I've heard people say here that RIM works for US and if they don't make the apps we want, what good are they? I'm starting to come around and think the exact same thing.

A sampling of what I've asked for and haven't gotten yet:

Air freshener app - tell me this wouldn't come in handy when you're at a girl's house for the evening and nature calls. I mean, c'mon.

Tire plug app - got a flat tire a few months back, if RIM were worth a damn, I wouldn't have had to put on that donut on the side of I-95.

A hand app - for when viewing questionable sites, a little help wouldn't hurt.

There's others, but you get the idea. I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous, I'm afraid it's high time for them to get their asses in gear or I'm outta here.
    02-07-09 06:51 PM
    really lame.
    02-07-09 07:48 PM
    ..was awesome and you know it.
    02-07-09 07:53 PM
    I was going to try to rate this post in several categories like style, effort and originality, but the gentlemanly thing to do would be to let it die a quiet death.

Hand app... dood. You need to learn to navigate with one and... make proper use of the other.
    02-07-09 08:10 PM
    1) Verizon, Rimm, Bolt, Opera-somebody please give us a browser that renders pages off of servers, not phones, quickly, and which supports flash, iframes, and has a cursor that works and can be used to click on boxes, links, whatever. Let's really have a full html browser. No, really. Safari does it. Why are Storm users given some such crap on a platter? It doesn't make sense. Nobody is happy with the browser(s) because it is all hit or miss. It is a major issue with your Storm phone. What are you folks doing about it?

2) Verizon, Rimm, forum posters-to whomever...thank you for posting OS leaks so the phone works better, so the camera works better, so the phone is closer to what we all expect based on previous phones we've owned and other issues are getting fine-tuned. It's just ridiculous for Verizon/Rimm to have tried to sell a phone with so many issues. I didn't sign on to hold your hands while you figure out how to get your Storm line to work. How many Storm owners are still out there who did not upgrade their OS and are growing beards waiting for the phone to take a picture? That's not right and it's not good business. If someone tried to sell you such a phone, would you take it in stride? I don't think so. Even a working phone like Iphone is seeing class action suits up the wazoo. You will too. it's like you planned for it, and begged for it...went out to the middle of the lake in an aluminum boat with aluminum paddles and stood up waving them in a lightning storm begging for a jolt. I want to be nice about this but what do you folks get paid for?

3)Verizon, Rimm-please...we would like to get past pulling our batteries out and putting them back in 30, 40, 50 plus times. Just give us a phone that works. You should have said that would be our lot in life. Maybe some of us would not have bought your product just now. We're paying you money for your phones. You need to start listening to us. When we start getting paid by you, believe us that most of us will start listening to you. Until then, start listening to us and hear us. Fix your Storm model, please!
    02-08-09 12:04 AM
    Storm definitely needs a thought entry channel for all the whiners and terminally helpless folks !

Doctor Neutron
    02-08-09 12:06 AM
    Wow dude I don't feel your pain at all, not even in the least bit. Bolt is blazing fast, firefox and opera all work well for me . I love the amount of apps I have on here already and I am loving messaging off it as well. I upgraded my software and it has been smooth sailing ever since. I love everything about this device and regret nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 12:10 AM
    Bolt may handle iframes but its cursor does not work (not talking about scrolling here). Opera and Firefox don't handle iframes. None handles flash. For me these things are limiting. For others, it may not matter at all. I guess you are lucky then you don't have to do a lot of battery pulls. When I add up the limitations I see that make a smart phone do very little of what I need it to do, count the battery pulls, and feel less than happy about the quality of function of the phone, then I post to the rant and rave section.

I'm sure other folks feel better about their phones. I am not one of them and I will keep reading posts to see if I can come up with a different view.
    02-08-09 12:20 AM
    Does everyone around start useless *****-fest threads?
    02-08-09 12:49 AM
    Finally.

This thread was but a joke, obviously, to some, a bad joke. No worries.

I've only been here for a few short weeks, and my point was to poke fun at those who freak out non-stop at their daily problems, ******** non-stop. Perhaps I should have come up with better faux app ideas, for that, I do apologize.

I dig my phone, very much. Do I have issues here and there? Of course I do. Search my posts, I'm looking for answers like everyone else.

People just need to relax a bit is all I'm saying.
    ----

A hand app would be awesome though. No?
    02-08-09 04:18 AM
    as long as the hand app has a towel app to clean up after you
    02-08-09 04:24 AM
    as long as the hand app has a towel app to clean up after you
    A BB spankerchief app. Nice work my friend.
    02-08-09 05:12 AM
    lol to those who actually thought he was serious.
    02-08-09 11:04 AM
    TheKc, Thanks for a little comic relief. Some people in the forums are so ready to jump on anyone with a decent argument or not.They go straight in combat mode. I found what you said funny, but was sadden how fast it all went to an all out flame war. Point blank the Storm has issues yes. I love my Storm yes! But I will admit it will get better. We have a chosen few here who always act like they must defend the Storm against any and every attack real or in their own mind. Thanks again for the laughs.
    02-08-09 03:05 PM
    You wouldn't need the "hand" app if you were out looking for a girlfriend instead of posting crap on here... lol
    02-08-09 03:08 PM
    EPIC FAIL ****** BAG
    02-08-09 03:48 PM
    WOW ^ Not even worth quoting.
    02-08-09 04:23 PM
    You wouldn't need the "hand" app if you were out looking for a girlfriend instead of posting crap on here... lol
    I find this post to be rather ironic.
    02-08-09 04:29 PM
    Finally.

This thread was but a joke, obviously, to some, a bad joke. No worries.

I've only been here for a few short weeks, and my point was to poke fun at those who freak out non-stop at their daily problems, ******** non-stop. Perhaps I should have come up with better faux app ideas, for that, I do apologize.

I dig my phone, very much. Do I have issues here and there? Of course I do. Search my posts, I'm looking for answers like everyone else.

People just need to relax a bit is all I'm saying.
    ----

A hand app would be awesome though. No?
    Still............
    Back away from the reefer. Exhale slowly and just walk away....
    But welcome my lucid friend.
    But baaaack away from the reefer.
    02-10-09 01:22 AM
    @thekC... I get that your post was meant to be humorous. I actually cracked up about changing a tire on I95....although thats what AAA is for.

As far as the post that followed yours; please know around here you cant make everyone laugh. Yours is definitely not the 1st of it's kind & wont be the last. It's common that people will post crude responses as opposed to just moving along.

I'll never understand why some folks feel the need to be so mean when they fail to get the point of a post.
    02-10-09 01:37 AM
    @thekC... I get that your post was meant to be humorous. I actually cracked up about changing a tire on I95....although thats what AAA is for.

As far as the post that followed yours; please know around here you cant make everyone laugh. Yours is definitely not the 1st of it's kind & wont be the last. It's common that people will post crude responses as opposed to just moving along.

I'll never understand why some folks feel the need to be so mean when they fail to get the point of a post.
    Much appreciated my friend. Once again, I posted this in jest, obviously. Since joining here, I've learned a ton, and have helped out a few people as well in the process, in the few posts that I have. That's what's it's all about.

I still think the hand app would be nice though.

Best wishes SkandaLex, from RVA.
    02-10-09 01:49 AM
    Handgela v.0.6! But, with our screen gaps.. uhg.. say goodbye to your "click" after your new app has done its job.

I would imagine it would be a GREAT memory cleaner though..
    02-10-09 01:54 AM
    Still............
    Back away from the reefer. Exhale slowly and just walk away....
    But welcome my lucid friend.
    But baaaack away from the reefer.
    Thanks for bumping the thread.

I have three unhealthy vices, booze, smokes and my Storm...I assure you weed isn't in the mix. Thanks again, nevertheless.
    02-10-09 01:54 AM
    02-10-09 02:37 AM
    And what a way to get my 500th post.
    02-10-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD