I'm a storm owner, who uses DM with BES, and all off a sudden when I try and do a backup of my storm, it gets to the "email filters-all" part and then an error box comes up stating "Error Backing Up datebase(s)" . Anyone have an idea how I can correct this?
    12-23-08 02:44 PM
    Getting the same error on mine right before I updated to .83 and I havent tried it since then...very weird
    12-23-08 02:48 PM
    That error has been resolved by clearing browser cache, I thought.
    12-23-08 02:50 PM
    From another post on the same issue:

open your browser > menu key > options > cache operations > clear everything

I used this and the error message went away.
    12-23-08 02:51 PM
    Yeah, I always have to clear the browser cache to get a backup to work.
    12-23-08 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the tip. This has been bothering me for a while now. I cleared the browser cache and it worked fine! Seems a huge problem, as most users don't know where to find this information. Imagine how many folks won't have a backup just because of this virtually unknown step.

Thanks again for this great info.

Paul
    12-23-08 03:43 PM
    From another post on the same issue:

open your browser > menu key > options > cache operations > clear everything

I used this and the error message we
    nt away.
    I tried doing this also re booted my office computer. Still didn't work. Seems that the item it tries to back up after the email filters is the issue. Anyone have any other ideas I can try ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 05:36 PM
    Yeah - had the same problem as well.
    You need to do an advanced backup or something along those lines.
    I'm not in front of my computer at the moment so excuse the rough directions...
    Anyway, when I went to backup I believe there is an advanced option or something.
    Once in there, you should have two forms side by side, one your computer, the other will be the
    database list on your phone. Select each database and backup.
    Mine failed on the browser cache even though I cleared it beforehand so I left this one out.
    At least everything else but that made a backup...

I'll post something more clear if anyone needs after I finish this pile of shrimp...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD