Guys, do you know if this is compatible? I purchased the program for storm1, love it. Now, I go to download the 7 day trial to get the program on my storm2 and it says its not compatible for this device. Anyone get it to work? I think if i had the program in a cod or something i can load it thru app loader. Any ideas?
    11-06-09 12:52 PM
    Guys, do you know if this is compatible? I purchased the program for storm1, love it. Now, I go to download the 7 day trial to get the program on my storm2 and it says its not compatible for this device. Anyone get it to work? I think if i had the program in a cod or something i can load it thru app loader. Any ideas?
    Yes, it's compatible!!! What isn't AVAILABLE is the 7-day trial period.

If you already purchased it for your S1 and your number hasn't changed then contact Garmin Customer Support and they'll send you another download SMS and NEW Activation key. That's what they did for me!
    11-06-09 01:16 PM
    Yes, it's compatible!!! What isn't AVAILABLE is the 7-day trial period.

If you already purchased it for your S1 and your number hasn't changed then contact Garmin Customer Support and they'll send you another download SMS and NEW Activation key. That's what they did for me!
    Awesome, simple as that!!! I hope this helps everyone who questions this. Thank you very much!
    11-06-09 01:55 PM
    They switched it for me also. Works just fine.
    11-06-09 02:34 PM
    The app looks awesome, but why can't they give the 7-day free trial for Storm users? I'd like to possibly buy it, but I can't see plunking down $80 for something that I can't even see first. Why restrict the trial to non-touchscreen users only?
    11-06-09 02:45 PM
    load this, it is a trial that will work on the s2. dm will give you a error after you install but after phone restarts it will work perfect. I forgot who originally uploaded this but thanks. works perfect

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy pics. I took them with my curve
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 11-06-09 at 06:17 PM.
    11-06-09 06:12 PM
    The app looks awesome, but why can't they give the 7-day free trial for Storm users? I'd like to possibly buy it, but I can't see plunking down $80 for something that I can't even see first. Why restrict the trial to non-touchscreen users only?
    Handango has a 3-day trial version you can download here:

Garmin Mobile for US & Canada (Storm, Lifetime of device) : Trial Download : Handango
    11-06-09 06:23 PM
    load this, it is a trial that will work on the s2. dm will give you a error after you install but after phone restarts it will work perfect. I forgot who originally uploaded this but thanks. works perfect

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy pics. I took them with my curve
    Does this include europe maps (UK) also?
    I really want to try it out, but having troubles getting it for storm 2
    11-07-09 01:56 PM
    Garmin has the best customer support I've ever encountered. Huge fan and they make a great product.
    11-08-09 02:28 AM
    Garmin has the best customer support I've ever encountered. Huge fan and they make a great product.
    I totally agree. first time in a while i didnt feel that the support rep was in a rush to get off the phone.
    11-08-09 04:02 AM
    What do you guys think of the new Google Maps Navigator? I wonder if it'll be released on non-Android phones.
    11-08-09 04:36 AM
    I found it to work fine when I transferred with the switch device on the DM from S1 to S2. However, yesteday I found that it was conflicting while I was using it and had a telephone conversation going on at the same time. I kept getting a route error. Once I hung up with the caller, it was fine. That never happened on the S1?? So, I just can't talk to someone and view the map at the same time I assume?
    11-08-09 09:14 AM
    garmin mobile for the storm 2 does not appear when I am logged onto handango. When I go to the link to garmin mobile on handango, there is a warning that says it is not compatible with your current device (my current device is a storm 2). I tried the trial for the heck of it and it does seem to work, but I will wait to purchase it when it is officially available for the storm 2.

Stephen R.
    11-08-09 02:33 PM
    I backed up my garmin from my S1 and restored it on my S2 and it worked fine.
    11-08-09 03:01 PM
    garmin mobile for the storm 2 does not appear when I am logged onto handango. When I go to the link to garmin mobile on handango, there is a warning that says it is not compatible with your current device (my current device is a storm 2). I tried the trial for the heck of it and it does seem to work, but I will wait to purchase it when it is officially available for the storm 2.

Stephen R.
    Just because Handango doesn't have it set as compatible with the Storm 2 doesn't mean Garmin doesn't consider it officially compatible! Call Garmin Customer Support if you want to know their official position. When I told them I needed to re-download it to my new Storm 2 after purchasing it for my Storm 1, they said no problem, sent me a new download SMS and new Activation Key! It's as official as you can get!
    11-08-09 04:39 PM
    So, fyi, i think we only have a few times we can download the link they send us. I had to wipe my phone a few times and now the link is deactivated. I should have backed it up.
    11-09-09 01:24 AM
    You can dl it from the link more than once? Does that mean I can dl it to more than 1 phone?
    11-09-09 02:11 AM
    So, fyi, i think we only have a few times we can download the link they send us. I had to wipe my phone a few times and now the link is deactivated. I should have backed it up.
    I believe it's 24 hours. I read that somewhere, just don't remember where.
    11-09-09 08:59 AM
    If you didn't have S1 and now have S2 can you download Garmin Mobile for the first time on the device? will the program work? Will it even let you download it?
    11-09-09 09:01 AM
    You can dl it from the link more than once? Does that mean I can dl it to more than 1 phone?
    If you bought it directly from Garmin it is tied to the phone number so it's only one phone at a time. I had it on my S1 and then on my S2.

Garmin will send you another SMS with the download link and new activation key to your phone number if you need to reload it.
    11-09-09 09:38 AM
    When I do a battery pull or hard reset, the voice prompt driving directions works fine on my wired head set. Once I get a phone call, it changes to the speaker. I understand that it would default because I'm using the headset to talk on the phone. But how do I get it back onto the headset after the phone call? The only way I can do this is do a hard reset and hope I don't get any calls? Its not a major problem, but its harder to hear directions on the speaker, especially with a radio playing, than having it fed into your ear with a head set. Thanks everyone! TDS
    11-11-09 06:01 AM
    So my backup cod file worked with the S1 on multiple wipes and upgrades on the hybrids. However, i switched to the S2 and had Garmin send me another SMS link with activation code yesterday. Well, a new hybrid was released for the S2 so i backed up the garmin app and wiped my phone. Well, it doesnt work like the S1 worked so i had to call garmin again to have them send me another link. This kind of sucks if i have to call them everytime i run an upgrade on my phone in order to get the application working. Anyone else experience this?
    11-25-09 05:25 PM
    So my backup cod file worked with the S1 on multiple wipes and upgrades on the hybrids. However, i switched to the S2 and had Garmin send me another SMS link with activation code yesterday. Well, a new hybrid was released for the S2 so i backed up the garmin app and wiped my phone. Well, it doesnt work like the S1 worked so i had to call garmin again to have them send me another link. This kind of sucks if i have to call them everytime i run an upgrade on my phone in order to get the application working. Anyone else experience this?
    Im in the same exact boat. Garmin has an excellent customer service and I have received emails multiple times with my activation code, but still wondering if I pass my 1 year warranty will they honor me with getting a new activation code for the same phone and phone number?
    11-25-09 05:43 PM
    They will honor it if you're moving from S1-S2. What's funny is they flagged my account....let me explain why....

- Bought garmin for my S1

- Bought the S2 and had them switch it

- Realized i didnt like the S2 so I went back to S1 and they switched the application back to S1

- Recently upgraded back to the S2 because the price was right and had them move the application back to the S2.

They are a little annoyed with me, but oh well. They told me that there shouldn't be a problem since it is technically the 'same' phone. I wont be upgrading the software on the S2 until we get a new radio that doesnt pull the life out of the battery.
    11-25-09 06:02 PM
    They will honor it if you're moving from S1-S2. What's funny is they flagged my account....let me explain why....

- Bought garmin for my S1

- Bought the S2 and had them switch it

- Realized i didnt like the S2 so I went back to S1 and they switched the application back to S1

- Recently upgraded back to the S2 because the price was right and had them move the application back to the S2.

They are a little annoyed with me, but oh well. They told me that there shouldn't be a problem since it is technically the 'same' phone. I wont be upgrading the software on the S2 until we get a new radio that doesnt pull the life out of the battery.
    Wow crazy story, thanks for your input
    11-25-09 07:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD