Good morning and happy holidays(I finally found a computer!!)

I am new to bb and the storm is my first one. I was wondering how normal it is for these OS to be leaked/updated. I understand that the storm is the newest model with a few kinks and bugs, but it seems these updates are coming very fast. Was the bold, curve and others just as fast with several updates, is it demand or both? I'm just trying to get a better understanding. I dont see updates popping up as much for the curve or bold...more stable?
    12-28-08 12:25 AM
    The leaked updates are pretty normal. RIM is has many versions of Storm updates they are working on. When the curve was new all that was ever talked about until the Bold and Storm came out were Curve updates and leaks. So download and enjoy. Welcome to CB and BB.
    12-28-08 12:34 AM
    If you are new, be careful of Leaked OS. Be prepared to wipe your Storm and reload a previous version if it crashes. I'm running .85 now and it is touch and go!
    12-28-08 12:39 AM
    i have been as careful as can be...been reading all the posts and how to's and have not had a problem. thanks for the fast responses. Thats what i figured but I wasnt 100% sure. thanks
    12-28-08 12:42 AM
    If you are new, be careful of Leaked OS. Be prepared to wipe your Storm and reload a previous version if it crashes. I'm running .85 now and it is touch and go!
    Touch and Go? I have loaded every available version of OS that has been leaked and released and not had any crash issue. If you follow the directions on how to load a new OS you should be fine, you might like a different version but you should be ok.
    12-28-08 12:46 AM
    I have never had a problem with leaked OS's on my Storm or my Curve. Just make sure you install them correctly. I have never even wiped the OS before installing the next. Knock on wood always been stable.
    12-28-08 12:57 AM
    I have never had a problem with leaked OS's on my Storm or my Curve. Just make sure you install them correctly. I have never even wiped the OS before installing the next. Knock on wood always been stable.
    same here. i have a hard time understanding why so many people have problems...maybe we are the select lucky ones?
    12-28-08 01:00 AM
    The leaks are nothing more than beta's that RIM puts out for real world testing.

OS upgrades aren't hard, but you do need to completely understand the process before diving into it. If you screw something up, you risk bricking your phone, and possibly rendering it completely useless. Unless you are somewhat computer savvy, and completely comfortable with your Blackberry, I would NOT reccomend installing leaked versions of the OS. Wait for an official release, and even then, make sure you completely understand the update process BEFORE attempting it.
    12-28-08 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD