporate before reinserting the battery.
    11-27-08 09:35 AM
    Good post. I have had a similarly fantastic result with my Ghost Armor installation.

For those still to install be sure to remove the battery and use plenty of solution. A little liquid itself won't harm the phone as long as you give the phone plenty of time to let that liquid evaporate before reinserting the battery.
    QUESTION: If we remove the battery, do we lose our Contact list and other settings? Thanks.
    11-27-08 09:52 AM
    QUESTION: If we remove the battery, do we lose our Contact list and other settings? Thanks.
    No, your contacts/settings are safely kept in non-volatile memory.
    11-27-08 09:57 AM
    Same thing happened with my GA, it looked like total crap after the install but when I woke up this morning everything was crystal clear. I highly recommend GA to anyone.
    11-27-08 10:00 AM
    how long did shipping take?
    11-27-08 10:08 AM
    how long did shipping take?
    Ordered it on the 21st, got it yesterday via USPS...
    11-27-08 10:26 AM
    I installed pretty much painlessly in about 40 minutes. Thing is, I got a small bubble at the top and at the bottom of the screen. I caught it after maybe 10 minutes of putting it on. I tried to sort of wet the squeegee and sort of "walk" the bubble out of there by pushing it gradually outwards. it worked for the most part but there are now several smaller bubbles along that trail, which I think will disappear.

The one at the bottom of the screen simply disappeared altogether.
    11-27-08 10:47 AM
    I did the pre-order (saved 20%) around Nov 15 (there was a built in delay and it shipped on Nov 21 and it arrived Nov 24).
    11-28-08 07:38 AM
    How long do they say you should wait after installing it to use your phone?
    11-28-08 08:16 AM
    The GA instructions say 2 hours before you power on, but others have said to wait 12 hours. The real answer depends on how much liquid you use and how much flows around the edge of the screen.

I installed mine in the evening, so it was real easy to leave it off for almost 12hours (I don't think I needed to wait that long, but why not be extra safe).
    11-28-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD