Well, it breaks my heart to come on here and start bashing my Storm, but I need to vent. I wanted so much to love this phone, but I am ready to smash it against the wall...weeeehhhh....felt good to get that off my chest.

First...I HATE the click touch screen. I dont have fat fingers. The initial touch is correct, it's the pushing down motion that 10% of the time activates a different letter or number...extremely frustrating when just trying to send a quick SMS... something i thought I would get used to, but it aint' happening.

I'm finding myself using my Ipod Touch to send quick emails, rather then using my storm...which makes me think I may be better off with the iPhone for a touch screen cell.... I've had a blackberry steady for 5 years now.
    03-06-09 03:27 PM
    how long have you had your phone?? I'll be honest, it took me a good solid month for me to get fully used to the Storm. There's so much to figure out and things to familiarize yourself with. Give it time. I almost took my Storm back a week after having it. Had it packed back in the box, went to the Verizon store and everything, but when I got there I couldn't bring myself to let it go. I am so happy I kept it now.
    03-06-09 03:32 PM
    I love mine. If your not happy and are having a hard time with it then get rid of it. I can text fine on it and everything works great for the most part. Only complaint is occassionaly it lags a little. No weird rebooting issues, or freezing. Memory leaks don't slow anything down on my phone. I love this thing and it does way more than the iphone does. The iphone is like the base model with not alot of options. The storm is like the more expensive model with all the bells and whistles. Im still running .75 and haven't had any issues worth upgrading to the leaked versions yet. Obviously when the official OS comes out i'll upgrade but for now smooth sailing. If your not satisfied take it back and get an iphone. My girl has one and she likes it for the most part, except the service on At&t sucks, the browser constantly boots her off, she can't send or recieve any picture messages which sucks and is lame, can't zoom in to take any pictures, no flash capabilities what so ever, no video recording at all, she can't change the theme on it just the same old boring theme like every single billion iphones out there all look the same, **** she can't even pull the battery out and replace it, no full querty keyboard in landscape mode when sending an sms or email which is weak, but she does have wifi but honestly I have never even needed wifi with the verizon network. The storm is good for me but doesn't sound like it is good for you. Get your self an iphone and im sure you'll be happy with it...Good luck with whatever you do.
    03-06-09 03:41 PM
    Jesus...I never realized how many cons the Iphone had.

there's a website called "iwanttosmackstevejobsintheface.com" or something like that where people are complaining about the IPhones inability to send/recieve MMS messages.
    03-06-09 04:07 PM
    Seems like it would be nice to have the option of selecting whether it took a click down to activate a selection on the Storm, or if just a touch would activate it.

Think it's a software possibility?
    03-06-09 04:21 PM
    Seems like it would be nice to have the option of selecting whether it took a click down to activate a selection on the Storm, or if just a touch would activate it.

Think it's a software possibility?
    Yes... Bolt uses the "touch" with out a click to select links...
    03-06-09 04:24 PM
    iwanttosmackstevejobsintheface.com

this url is valid.......just thought I would say.

03-06-09 04:34 PM
    I forget the name of the website, it's along those lines...
    03-06-09 04:34 PM
    oh, nevermind, you said it was valid. Thought it said "invalid"
    03-06-09 04:35 PM
    Please click below and read my post #3 This will clarify why the touch screen has some problems.

click:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/af...roblem-176059/
    03-06-09 05:08 PM
    Jesus...I never realized how many cons the Iphone had.

there's a website called "iwanttosmackstevejobsintheface.com" or something like that where people are complaining about the IPhones inability to send/recieve MMS messages.
    And that's only one of it's deficiencies. I'm waiting or someone to make a site like that about the Storm and rant about the camera or something.
    03-06-09 05:11 PM
    There are plenty of cons why personally I think the iphone isn't all that and a bag of chips. Im sure there are thousands of people who would dissagree. Its all a matter of preference. I still don't see what makes the iphone any better. I also forgot to mention that on the storm you also have the option of changing memory cards which is something the iphone can't do. I have the 16gig in right now with like 10 full length movies and like 800 songs or so and hundreds of pictures...My original 8gig has a bunch of movies on it and when I want to watch the other movies I simply open it up and switch it out...lets see the iphone do that. HAhahah now im just being mean...but seriously though the Storm is a very versatile phone with many different functions and IMHO is a far superior phone than the iphone. When the official OS upgrade does come out I'm sure it will fix many of the bugs and lags inherent in the current software. As many have already stated and is pretty obvious, RIM and Verizon were in a hurry to get the phone out just take make money before christmas time in 08. They released a phone with known problems and flaws and as quickly as possible released an updated software to help calm the masses when they realized they have been tricked. Eventually the OS will catch up to the hardware and the phone will be top notch but until then Im completely satisfied with the phone and all of its functions. Either way just food for thought...
    03-06-09 05:17 PM
    First...I HATE the click touch screen. I dont have fat fingers. The initial touch is correct, it's the pushing down motion that 10% of the time activates a different letter or number...extremely frustrating when just trying to send a quick SMS... something i thought I would get used to, but it aint' happening.
    Exactly!!! Even when you are trying to be careful, the slight deflection in your fingers as you press creates typos. Not to mention when in landscape querty, the blue glow is smaller than my finger, so it is pretty much worthless as a guide.
    03-06-09 05:21 PM
    ok, here is my delemia i am considering getting a storm next week like most people ive been anxious to try it ive seen the reviews and read the various blogs since nov21 when the storm was released and i have seen a lot of people with the same issues/complaints now i realize a lot of the issues were right from the release and since then there have been updates and fixes so iguess what i want to know is from you storm owners is the storm worth getting or not i am familar with the typing issues but my concern is the freezing ,white out screen and glitches so if some one would care to give a updated opinon it would be greatly appriciated i currrently have the8830 so pretty much any model with mms support would be better any way sorry for the ramble thanks in advance
    03-06-09 06:17 PM
    Man, honestly, if I was able to disable this ridiculous click touch, I would probably keep the storm....I cannot tell you how annoyed I am getting with the constant push down.

I also noticed I'm not the only one who is annoyed in landscape view, the blue highlight is almost impossible to see and when trying to whip through an email or text message, forget it. I'm noticing a double in time to send a simple email. To top it off, it lags. It is officially the slowest phone for sending SMS and email...ridiculous.

The sensor also lags, sometimes my phone will get stuck in landscape for a few seconds and I have to swivel my phone back and forth several times to wake it up.

I am kicking myself in the **** as I always said I would wait a good 6 months to a year before getting the storm to allow blackberry to work out the bugs...etc...but wanted it so bad I went out and bought the unlocked vodafone version for $600.00...absolute waste of money.

The only good thing about this phone is it always has full reception on the Rogers EDGE network...never had a dropped call.

Also, I need APPS!!!!!! Maybe if I had access to thousands of apps I would not be so bored with this phone.

I also dont see how the Storm has more features then the iphone...****, my ipod touch has more fun features then my Storm...like I said in the original post, I find myself using my ipod touch at home to send emails, browse the internet.....etc.

I think the storm right now is a love it or hate it...and I'm leaning towards the "Hate it"... I think for touch screen phones I'm more of an iphone guy.
    03-07-09 10:29 AM
    how long have you had your phone?? I'll be honest, it took me a good solid month for me to get fully used to the Storm. There's so much to figure out and things to familiarize yourself with. Give it time. I almost took my Storm back a week after having it. Had it packed back in the box, went to the Verizon store and everything, but when I got there I couldn't bring myself to let it go. I am so happy I kept it now.
    I've had it for about 2 months and getting more and more annoyed with it. Also, the glitches are increasing...no glitches the first month, now the lagging has started, getting stuck in landscape view...and vice versa. May consider coming back to the storm down the road when BB works out all the glitches and gives you the option to disable the click touch.
    03-07-09 10:32 AM
    The issue you're having is one I had myself in the beginning. The initial touch is correct but when you press down on the screen, the pressure widens the surface area of your thumb and causes a mistouch.

I say I had it in the beginning because after a while, I guess my 'muscle memory' automatically began adjusting to compensate. Now I mistype when very drunk or tired. I'm also slow when typing web addresses in the browser for some crazy reason. But composing txts or emails, I fairly fly through the message.

If you're willing to put in the effort, you'll adjust as well. It's a matter of wanting to. But I don't blame (nor will I flame) you for not wanting to do it. If Touchscreens aren't for everyone, Surepress narrows that field even more. I personally like it.

And I really love it when my iPod + Phone using gf can't even dial a number because she can't adjust to having to press on the screen
    03-07-09 10:41 AM
    I prefer the touch screen. It would be nice if u could disable but I like the touch press screen.
    03-10-09 03:31 PM
    I really think guys its more like the age old debate of whether pc or Mac is better. It all depends on what you are wanting to use it for. I love my blackberry storm, but I have never used a phone with a virtual keyboard before instead of a physical one. I've had touchscreens and all of them where the windows Mobile version with stylus to touch. The stylus always got lost and the os always locked up at least once a day. My blackberry does lock up, but it might happen once a week possibly even less and in some instances it is me messing with it that causes it. Personally I am not a fan of anything Apple because I think all of their products are highly overrated and grossly overpriced. I can do all the things with a cheaper alternative that I could do with an Iphone, Itouch or whatever the **** they call it. But some people are going to be diehard fans of Apple. I am a little annoyed that there are not frequent updates to correct a few issues with the phone, but I would rather that they get it right and update it once or twice than release an update every week that locks up my phone.
    03-10-09 03:49 PM
    This thing definitely does have a sensing problem at times... I admit I am typing faster, but it will NEVER be as fast as a real keyboard, and I'm not saying the I phone is better... just that it will never be as fast as a real keyboard, period.

The sensing problem I am talking about might just be a lag problem, but when scrolling through web pages that need data boxes filled out, or even the same thing with programs (like epocrates) ... it seems to NOT want to select my input no matter how light, hard or where I touch sometimes... I think it's just lag... something, I'm sorry to say, the iTouch doesn't have EVER... but I still wouldn't want an iPhone...
    03-10-09 06:52 PM
    The Storm, i.e. touch screen technology, has a lot of growing up to do. It's slow, slow, slow, and the lag after a selection is made is the most complained about of users in the company. When you present technology as a small do everything tool you set yourself up for failure without alot more testing and research. The only people who love it are the ones who have very slow typing skills or unfamiliar with the device. Hopefully the next generation technology will see an improvement.
    03-11-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD