I'm a Garmin Mobile user and I love the app. I've got 2 unrelated questions and the main Gamin thread has become so long with so many issues going so many directions, I can never get anything answered.

1. I just replaced my Storm today with a new one. Garmin was running fine on the old device. Before I exchanged it, I had done a 3rd party backup through DM. After getting the new Storm, I re-installed Garmin. Everything went great and Garmin is running perfectly. My issue is that Garmin never asked me to re-activate the software, even though my new phone has a new PIN. Is this normal, and all is well, or should I expect problems in the near future?

2. Does anybody know if there is a way to change the arrival time that shows up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to either the miles left to travel or the hours/minutes left to travel?

Thanks for your help,

Grey
    12-29-08 05:42 PM
    hey there..I have the Garmin Mobile also and love the software..its an example of how programs designed for the storm are supposed to be like..

I couldnt figure that issue out about whether you would have to reactivate your software..I think that if you download it again you would have to reactivate it as the code is more linked to the purchasing than the device..at least thats how it seems..this is because everytime you download it from their website...they give you a different code to enter on the device..but I think backups are activated already..I had to reinstall mine after upgrading my OS to 4.7.0.85

hope that helps
    12-29-08 08:13 PM
    I'm a Garmin Mobile user and I love the app. I've got 2 unrelated questions and the main Gamin thread has become so long with so many issues going so many directions, I can never get anything answered.

1. I just replaced my Storm today with a new one. Garmin was running fine on the old device. Before I exchanged it, I had done a 3rd party backup through DM. After getting the new Storm, I re-installed Garmin. Everything went great and Garmin is running perfectly. My issue is that Garmin never asked me to re-activate the software, even though my new phone has a new PIN. Is this normal, and all is well, or should I expect problems in the near future?

2. Does anybody know if there is a way to change the arrival time that shows up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to either the miles left to travel or the hours/minutes left to travel?

Thanks for your help,

Grey

1. I think it is tied to your phone number and your PIN is simply used to verify that you are using the same type of phone on the same network. (I'm purely speculating...I just throw it out there as a possibility)

2. I also think it would be good if you could change the spot where the ETA is displayed back and forth between total miles left and the ETA as well.

It would also be kinda neat to see how many satellites you are locked onto instead of a green check mark.
    12-29-08 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD