The only thing that has changed recently for me was the install of the Garmin software.

It does the sync to the Outlook 2007 calendar. Seems like when it is releasing that process to go back to the DM is when it crashes. I have to unplug the Storm to get off of the sync screen on the device side.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
    Last edited by shaggymatt; 12-18-08 at 03:09 PM.
    12-15-08 08:12 AM
    Bump. Anybody?
    12-18-08 01:28 PM
    Alright, well I know my setup isn't exactly like yours, but I've loaded the Garmin software and have no issues syncing to Outlook 2003. I did, however, see this happen a few times when I first got my Storm before loading the Garmin software. I reinstalled DM to my dekstop and never saw the problem again.
    12-18-08 01:37 PM
    Tried that, along with deleting everything out of the registry when I uninstalled it. No luck.

Had an appointment with an attachment in it, deleted the attachment as I found out on Google that is a known bug and has caused problems in the past. No luck.
    12-18-08 02:53 PM
    Well I edited the title, which usually doesn't update on the forums for whatever reason. I've narrowed it to being an Outlook appointment to the Blackberry. I canceled the plug in sync. Went in and turned off the calendar sync'ing. Address book worked fine.

Turned on Outlook -> BB and it crashed.

Turned off Outlook -> BB, and enabled BB -> Outlook and it is fine.

Now to find the offending appointment. Naturally, having been faced with this issue for about a week, my calendars are too out of sync to just wipe the Outlook calendar.
    12-18-08 03:12 PM
    For reference purposes, I'm posting what it ended up being.

I organize a flag football league. I sent out an invite for a game this past weekend, which had an aerial shot of the field location attached. Apparently, something with the meeting invite was causing the sync issue. Most likely it was the jpg of the field.
    12-22-08 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD