Just a question regarding a replacement phone I might get for my current storm 9530 through Verizon Wireless.

My phone has been acting really funny lately and I am going to the Verizon store to get it checked out. I am using .141 OS on the phone currently and I have a few apps and themes that I purchased through Crackberry. I think I might downgrade back to .75 OS before taking it in just in case they claim the problems are becuase I am using a leaked OS.

Now some of the apps required me to input my phone's Device ID to ensure that I didn't distribute the app after purchase. Now my question is if I get a new phone obviously it will have a new Device ID. Does anyone know if I can contact Crackberry to have the Device ID changed such that I don't have to pay for the apps again??

Also, I am going to backup my phone through the device manager before visiting the store, now if I do get a new phone will I be able to reload my backup on to the new phone? I am curious if the new Device ID of the phone won't allow for the backup to be loaded on there.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
    05-22-09 07:37 AM
    That's the whole point of the Device Switch Wizard in DM. Follow the 3rd Party Backup instructions (http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/), except leave the User Data checked, then do a regular backup and all of that data can be restored to your new phone. As far as PINs and 3rd party apps go, they all very. Some will work fine, others you may have to email the company to get the PIN changed to your new phone.

Grey
    05-22-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks Grey, Will try that this weekend.
    05-22-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD