My Storm is a day one unit and has been perfect except that callers on the other end complain about not being able to hear me. They claim it sounds like I'm talking through cotton balls or something. I went into the Verizon store and told them about it, they looked at my phone to make sure it had the current software and activated to the closest towers and said, "Ok, well I'll have a replacement sent out". I never even asked for a replacement. I am worried that my new phone will have more issues than this one. My theory is that this device is #1 a phone and #2-?? for everything else. We'll see when my phone gets here wednesday how well the newer built models perform.
    01-19-09 10:37 PM
    It SEEMS that the newer built Storms are better, but in my experience it's a crap shoot on what you'll get. Good luck though.
    01-19-09 10:47 PM
    Good luck, I am praying to the CrackBerry gods for you. (My replacement is coming in either Wed. or Thurs.)
    01-19-09 10:49 PM
    My replacement has a dead pixel!! Now I'm waiting on another replacement, they claim it'll be here friday. For what it's worth, the screen seemed to click perfectly.
    01-21-09 06:25 PM
    I just got mine replaced and mine was a day 1 unit as well..I was worried as well, but the new one had better click and haven't had any reboots. It was a pain getting new serials, but that was about it. Wish I did it sooner
    01-21-09 07:04 PM
    I also had a Day 1 device, and while putting it into the sleeve, snapped the green button off. My replacement, 20 days later, was much better, clicking is better. I n ever had a single reboot with either device so was not affected by that.
    01-21-09 07:30 PM
    So now I am onto my second replacement and waiting on my third. My second replacement had horrible clicking. They are now saying that they are sending me a brand new phone (which I thought botht of the previous replacements were new) so now I have 3 storms sitting at my house and I'll have a 4th tuesday. Hopefully this one is all good.
    01-24-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD