If you have a 'water damaged' phone then it would only make sense to file it as an insurance claim. Verizon has it together and if you get the replacement and they try to bill you for the 'damaged' unit then I would only fear that somehow that assurion would be notified. That was the case with Cingular, back in the day. Just f.y.i. Good luck my feloow crackberry brother. Stay strong!
    02-24-09 05:27 PM
    Water damage is a very easy fix on the blackberry storm 9530. go to a verizon store, buy a new battery. Throw the old battery away and please tell no employess of the water damage. You are only there to buy a battery. Because the water indicator is on the battery, you will have a new clean idicator and no one will ever know. Send the phone back with the new battery, total cost, 50ish bucks or how ever much the battery cost, thank me later
    02-24-09 06:05 PM
    Water damage is a very easy fix on the blackberry storm 9530. go to a verizon store, buy a new battery. Throw the old battery away and please tell no employess of the water damage. You are only there to buy a battery. Because the water indicator is on the battery, you will have a new clean idicator and no one will ever know. Send the phone back with the new battery, total cost, 50ish bucks or how ever much the battery cost, thank me later
    except the damage is on the phone too... there are two water damage indicators. besides, if its going to be a refurb, it's just the phone they replace, not the battery. read next time.
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-24-09 at 07:08 PM.
    02-24-09 06:59 PM
    yeah like KOKU said dont be angry or threatening, hey it was in bathroom with me and the steam changed the color, lol i dont know... lol
    02-24-09 08:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD