Okay, so, I'm looking for the best method to get my photos from my Storm to a computer. I have methods, but they seem overly complicated.

Currently, I use the micro SD card.. remove from the storm, plug into my laptop. It works, but it seems like too much effort. I do have an unlimited data plan with Telus, so I could email them or upload them, but it would be slower than I'd like.

I imagine the best way to go would be through USB.. but the BB desktop software does not work at all on my Macbook Pro (it brings up a blank window, awesome). Does this software support media transfer? If so I'll put some effort into figuring out why the software is failing on me. The card isn't mounted in OS X when plugged in via USB, so I can't see a direct transfer through Finder working.

Sorry, my thoughts are a little scattered, but if anybody has a recommendation for me I'd appreciate it - if there's another thread regarding this, a link would be great, a search didn't turn up anything in specific.

Thanks in advance, guys!
    01-27-09 01:27 PM
    I don't own a Mac but I figured I'd ask this question.

On the Storm itself, do you have Mass Storage Mode Support enabled? It's in Options > Memory

If it isn't enabled then regardless of the OS you're linking into then the in-board memory might not show up.

Like I said, I don't own a Mac but I figured this might be worth eliminating from the equation, hence my post.

Good luck I'm sure there are a slew of Mac folks out there who will chirp in with better advice than I.
    01-27-09 01:34 PM
    Options > Memory -
    Mass Storage Mode Support [ON]
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected [ON]

if i understand right.....when you plug your Storm into your computer....it will recognize it as a mass storage device....and you can navigate the folders just like you would by pluggin in your card....

i also move things right now the same way you do...since it's really not that difficult...but i do believe this would make things easier for you....no?
    01-27-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the response, sikpupi.

I do have the option enabled, doesn't seem to make a difference or mount the mSD card.
    01-27-09 01:41 PM
    Options > Memory -
    Mass Storage Mode Support [ON]
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected [ON]

if i understand right.....when you plug your Storm into your computer....it will recognize it as a mass storage device....and you can navigate the folders just like you would by pluggin in your card....

i also move things right now the same way you do...since it's really not that difficult...but i do believe this would make things easier for you....no?
    Ahh, I just got that working now.. I think it's the auto enable, that I had turned off.

Looks like it will mount the mSD now, that works for me.

Thanks!
    01-27-09 02:44 PM
    I enable Mass Storage and never have to unplug my 16G card.
    01-27-09 02:59 PM
    I have both those options turned on and my blackberry desktop manager doesn't recognize it, neither does my computer... what's my problem??
    02-10-09 11:15 PM
    Even with a Mac I sync my media to my Storm. I have Mass Storage Mode On and drag and drop media files into the folders. If i'm too lazy I'll take advantage of the built-in bluetooth if I am just copying one or two files.
    02-10-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD