I've had the Storm with VZW for 2 weeks now, software wise it works great! But within the last week I've noticed that the lower part of the screen has become harder to press and when I press the middle of the screen it starting to feel more and more like a double click. I've tried the card and screw trick and it makes no difference.
    My dilemma is other then the screen issue, it functions great and has since day one and I'm worried I'll end up with a unit that is stricken with bugs that some of the other people here at the forums are seeing, and I'll have to get another replacement or replacements until I get one that is good.
    I was originally thinking of waiting a couple more weeks to see if it gets any worse, but being here for delivery is going to be a problem as I won't be here after next week.
    And if I did order a replacement and being this time of year, do you think I would get it next week?

Thanks,
    12-26-08 10:37 AM
    I've had the Storm with VZW for 2 weeks now, software wise it works great! But within the last week I've noticed that the lower part of the screen has become harder to press and when I press the middle of the screen it starting to feel more and more like a double click. I've tried the card and screw trick and it makes no difference.
    My dilemma is other then the screen issue, it functions great and has since day one and I'm worried I'll end up with a unit that is stricken with bugs that some of the other people here at the forums are seeing, and I'll have to get another replacement or replacements until I get one that is good.
    I was originally thinking of waiting a couple more weeks to see if it gets any worse, but being here for delivery is going to be a problem as I won't be here after next week.
    And if I did order a replacement and being this time of year, do you think I would get it next week?

Thanks,
    I had the same problem with my screen, where the bottom middle was hard to click and after a while the click became non existent. I say you should get a replacement. But it's true you might run into problems with your replacement, for example I just got sent a replacement phone and it powers itself off like it's its job.
    12-26-08 11:02 AM
    Well as long as verizon shows a track record with your phone issues, getting replacement after replacements, wont be an issue. i say send it back and try a different phone. Eventually, they will get them fixed but there is no need to suffer with a problematic phone. I know its a pain to have to wipe and install everything on the new one, but unfortunately, what other options do we really have at this point, you know?
    12-26-08 11:17 AM
    I got my 1st Storm on the original release date, just replaced it yesterday and I'm thrilled. I started having random reset issue with my 1st ,but thought my screen click was fine.

Little did I know I had a inferior screen.

Point: Get a replacement, Verizon has been very helpful and willing to replace any defective Storms.
    12-26-08 11:25 AM
    Im going to stop by the local VZW store and see if they have any, if not I'll call them.

Thanks
    12-26-08 12:17 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon, they're going to be sending me a third Storm.

The first one worked great software-wise but had a really bad screen in that one side didn't click well. I used the paper/battery thing but that started to lose its benefit in a week or so, and I was kind of ticked that I had to jimmy-rig a new phone (and I don't have those special screwdrivers).

So I got a replacement, which came with .75 and a GREAT click screen, but I got one with the pinhole between the buttons so this seriously bright LED was right under the hole and blinded anyone looking at the phone, so I stuck with the original phone.

Called them today to ask how to send the replacement phone back and they said they will have a 3rd new phone here by Tuesday, as they are all caught up with their orders. Hopefully it will have both a good screen and good rubber key strip at the bottom.

One thing of note -- the tech said they would be sending me a new phone because it was under the 30-day rule. I asked, 'as opposed to what?' and he said that for people over the 30-day rule they get the brown-box replacement phone that's a refurb.

All in all, I'm very pleased with Verizon and how they're handling all these returns, but I am a little disappointed in whatever company handles the QC for the phone ... so many little issues, it seems like there should have been a lot of phones taken out of circulation before shipping.
    12-26-08 12:53 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon, they're going to be sending me a third Storm.

The first one worked great software-wise but had a really bad screen in that one side didn't click well. I used the paper/battery thing but that started to lose its benefit in a week or so, and I was kind of ticked that I had to jimmy-rig a new phone (and I don't have those special screwdrivers).

So I got a replacement, which came with .75 and a GREAT click screen, but I got one with the pinhole between the buttons so this seriously bright LED was right under the hole and blinded anyone looking at the phone, so I stuck with the original phone.

Called them today to ask how to send the replacement phone back and they said they will have a 3rd new phone here by Tuesday, as they are all caught up with their orders. Hopefully it will have both a good screen and good rubber key strip at the bottom.

One thing of note -- the tech said they would be sending me a new phone because it was under the 30-day rule. I asked, 'as opposed to what?' and he said that for people over the 30-day rule they get the brown-box replacement phone that's a refurb.

All in all, I'm very pleased with Verizon and how they're handling all these returns, but I am a little disappointed in whatever company handles the QC for the phone ... so many little issues, it seems like there should have been a lot of phones taken out of circulation before shipping.
    I had a problem with my first Storm and called Tech Support and they said it would take 5 days to get a new phone shipped out to me. The following day I went to the Verizon store for a completely different issue (phone locked up), the manager called TS and had them ship another phone to me which I received the following day. If I were you and want your phone replaced ASAP go to the Verizon store and see what they can do.
    12-26-08 01:02 PM
    Just orderd my replacement today l. Hopefully it comes within the next week

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 01:18 PM
    i got my replacement a few days ago but i just started using it because i had to wait for a replacement invisible shield before using it...

ANYWAYS the replacement phone fixes the screen clicking problem which is why i requested a replacement device in the first place. but now the bottom piece, where the mic is, below the buttons is kind of loose.

so my real question is do you guys think i should ask for another replacement device. would this be a potential problem?

i kind of dont want to get another replacement because i dont think zagg would send me another invisible shield for free... and it wasnt actually for free. i had to pay $5 for shipping.

soooo.... a little advice would be great!
    12-26-08 01:26 PM
    Replacements dont take very long at all. I called on the 23rd and got the new storm the 26th
    12-26-08 01:29 PM

i think it's stupid that if its after 30days they send us refurbs.

if its a MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT then we deserve NEW phones. because problems such as the screen click problem, somethimes arent noticed immediately and over time the more you USE the phone and click it, it seems the screen starts to sink into the phone. thats what i noticed with my first phone.

if its a costumer caused problem, like dropping the device in water, then yes a refurb is understandable.

so all im saying is if any verizon tech says that you should be receiving a refurb and your problem is a manufacturer's defect i would argue that until you got a completely NEW device because it is clearly not your fault and you should not have to settle for a refurb device if youre paying for a NEW device...
    12-26-08 01:30 PM
    Well, I went to the local VZW store, and the tech looked at for about a minute and took it to her manager too, they insisted there was nothing wrong with it, and couldn't even feel the double clicking! When the tech was looking at it she was pushing on the screen so hard her thumb was turning white almost! She also said that if they where going to replace it they would have to order it because they didn't have any in stock, and charge me full price 'till I shipped my old one back.
    So when I got home I called 611 and spoke with a tech. At first she was going to send a refurb!! I said the phone is only 2 weeks old why should I get a refurb! She said hold on and I'll contact your local store, when she got back to me she said the store has 30 in stock!!! SHEESH, my local store is unbelievable!!
    I asked the rep on the phone why would the store tell me they had none in stock, she said I don't know and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    So, I'm on my way to go get my replacement, I'll let you all know how I made out.
    12-26-08 06:05 PM
    I got my storm on 12/11 and for the most part it has worked very well. I do have a dead pixel in the top left corner that I can see in landscape mode when emailing or texting. Other then that and a few freezes the phone seems to work fine. Do you think I should get a replacement before my 30 days are up? Thanks.
    12-26-08 07:02 PM
    Over one dead pixel? Foolish.
    12-26-08 07:08 PM
    I got my storm on 12/11 and for the most part it has worked very well. I do have a dead pixel in the top left corner that I can see in landscape mode when emailing or texting. Other then that and a few freezes the phone seems to work fine. Do you think I should get a replacement before my 30 days are up? Thanks.
    i would say get it because if you paid for a phone... you paid for a WORKING NEW phone and it should have absolutely zero defects... even if it is just ONE dead pixel. if you notice it, exchange it.
    12-26-08 07:13 PM
    Well, I'm back and with a new Storm. And what a difference the screen is, it clicks so much better then the first one ever did, even when I first got it. The rep I dealt with was a different one and soon as he felt it he said that it wasn't right, before I could even finish explaining it to him,,lol
    After going through changing some of the settings on the new one, I now know the old one had other issues as well. This one also seems a bit faster, but that could be a placebo effect too
    Well, let's just hope this screen makes it past 2 weeks.
    I'm still really surprised at what I had to go through though. I've heard other people complain about my local store before and took it with a grain of salt, but now I know better.
    12-26-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD