I'm usually one to bite my tongue but I can't anymore.

I'm sick of everyone flipping out because RIM decides to do something that you don't agree with. It seems like every other week you guys are flipping out about something new and this week happens to be the App World. You hate the name, you hate the fact that there is a 2.99$ min price, you hate that you can't store apps on the memory card, you hate that RIM is charging 200$ per developer to upload apps, you hate that it's not a shiny iPhone and doesn't use itunes....I mean you hate RIM

Just get over it, it's not that big of a deal. You can cry and complain all you want but you know for sure that you're going to create a paypal account and you're going to purchase some apps from the app world. You're not fooling anyone so quit crying.

I've also seen a lot of people saying their going to just stick to the Crackberry app store, which is great an all, but little do you know there is a minimum price of 2.95$ to upload an app if you don't believe me click here. That is a screenshot of my mobihand account when I tried to enter a .99$ value for an item. You can send a formal request and beg to have the price lowered, but they have the freedom to reject that price.

As for the 200$ price per developer people are shocked by this. Did you know your beloved iPhone charges their developers too? You can have a look at this page. Hmm that's strange they are being charged, but yet they still manage to put out free apps. So by saying the app store will have no free apps is just crazy in my eyes.

I can keep going on and on but no one is going to read this anyways lol.

Feel free to flame away. Even if you didn't read any of that flame me anyways =). It helps me sleep at night knowing that someone yelled at me online lol
    03-05-09 11:24 AM
    Amen. Thanks dmg. Sorry, no flaming coming your way from me.
    03-05-09 11:26 AM
    Amen. Thanks dmg. Sorry, no flaming coming your way from me.
    Haha it's all good, I'm sure I will get my fair share of it later.

Nice avatar by the way, I used to love that show.
    03-05-09 11:29 AM
    I'm usually one to bite my tongue but I can't anymore.

I'm sick of everyone flipping out because RIM decides to do something that you don't agree with. It seems like every other week you guys are flipping out about something new and this week happens to be the App World. You hate the name, you hate the fact that there is a 2.99$ min price, you hate that you can't store apps on the memory card, you hate that RIM is charging 200$ per developer to upload apps, you hate that it's not a shiny iPhone and doesn't use itunes....I mean you hate RIM

Just get over it, it's not that big of a deal. You can cry and complain all you want but you know for sure that you're going to create a paypal account and you're going to purchase some apps from the app world. You're not fooling anyone so quit crying.

I've also seen a lot of people saying their going to just stick to the Crackberry app store, which is great an all, but little do you know there is a minimum price of 2.95$ to upload an app if you don't believe me click here. That is a screenshot of my mobihand account when I tried to enter a .99$ value for an item. You can send a formal request and beg to have the price lowered, but they have the freedom to reject that price.

As for the 200$ price per developer people are shocked by this. Did you know your beloved iPhone charges their developers too? You can have a look at this page. Hmm that's strange they are being charged, but yet they still manage to put out free apps. So by saying the app store will have no free apps is just crazy in my eyes.

I can keep going on and on but no one is going to read this anyways lol.

Feel free to flame away. Even if you didn't read any of that flame me anyways =). It helps me sleep at night knowing that someone yelled at me online lol
    yeah really though like the name has anything to do with the apps that will be put out.. people always cryin about what RIM/VZW is doing... your not tied down to nothing if you dont like it make the switch go some where else
    03-05-09 11:31 AM
    i bet there a bunch of storm haters (those who say they have the device and those that don't) who are cutting themselves in an effort to stay out of this thread. lol. to no avail though, this will probably be dmg by end of day....

03-05-09 11:33 AM
    yeah really though like the name has anything to do with the apps that will be put out.. people always cryin about what RIM/VZW is doing... your not tied down to nothing if you dont like it make the switch go some where else
    Exactly

Also what I hate is people saying "Ohh I'm going to the iPhone now forget paying 2.99$ an app"

First of all their talking on a 500$ blackberry which their paying 80$+ a month for the plan and they can't afford a 2.99$ app? If the switch to the iPhone their going to have to pay the 175$ early termination fee which is equivalent to 58 apps at 2.99$ price lol.
    03-05-09 11:34 AM
    i bet there a bunch of storm haters (those who say they have the device and those that don't) who are cutting themselves in an effort to stay out of this thread. lol. to no avail though, this will probably be dmg by end of day....

Ohh yeah I'm just waiting for those people to step in here and tell me why the iPhone / Apple is so much better. I'm ready for them though, I've done a lot of research and being a developer it gives me the advantage. I'm ready with their counterstrike =).

It seems like 90% of the people complaining though are people with less then 50 posts. I think the true crackberries don't really have a problem with it.
    03-05-09 11:37 AM
    I think the developer price is fair..
    Gives incentive to make quality applications and
    get your money back when people buy them up.
    03-05-09 11:38 AM
    I think the developer price is fair..
    Gives incentive to make quality applications and
    get your money back when people buy them up.
    Yeah if you make a quality app and broadcast it to 1.2 million storm owners at 2.99$ each. Even if you sell to 1% of the users you still made a decent size profit.
    03-05-09 11:44 AM
    Well, isn't that what the forums are about.....it's called Rants & Raves.....it's what people do. Just like you are entitled to rant about being tired of "hearing" everyone complain.

yeah, does it get annoying? sure....but ya know what......if you are tired of hearing the complaints...why do you read the threads. Could you imagine...when someone posts a "OMFG I f***NG hate (insert hated entity here....RIM/VZW/The World) for (insert problem here.....OS leak not fast enough/Tech Issue/App World).....who's with me. ... if people didn't go in there to either argue, or agree, then they would eventually dwindle down.

These threads stay up, and get so long because we are all passionate for our feelings. For every person that is "tired" of the complaining, there is someone on the opposite side of the fence, ready to defend why the SHOULD complain.

i'm not flaming you, by any means..... i love my device, i hate it sometimes for the problems i have, but do i feel the need to proclaim my hatred for the things it doesn't do, or does poorly.... NOPE....many others already have. lol

Cheer up....better things comin down the pipe, and hopefully we have more RAVES than Rants in the very near future!!!!
    03-05-09 11:47 AM
    I don't go into the threads anymore (I did go into a few of them) but their threads are everywhere. in the 3rd party app section (That's where I post the most) their threads are taking over the forum. I agree they are free to post what they want as long as it follows the rules, they should keep it in 1 thread though. The thread title should be called "I hate my life so I'm going to take it out on RIM"

Well, isn't that what the forums are about.....it's called Rants & Raves.....it's what people do. Just like you are entitled to rant about being tired of "hearing" everyone complain.

yeah, does it get annoying? sure....but ya know what......if you are tired of hearing the complaints...why do you read the threads. Could you imagine...when someone posts a "OMFG I f***NG hate (insert hated entity here....RIM/VZW/The World) for (insert problem here.....OS leak not fast enough/Tech Issue/App World).....who's with me. ... if people didn't go in there to either argue, or agree, then they would eventually dwindle down.

These threads stay up, and get so long because we are all passionate for our feelings. For every person that is "tired" of the complaining, there is someone on the opposite side of the fence, ready to defend why the SHOULD complain.

i'm not flaming you, by any means..... i love my device, i hate it sometimes for the problems i have, but do i feel the need to proclaim my hatred for the things it doesn't do, or does poorly.... NOPE....many others already have. lol

Cheer up....better things comin down the pipe, and hopefully we have more RAVES than Rants in the very near future!!!!
    03-05-09 11:55 AM
    I Honestly Have No Problem With The Minimum Price ($2.99 Hey Since When Has Anything Been Free)

Nor The 200 Dollar Developer Fee( Hey You Gotta Spend Money To Make Money, And The 2.99 Minimum Helps Out With That)

I Really Don't Care About Something As Trivial As The Title Of The App Store... Who Cares What Its Called- So Long As I Have My Apps. Would Something Such As The "RIM Application Happy Nook" Be Better?

But What I Don't Agree With Is The Whole Application Memory Thing, Just Doesnt Make Sense...
    03-05-09 11:56 AM
    If they address where you store OS I think the app world whatever stands a good chance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 12:01 PM
    If they address where you store OS I think the app world whatever stands a good chance
    Oh Yea, Definitely-

I Hope It Does Well, And I'm Sure In The Long Run It Will.

It Just Needs To Fix the App Memory Issue.
    03-05-09 12:02 PM
    No way am I going to flame you dmg.

I was actually thinking CrackBerry should host some kind of fund raiser to pay for the developer fee for you and a couple of the other guys that have putting out apps.

I think we could make you $200 pretty quick.

03-05-09 12:03 PM
    I Honestly Have No Problem With The Minimum Price ($2.99 Hey Since When Has Anything Been Free)

Nor The 200 Dollar Developer Fee( Hey You Gotta Spend Money To Make Money, And The 2.99 Minimum Helps Out With That)

I Really Don't Care About Something As Trivial As The Title Of The App Store... Who Cares What Its Called- So Long As I Have My Apps. Would Something Such As The "RIM Application Happy Nook" Be Better?

But What I Don't Agree With Is The Whole Application Memory Thing, Just Doesnt Make Sense...
    HAHAHa Rim Application Happy Nook

Yeah I agree the memory thing is an issue, but I think RIM is either
    A. Working on that issue as we speak
    B. Waiting till they release a stable OS and the App World to start working on the issue.

I think once they see that people love applications and need all the memory we can get, they will be forced to do something about it.
    03-05-09 12:03 PM
    No way am I going to flame you dmg.

I was actually thinking CrackBerry should host some kind of fund raiser to pay for the developer fee for you and a couple of the other guys that have putting out apps.

I think we could make you $200 pretty quick.

That's not a bad idea at all. This would make it easier for developers to create free apps if they didn't have to pay for the fee. I'm not in need of the fund rasiing though you guys have donated enough to me and purchased StormSlots etc I have the 200$ sitting right here ready to send to RIM. Well it's not really sitting here it's sitting in the bank =).
    03-05-09 12:06 PM
    yeah, why all the complaining? If your gonna do that save it for the rants and raves forum, not the ........

Oh wait, nevermind
    03-05-09 12:08 PM
    THANK YOU DMG!

I'm getting sick of all the whiney threads on here. No one is forcing you to keep the Storm. Pay the $175 to leave VZW and get an iPhone. Then you can complain about being forced to use iTunes, not being able to send MMS, and crappy signal.

I'm extremely happy with my Storm
    03-05-09 12:10 PM
    yeah, why all the complaining? If your gonna do that save it for the rants and raves forum, not the ........

Oh wait, nevermind
    I'm all for complaining when it's

A. In the right forum
    B. When you actually have something to complain about

03-05-09 12:14 PM
    THANK YOU DMG!

I'm getting sick of all the whiney threads on here. No one is forcing you to keep the Storm. Pay the $175 to leave VZW and get an iPhone. Then you can complain about being forced to use iTunes, not being able to send MMS, and crappy signal.

I'm extremely happy with my Storm
    Exactly, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
    03-05-09 12:15 PM
    The only downfall to charging 200 dollars is that everyone will atleast want to recoup their money which means 2.99 is going to be the standard. I think it needs a pricing restructure

03-05-09 12:18 PM
    i dont pay for apps on my ipod/iphone or storm

if its not free, its not worth it
    03-05-09 12:47 PM
    I actually agree with DMG, if u dont like it then dont use it its rather simple, but I see it as another option that we didnt have before...I will take my storm with app world over storm without it....
    03-05-09 12:50 PM
    LMAO! You started a complaint thread to complain about those constantly complaining. Guess you became what you hated.

Here's some food for thought. Customer complaints are what drives companies to change or improve a product or service. If no one complained about the Storm, how quickly do you think RIM would fix it? All of this "shut up if you don't like it" mentality sounding the Storm it childish. People have a right to complaint about a product or service that they are paying for. If you are satisfied with yours then go back to the fanboy threads and enjoy. Or perhaps you just don't get the CONCEPT of what a rant and rave forum is????
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 03-05-09 at 01:14 PM.
    03-05-09 01:10 PM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD