02-26-09 12:58 AM
31 12
tools
    List some bugs you have encountered using the app. I think we need to compile a list of bugs and present it to Garmin to fix these problems. Also features you would like to see added in this app. We did pay $80 for this app! Lets be heard.

I'll start:
    I will be voice prompted to turn left but the display will show right and viceversa

When you hit enter the keyboard goes down then you have to click "OK" once you hit enter it should just start searching.

Music stops playing when a voice prompt happens, but music wont start back up

Features I'd like to be added:

an option for an auto dim feature. Screen turns off when no directions needed, but before a turn and before a voice prompt the screen will light back up.

When the icons are displayed on the road (I think traffic or accident or road work) you should be able to click it and garmin will tell you what is it.
    02-25-09 12:29 AM
    Can someone please tell me where the link is to subscribe monthly? When I try to buy it just gives me the one time fee option.

Thanks.
    02-25-09 12:31 AM
    For Garmin there is only a one time fee. $80 is what most of us paid.

There is a free 7 day trial if your interested.

VZ navigator $10 month. 30 day free trial
    Telenav $10 month 30 day free trial
    02-25-09 12:41 AM
    Ok I downloaded the 3 day trial, I ran the app, I says acquiring satellite, nothing happens?
    02-25-09 12:47 AM
    Options/advance/GPS/ GPS services to location on

and/or

option/advance/applications/touch(dont click) garmin/bbmenu button/editpermissions/connections/location data to allow

also there is a 7 day trial I dont have the link, but it should not be a hard search
    02-25-09 12:57 AM
    Can someone please tell me where the link is to subscribe monthly? When I try to buy it just gives me the one time fee option.

Thanks.
    You can get a monthly option at handango.com. I didn't think one existed, but then I emailed Garmin support to ask and they said they only sold the one time fee, but that handango had a monthly subscription. They do have it as an option.
    02-25-09 01:18 AM
    I would LOVE to see the Speed/Odometer setup that the standalone garmin units have. You know, when you press the MPH on the bottom left of the screen and your Current Speed, Max Speed, Avg Speed, Tripmeter, etc. pop up. Speeds are also accurate to a decimal place.
    02-25-09 01:18 AM
    Options/advance/GPS/ GPS services to location on

and/or

option/advance/applications/touch(dont click) garmin/bbmenu button/editpermissions/connections/location data to allow

also there is a 7 day trial I dont have the link, but it should not be a hard search
    Thanks. I think it worked, I lloked for the 7 day trial in the Garmin thread, Someone said the 3 day trial was the only one Verizon customers had. So I went to Handago.com they had a 3 day trial, would love to have a 7 day
    02-25-09 02:44 AM
    Let me google that for you

I don't mean to sound like an as* but i thought this would be funny

second link down
    02-25-09 03:47 AM
    I really wanted this app. If it was like $30-40 I would have done it. But at the $80 price mark, I'd rather cough up the extra $30-40 and get a stand alone unit that has more features. In addition after the first year of owning my phone, if I switched phones, (and I always do) I would have to repurchase the nav software in addition to a new phone purchase.
    02-25-09 08:09 AM
    I have it and worth every penny! I'd like to see the voice prompts be able to be heard through the blue tooth headset, which would make them easier to hear when playing music in the car.
    02-25-09 08:12 AM
    I have it and worth every penny! I'd like to see the voice prompts be able to be heard through the blue tooth headset, which would make them easier to hear when playing music in the car.
    +1 for this as well ... I have a convertible and this would be so worth it!
    02-25-09 10:38 AM
    Let me google that for you

I don't mean to sound like an as* but i thought this would be funny

second link down
    you can goole all you want...but the 7 day trial doesnt work on verizon. All you can do is the 3 day via Handango (unless that has changed since I bought it a month or two ago).

That said... this is definitely worth the $80 price (you need to use the discount link to get that price..normally $100).

If the price is too steep for the amount of GPS help you need, then Google Maps is probably your alternative option.
    02-25-09 10:58 AM
    I did the 7 day trial on verizon.
    02-25-09 11:43 AM
    I'd like to request a few of features...

I would like the View Map view to have the same settings (3D, North Up(2D), Track Up(2D) as the Route view found in /settings/route view/. As Garmin works now View Map is set to North UP(2D) permanently. I have used a standalone before without programming a route to help see upcoming street names as I travel.

+1 I ditto the request for Bluetooth functions. I pair my Storm with my car and it would be great if on approach to turn instructions to have music interrupted on my stereo like an incoming call. Sometimes if I have the radio on I can't hear the turn instructions even with volume up to 100% on my phone.

A way to repeat turn instructions. Perhaps when navigating a route you can press the back key to replay the upcoming turn instructions.
    02-25-09 11:56 AM
    I second that when listening to a book the voice comes on pauses the book but does not resume. Other than that this was well worth the money. Including live traffic and weather with no monthly subscription.
    02-25-09 11:59 AM
    A way to repeat turn instructions. Perhaps when navigating a route you can press the back key to replay the upcoming turn instructions.
    Click the screen the directions will be repeated.
    02-25-09 12:22 PM
    I'm not sure if its still there but I got my Garmin through the BlackBerry Owner's Lounge on Blackberry's website. Just register and they offer deals on software. Garmin was one of those deals. It saved me about $20 bucks if I remember correctly, so eventually this program will have paid for itself in about 6 months of VZNav use. I expect Garmin will update the software to correct bugs. I will be on the lookout for gremlins now.
    02-25-09 12:29 PM
    I've been researching the Storm, and now other BBs, the past two days. The Garmin tech rep told me yesterday the Storm is the only BB device on which Verizon will allow Garmin to offer a 7-day free trial. He also stated this was a direct result of customer demand and not just goodwill on Verizon's part.

The Storm's features caught my attention but so many negative reviews have me considering other devices.

It's good to have a resource like this forum to help in the decision-making process.

Thanks
    02-25-09 01:23 PM
    Click the screen the directions will be repeated.
    Excellent! I didn't know.

Thanks!
    02-25-09 01:45 PM
    i would also love a detour button. i miss it from my nuvi
    02-25-09 01:50 PM
    just curious does the garmin app, redirect your route if you miss your turn etc..?
    02-25-09 02:08 PM
    just curious does the garmin app, redirect your route if you miss your turn etc..?
    Yes, just like my Garmin 360 it redirects you back on track. That's why I love it, it works just like my Garmin 360 and saves me from having to carry both. I also like being able to look up fuel prices by grade and station brand.
    02-25-09 02:19 PM
    i would also love a detour button. i miss it from my nuvi
    Are you talking about traffic jam ahead then the app ask if you would like to detour to a quicker route

Yes it does, I've had mix results with the speed at which it does.
    02-25-09 02:19 PM
    Yes, another request to get the app to work with Bluetooth. Also, improve the navigation audio quality so that I can actually understand the given instructions. Thanks.
    02-25-09 02:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD