There is a few problems I have encountered, first Garmin says that you can get a call while navigating and that doesn't work. Also noticed that the program only loads the maps that fit your screen. if your going over 50 the maps slow down and sometimes don't even show. The weather that it gets for your location comes from another city, I get ontario, ca and i live in hesperia, ca 50 mi away. I would like to see the bluetooth work with the voice directions. The software won't work if you loose your signal, thought it used the GPS as well at the aGPS, guess not. I have tried most of the GPS software, and as much as i don't want to but I have to say that Verizon's VZ Navigator works better. too bad it is $10 a month.
    02-25-09 02:09 PM
    I think it works pretty good so far.

I would like to see the font larger so you can actually read the street names. Telenav seems a little better for reading the map.

Also, not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to have your email or SMS work in tandem with Garmin? One of my friends has a Samsung Instinct, and if someone sends him any address via SMS, it comes through as a blue hyperlink, and launches Telenav to start navigating to that address.

Anyway this could be possible on the Storm?
    02-25-09 09:53 PM
    I have been using Garmin for years now and what I would like to see is:

1) Ability to create and store routes
    2) Ability to add my own POIs
    3) I agree larger fonts would be great
    4) Abilty while navigating to have it not auto zoom

This program so far has been great and I would miss it.

Bradley
    02-25-09 10:09 PM
    Got to love the vznav. I can email directions I can get traffic better then garmin weather fuel movies etc etc oh I love hearing her in my jawbone so sweet. Plus if my storm is down I can boot up my ol back phone and walla all my info my follows me no extra charge. Garmin is nice but not 80.00 for just one phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:27 PM
    The software won't work if you loose your signal, thought it used the GPS as well at the aGPS, guess not.
    Garmin does not use AGPS, only GPS. Maps are dwonloaded via cell. That's why if you lose signal, it doesn't work. I do agree with you on VzNav. I believe on the Storm, VzNav is much better.
    02-25-09 11:51 PM
    I love the Garmin Navigator for the Storm, but I'd like to see:
    Trip Computer info - like the stand-alone GPSes (speed, time to next turn, time to destination, average speed, distance traveled, distance to go, etc).
    02-25-09 11:58 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD