I have been around these forums for a while now and have yet to find or see anyone make mention of the OEM pictures other than removing them. Well I like the sample pictures as they are fairly sharp and present very well when in a business situation. I wanted them removed from the app memory where they were locked to and move them over to the memory card. I finally figured out how to get it done and I am going to share my results with the rest of the community. The images are the same 15 original images that came with the Storm 9530 from verizon. I do not have the verizon logo and didn't go through the effort since that is the one background that I can't find embedded in the OS at this time. Besides there are plenty of them available from one of the graphics designers that is on this website. He does a very good job with his. I am sorry I can't remember his name right now.

To load these images onto you memory card:
    1. Right click on the image and select save link as.
    2. A save window will come up asking you where you want to save the image to as well as what you want to name it. (I have left the original names with each image for simplicity.) Pay attention to where the computer is saving the images as you will need to know this information later.
    3. Repeat the above steps for each image that you would like to put on the memory card.
    4. Connect your phone and turn on the mass storage mode.
    5. Open up the memory card (should be labeled BLACKBERRY2). You want to open to the pictures folder (blackberry>pictures). I created a folder in the pictures folder labeled wallpaper (for obvious reasons).
    6. Open the location that you stored the images on your PC.
    7. Select the first image that you would like to move, then hold down the Ctrl key and click on each additional image. (You will notice that each image that you click on will be highlighted)
    8. Right click on any one of the highlighted images and select copy.
    9. Go back over to the pictures folder on the memory card (or any subfolder within the pictures folder), right click and select paste from the menu.
    10. Go down to your taskbar and select the disconnect hardware and select the BLACKBERRY1, BLACKBERRY2 drives for disconnect.
    11. Open your media player.
    12. Select pictures.
    13. Select picture folders.
    14. If you created a specific folder for the images to be loaded into it will be there at this time. If you just dumped them into the pictures folder the images will be in that window.
    15. Open the image that you want for your background.
    16. Press the BB menu button and select Set As Home Screen Image.
    17. Enjoy.

Those looking for the Storm2 images can be found here: Storm2 images
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 01-17-10 at 04:15 PM.
    04-16-09 07:07 AM
    I wanted to put them all in a .zip file but to no availe the forum would not let me attach it. So I had to do it in 2 posts.

Sorry
    04-16-09 07:09 AM
    Very nice. I always wondered if there was a way to get the OEM images off the phone.
    Hammi R likes this.
    04-16-09 07:41 AM
    Very nice. I always wondered if there was a way to get the OEM images off the phone.
    It only took me 3 months to figure out that it was as simple as a screen capture.... LOL
    04-16-09 07:48 AM
    Hey awesome, thanks! I've been struggling between "Get these things out of my app memory" and "I like some of them" for a while now. I once tried to move them over to the media card with BBFileScout with no luck since they were "protected", I could only keep or remove them, not move them.
    04-16-09 08:05 AM
    Hey awesome, thanks! I've been struggling between "Get these things out of my app memory" and "I like some of them" for a while now. I once tried to move them over to the media card with BBFileScout with no luck since they were "protected", I could only keep or remove them, not move them.
    Now you can do both.
    04-16-09 09:36 PM
    Looks good g!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 03:42 AM
    I'm a newbie so a little patience is required....i think this post is real interesting and i would love to transfer the sample pictures to my media card...i don't however understand the first step...am i supposed to connect my bb to my computer first?? Because your first step states to right click on the image...when i connect to my pc and don't connect using desktop manager i can't see what's in the system folder, which is where the sample pictures are... I may just be misreading or confusing myself but i'm a little lost and would really appreciate the help....

thanks
    06-16-09 10:28 PM
    That would be right click on the images that are in my thread.
    06-17-09 05:29 AM
    Ok I understand all this and I have to wonder how you got the images to post here in the first place. Maybe I am missing something also, but how do you get rid of the pics that are locked in the sample folder? Do you use DM Add/Remove to remove the sample folder? I have no problem with loading the pics into a wallpaper folder on the sim card but then without removing the locked pics, one would have 2 copies of each pic in two different folders. Again, maybe I am having a brain freeze here but no where do you mention getting rid of the locked pics from the phones memory.

Also, when right clicking to save choose "Save traget as.." not "Save picture as..." because you'll get the thumbnail size pic using the later instead of the proper Storm sized pics.
    Last edited by Emtronics; 06-20-09 at 09:02 AM.
    06-20-09 08:48 AM
    Ok I understand all this and I have to wonder how you got the images to post here in the first place. Maybe I am missing something also, but how do you get rid of the pics that are locked in the sample folder? Do you use DM Add/Remove to remove the sample folder? I have no problem with loading the pics into a wallpaper folder on the sim card but then without removing the locked pics, one would have 2 copies of each pic in two different folders. Again, maybe I am having a brain freeze here but no where do you mention getting rid of the locked pics from the phones memory.
    I used a program to do a screen capture on each picture as they were opened up in media player. I didn't explain how to remove them because civic has a nice thread written up on how to remove the which can be found here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/
    06-20-09 08:58 AM
    Ok thanks for your explanation and nice job. I just now read "civic's" post and that does explain getting rid of the OEM pics.
    06-20-09 09:04 AM
    Holy Christ! After reading thru what civic says to do and then everyone else says to do and nothing seems to match what I have, I have decided to leave the pics alone. They aren't sucking up that much memory and it isn't worth bricking a phone over and then spending 2 hrs getting it back.
    06-20-09 09:45 AM
    Holy Christ! After reading thru what civic says to do and then everyone else says to do and nothing seems to match what I have, I have decided to leave the pics alone. They aren't sucking up that much memory and it isn't worth bricking a phone over and then spending 2 hrs getting it back.
    It isn't that hard. If you are loading a new OS onto your phone you can remove the pictures before loading. If you are removing them after the OS is on the phone then you can use BBfilescout to delete them one by one from the phones app memory. 5MB is an enormous amount of space on a blackberry.
    06-20-09 09:49 AM
    thanks for the post
    06-20-09 10:45 PM
    Thank you. I have been looking for the oem wallpapers for days.
    07-18-09 08:24 PM
    What app did you use to capture this image into png format?
    12-07-09 10:17 PM
    Storm 2 wallpapers.
    01-17-10 04:11 PM
    Last one.

10Char
    01-17-10 04:12 PM
    How do I move device pictures to the media card? Everything I do doesn't seem to work.
    02-14-10 09:57 PM
    Wonderful! Thank you for the idea. I'm jealous I didn't think of that.
    Here are the sample shots from my curve.
    (minus one for the maximum upload count. see next post for last one)
    08-10-10 04:50 PM
    Here's the last one.

re:
    "Wonderful! Thank you for the idea. I'm jealous I didn't think of that.
    Here are the sample shots from my curve.
    (minus one for the maximum upload count. see next post for last one)"
    08-10-10 04:52 PM
    thank you so much ive been looking so long for them
    Last edited by zach18; 11-28-10 at 09:48 PM.
    11-28-10 09:46 PM
    Hi whitegoodmen

Here is the solution you can try;

Use the Media application. Open Media select the Menu button and select Explore; Find the file you want to move, hit menu and select Move; Browse window that comes every time you want to transfer a file and then press menu and choose Move Here.

Best of luck!

--------
    12-03-10 04:34 AM
    I have been around these forums for a while now and have yet to find or see anyone make mention of the OEM pictures other than removing them. Well I like the sample pictures as they are fairly sharp and present very well when in a business situation. I wanted them removed from the app memory where they were locked to and move them over to the memory card. I finally figured out how to get it done and I am going to share my results with the rest of the community. The images are the same 15 original images that came with the Storm 9530 from verizon. I do not have the verizon logo and didn't go through the effort since that is the one background that I can't find embedded in the OS at this time. Besides there are plenty of them available from one of the graphics designers that is on this website. He does a very good job with his. I am sorry I can't remember his name right now.

To load these images onto you memory card:
    1. Right click on the image and select save link as.
    2. A save window will come up asking you where you want to save the image to as well as what you want to name it. (I have left the original names with each image for simplicity.) Pay attention to where the computer is saving the images as you will need to know this information later.
    3. Repeat the above steps for each image that you would like to put on the memory card.
    4. Connect your phone and turn on the mass storage mode.
    5. Open up the memory card (should be labeled BLACKBERRY2). You want to open to the pictures folder (blackberry>pictures). I created a folder in the pictures folder labeled wallpaper (for obvious reasons).
    6. Open the location that you stored the images on your PC.
    7. Select the first image that you would like to move, then hold down the Ctrl key and click on each additional image. (You will notice that each image that you click on will be highlighted)
    8. Right click on any one of the highlighted images and select copy.
    9. Go back over to the pictures folder on the memory card (or any subfolder within the pictures folder), right click and select paste from the menu.
    10. Go down to your taskbar and select the disconnect hardware and select the BLACKBERRY1, BLACKBERRY2 drives for disconnect.
    11. Open your media player.
    12. Select pictures.
    13. Select picture folders.
    14. If you created a specific folder for the images to be loaded into it will be there at this time. If you just dumped them into the pictures folder the images will be in that window.
    15. Open the image that you want for your background.
    16. Press the BB menu button and select Set As Home Screen Image.
    17. Enjoy.

Those looking for the Storm2 images can be found here: Storm2 images
    Thanks for posting this. When I copy the "passeges" image and get it on my blackberry it comes out pixelated. Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to get this onto my blackberry torch to use with berryweather.
    01-11-11 10:55 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD