Hey everyone on the forums i was wondering if any of you guys have had the problem with your storm when you write a txt message and hit send and it just gives you a little red clock (the message has been written in an area of full signal) and you cant resend it and have to completely powercycle your phone (quickpull or batt pull) to get it to send?
    also when ever you go outside of your home coverage area like you leave your city for a trip do you have to powercycle your phone to get the txt messages to send when in the other city in the us?
    any one else have this problem and or solutions ?
    Last edited by dell2884; 10-28-09 at 10:09 PM.
    10-28-09 08:43 PM
    out of 34 views no one has an answer ?
    10-28-09 10:08 PM
    Hey everyone on the forums i was wondering if any of you guys have had the problem with your storm when you write a txt message and hit send and it just gives you a little red clock (the message has been written in an area of full signal) and you cant resend it and have to completely powercycle your phone (quickpull or batt pull) to get it to send?
    also when ever you go outside of your home coverage area like you leave your city for a trip do you have to powercycle your phone to get the txt messages to send when in the other city in the us?
    any one else have this problem and or solutions ?
    ive seen my storm give me the red clock but i have never had to power cycle my phone to get the message to send. try resending your service books options>Advanced Options> Host Routing Table>Register Now.

And to answer you second question when in a different city than your own dial *228 and hit option 2 to update your roaming capabilities
    10-28-09 10:42 PM
    humm... i resent my service books to my phone, and also did the hrt but my txts still wont send
    i dont understand
    a battery pull usually works but i don wanna do that cause i have a sedio innocase surface 2 and its a pain to get it off
    10-28-09 10:54 PM
    Hmm check under options>mobile network and under network technology make sure its 1xev and not automatic and you can get a program called quickpull lite that will simulate a battery pull so you don't have to take off your cover

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:10 PM
    thanks to another post i found a newer copy of quickpull app which is great cause im running os 5.0 and the old version of quickpull no work for 5.0 os
    10-29-09 12:34 AM
    Mine shows the red clock but if I just leave it be for a minute or two, it sends. It's annoying, but it does work. I assume it can be due to a number of things, I always thought it was because the phone was sending or receiving other data for another app.
    10-29-09 05:36 AM
    Try calling *228 and selecting option 2 to download the newest roaming information. That has helped me with that kind of stuff before.
    10-29-09 05:38 AM
    I only get the red clock when I'm receiving something the same time I sent it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:29 AM
    the red clock usallay comes up when the data stream is already in use and you have to wait to use the data for that message
    10-29-09 07:34 AM
    for some reason my phone seems to do this sometimes but i can easily fix it by backing out of the message and then going back in once sent and itll say it has sent
    10-29-09 07:38 AM
    thanks for the info everyone, but i just restarted my phone and it still refuses to send txts i dont know why
    it just sits there with that red clock or red x
    its aggravating
    10-29-09 02:30 PM
    I'm having same issue. Bold 9000 in Israel. Just noticed it two days ago. No probs w/ MMS, email, BBM, or anything else. But sms only send intermittently. One goes through fine for every 10 that give me redclock-->red x. Tried all the solutions, nothing helping. Going to call my carrier in the morning.
    04-24-10 03:01 PM
    Think I figured something out. It's only happening w/ long msgs. Short ones go through. I usually don't care if it's above 160 characters, b/c BB will just break it up into two msgs. But I think our issue is caused by an inability to perform that function. It seems to try sending a 160+ char message and failing when it can't. Help, anybody?
    04-24-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD