I have general questions about themes I'm hoping others can help me with. Thought I'd understand themes better before I try them out. I have the Storm2 running OS v5.0.0.607.

If I install a theme will there be an icon for every app I already have on my phone? Ex: I have crunchSMS, will that icon still exist? Is there a chance I could lose an app with the installation of a theme?

Are there themes for the Storm2 that just provide better icons than what came with the phone (I don't like how big they are), but which let me have one of my own pics be the wallpaper?

Which themes are better for not compromising speed of the phone?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    05-25-10 10:06 AM
    the stock theme allows you to use your own walpaper, just hit the bb button twice then options and go to the section that says walpaper, all themes you get from here have their slow spots, some more than others, usually the ones you have to buy are the better ones in my opinion ... the theme i use is pitch black. it is nice has its slow moments but i just hide the main buttons on the home screen and when i get a notification i just go into the bb menu and work from there, its a little glitch that i have found my own work around for..
    05-25-10 10:24 AM
    As Joe mentioned, you have the ability to set your own wallpaper on the homescreen for any theme - can select from the theme / options or by going into the menu while on the image you wish to use and select "set as wallpaper".

Whether a theme will replace the icons is dependent on the theme itself. In any case a theme will only replace the core icons (for apps that are pre-installed on the phone). Icons for any 3rd party app will never change regardless of the theme you are using.

As with most things BlackBerry, people seem to have different experiences in terms of performance with 3rd party apps/themes. It's best to give it a go yourself. If it slows you phone down you simply have to uninstall.

Best bet is to read reviews to get an overall feeling and stick with trusted theme makers.

Hope this helps.
    05-25-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD