03-07-09 03:54 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    Oh Yea, Definitely-

I Hope It Does Well, And I'm Sure In The Long Run It Will.

It Just Needs To Fix the App Memory Issue.
    I agree with prada. The app memory issue seems to me to be a "rate limiting" factor here and the major issue. Not prices for apps, developer fees. Essentially, we will only be able to download a finite amount of apps because of storage issues and possibly its effect on phone speed/performance. If the app store takes off, which I think it will, then the memory issue will need to be addressed. For now, I am very happy that the App Store/World was developed and will be released.
    03-06-09 08:50 AM
    dmg u hit it right on the head. it sucks when people are just complaining for the sake of complaining or just joining the band wagon. and how can u complain about something thats not even out yet? that makes no sense. i think the storm 2 will suck because its not gonna come out on the same day as the next iphone. thats so pointless and random. i appreciate all the people in this forum who are showing what this section is really for. its about discussing what you like and dont like. its not about b*tching and moaning and picking fights with other people. we CAN all get along and have great thought provoking conversation instead of mindless banter.

DMG your apps are awesome and we all definitely appreciate all your hard work!
    03-06-09 10:07 AM
    If I developed software, the $200 wouldn't bother me. It's the cost of doing business.

As a user, $2.99 doesn't bother me. If something is what I want, I pay what I consider reasonable.

Name? WTH? Who cares if RIM called it Shyte4Berries OTA?

Paypal... Well I do have an issue there and so long as its the sole option, I will continue to use the Crackberry App Store. [/b]My personal[/b] past experience with Paypal has shown me that I cannot allow them access to my banking information again. But I have my choices and y'all have yours. Make 'em and stick with 'em.
    03-06-09 10:18 AM
    As a user, $2.99 doesn't bother me. If something is what I want, I pay what I consider reasonable.
    It bothers me. I only go for free stuff.
    03-06-09 10:49 AM
    Yeah, lol i agree with everyone. lol :-) If you dont like the name or price, don't buy any apps and your problem is solved. if you don't like the dev. fee, don't put out any apps or apply to do so. If you want an Iphone, go get you one. There is no reason to cry about the name or price. Its business, if you don't buy someone else will. I can understand about the whole app memory issue thing. Cant buy any apps or get apps free if you have little or no memory to do so. Sorry if my post upsets people, just don't see a reason for drama, when the choice is yours to buy or not. They aren't physically "making" you buy apps at $2.99. If you want one, you will have to pay. Just like anything else in this world. Be glad people make these apps and allow them to go for free. :-P
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 03-06-09 at 11:06 AM.
    03-06-09 11:02 AM
    Shoulda been called "Asshat McPoopypants Super World Of Appz!"

Really who gives a hoot what it's called...as long as it works!!! I would have liked to see some $.99 apps, but it's no big deal...as long as they are good apps it'll be O.K.! :P I'd like to see Free apps(I know there will be some, probably a lot after a while), but hey...half the apps out there I wouldn't download even if they were free...I wouldn't use them, but I do agree the biggest limitation is going to be storage space for the apps...which hopefully Rim will fix, but who knows! :P
    03-06-09 06:32 PM
    I forgot all about this thread I'm glad you guys kept it going lol.

=)

As for the 200$ fee it doesn't bother me at all. I would only have to sell like 60+ apps at the 2.99$ price to turn a profit. If all goes as planned I hope to sell way more then that at launch. You figure there are roughly 1.2 million storms and even if I can cash in on 1% of that then I will be sitting nicely =).

Also the 200$ will seperate the men from the boys. Who's going to want to pay 200$ to sell fart machines if there is a chance they may not make that money back? I think we will see a lot more useful apps, atleast at launch we will. I personally wish they made the publisher price 500$ or 1000$.

Those who made comments about the lightsaber apps etc, I just make what people want. If you want a lighsaber I'll make it. If you want a tip counter I'll make it. If you want an app that will randomly generate names for your new baby I will make it. The point I'm trying to make is I create apps for you guys. Why give people something they don't want? You guys speak up and I create the apps. I've only published a few smaller apps at this point because the more indepth the app the longer it takes to code / debug.

I will be releasing a lot more apps in the future though in here and the appworld
    Last edited by dmglakewood; 03-06-09 at 06:51 PM.
    03-06-09 06:44 PM
    I totally agree with DMG I also believe it will make for better apps with the price to register. We will see fewer good free apps but to get decent no bug apps I think its worth it
    03-07-09 07:42 AM

Also the 200$ will seperate the men from the boys. Who's going to want to pay 200$ to sell fart machines if there is a chance they may not make that money back? I think we will see a lot more useful apps, atleast at launch we will. I personally wish they made the publisher price 500$ or 1000$.
    Glad to see you said this. I echoed a similar sentiment in my response to the App World Blog.

There is a reason Clubs have a cover charge. part of it of it is to reimburse the Band/DJ, part of it is to keep the riff raff out.

Basically RIM has divided the Developing community into 3 tiers

Social Leagues: Developers distributing apps only on their own sites
    Semi-Pro: Distributing through a 3rd party like CrackBerry
    Pro: Distributing through AppWorld

Would people expect to see the same level of professionalism & skill in a Beer league as they would from the NHL?

I think not!

I think we can rest assured that ALL the Apps on AppWorld will be good code, because the riff raff not up to producing good code won't Pay to list them there.
    03-07-09 12:58 PM
    Great point of view. I am sick and tired of people ranting about the Storm - If they do not like it, they should have not bought it. Just trade it in for a curve, then **** off, we do not give a **** about their biased opinions. At least 80% of all Storm haters have no clue what they are talking about. Several do not even have a storm lol. Why can the haters just **** off?

The reality is, people try to justify their iphone/curve purchases, or selling their storm, by trying to convince people that the storm is not good. They are usually the products of conformists saying that the storm is not good.
    03-07-09 03:10 PM
    iPhone rocks.....oh wait....
    03-07-09 03:18 PM
    Can't complain yet,I don't have 50 post's....would'nt complain anyways,I love my phone.Just wished I could get another os to work.I'll wait for an official upgrade....I have time
    03-07-09 03:53 PM
    Mybad...now it's 55
    03-07-09 03:54 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD