I've tried searching on here to no avail. Anyone at all if you have heard of this problem please let me know. Google didnt even help!

Anytime I try to use any feature on the app that requires connection, it says
    "Network Connection Unavailable. Please try again later. If this problem persists please contact service provider
    CODE 405-054

It worked fine yesterday, now its dead? Waste of $80??
    Is this a problem with me being on verizon? or some setting I dont know about?
    02-02-10 07:19 PM
    It sounds more like a temporary network outage. If rebooting your Storm, resending your service books, and re-registering your Host Routing Table doesn't fix it, call Verizon Customer Service.
    02-02-10 07:32 PM
    Seems like a lot of people are having this issue today.
    02-02-10 08:34 PM
    I have been using Garmin Mobile for a little over a year on my Storm and have received that message approximately 3 or 4 times. What I determined is that one of two things was happening on those occasions, either I didn't have a data connection or their was a problem on the Garmin server end. Each time you start the application, it checks the registration before it will even initialize. If that doesn't succeed, you're out of luck. Like I said, it has happened very infrequent, but it is a reminder that the application is dependent on connecting with the server.

Overall, I have found it to be a great product, it integrates with your address book, it has an internet search capability for the POI database (unlike standalone units).

I've tried searching on here to no avail. Anyone at all if you have heard of this problem please let me know. Google didnt even help!

Anytime I try to use any feature on the app that requires connection, it says
    "Network Connection Unavailable. Please try again later. If this problem persists please contact service provider
    CODE 405-054

It worked fine yesterday, now its dead? Waste of $80??
    Is this a problem with me being on verizon? or some setting I dont know about?
    02-02-10 08:38 PM
    wow thanks for all the help guys! I tried resetting the phone with no luck, but ill just sleep on it and see if maybe it will work tomorrow. Who knows, today has been super cloudy, maybe my reception is just horrible right now.
    02-02-10 10:19 PM
    how do you re-send service books? The problem still persists.
    02-03-10 11:28 AM
    This may change some things. I looked under "Service books" and there isnt even the garmin application at all under it. Do I have to resend in order for that to start showing up?
    02-03-10 11:46 AM
    I'm pretty sure Garmin won't show up in your service books.
    02-03-10 02:06 PM
    how do you re-send service books? The problem still persists.
    Setup > Email Settings > Log In > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books

Have you checked your GPS settings to make sure nothing has turned them off? options>advanced options>gps> services = location on, and aiding = enabled.

You said you tried resetting the phone. Was that done via an actual battery pull? If not, do it.

If none of this helps, I'd delete Garmin from the phone and reinstall it (make sure you know your registration/activation number).

Mine is working fine here and always has. Yours should too.
    02-03-10 05:47 PM
    Same problem on my 9700; has anyone contacted Garmin?

02-04-10 09:48 AM
    I use the garmin mobile all the time. Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me. The past 3 days have been signal in and signal out. Weird.
    02-04-10 09:52 AM
    Setup > Email Settings > Log In > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books

Have you checked your GPS settings to make sure nothing has turned them off? options>advanced options>gps> services = location on, and aiding = enabled.

You said you tried resetting the phone. Was that done via an actual battery pull? If not, do it.

If none of this helps, I'd delete Garmin from the phone and reinstall it (make sure you know your registration/activation number).

Mine is working fine here and always has. Yours should too.
    Ill try that, when I went through those steps before it didnt give me the option of sending service books. I did check GPS settings everything is good and i've done multiple physical battery pulls. I've also tried reinstalling three times. I tried to contact Garmin but no word back yet.
    02-04-10 09:52 AM
    NEVERMIND

I found out by searching around that the version I have is probably fake. I got it from a friend who I thought was generally being nice and had gotten an extra copy for free.
    Anyways...I'm more than likely sure about this because after googling around, I saw that just recently people that had downloaded the "cracked" version are having the exact same issue as me. So lesson learned..don't accept free apps that seem too good to be true. Its like the adult version of a stranger giving you candy.
    So my guess is that the Garmin servers found a way to block this version so any time it tries to connect, its blocked.
    I mean...im not 100% sure of this..but what i've been reading seems to match it all too well.
    02-04-10 10:02 AM
    NEVERMIND

I found out by searching around that the version I have is probably fake. I got it from a friend who I thought was generally being nice and had gotten an extra copy for free.
    Anyways...I'm more than likely sure about this because after googling around, I saw that just recently people that had downloaded the "cracked" version are having the exact same issue as me. So lesson learned..don't accept free apps that seem too good to be true. Its like the adult version of a stranger giving you candy.
    So my guess is that the Garmin servers found a way to block this version so any time it tries to connect, its blocked.
    I mean...im not 100% sure of this..but what i've been reading seems to match it all too well.
    Anyone who actually have the paid app having this same issue?
    02-04-10 10:13 AM
    Anyone who actually have the paid app having this same issue?
    paid works fine..all pirated copies are dead
    02-04-10 10:16 AM
    might be the garmin app itself, try reinstalling it again.
    02-04-10 10:17 AM
    Mine is paid for, and it's giving the same connection error message. No answer at Garmin. Lousy service. Maybe they should have had their mapping software reside on RIM's servers when they partnered up.
    02-04-10 05:17 PM
    So a paid app with the same error? Maybe there is hope for us crackers...
    02-04-10 07:56 PM
    I have the same BS!

I called Garmin tech support and got someone pretty fast, I told him about the error he said this "Hmmm I haven't seen anything on this yet, it could be your carrier" I said no, I have other apps that are GPS dependent and work fine. Then he says "Ok well let me go get one of our blackberries here and test it out........he comes back and says "hmmm weird I am getting the same connection error here, well let me look into this and I will call you back"

Annnnd did I get that call??.............no

So I sit with this crap for now.....and plan to call again tomorrow. stupid bastards.....shame cause I liked the app etc.
    02-04-10 10:58 PM
    I have the same BS!

I called Garmin tech support and got someone pretty fast.
    What is the tech support number? Is this solely a storm issue?
    Last edited by mjkelesh; 02-05-10 at 05:19 PM.
    02-05-10 07:58 AM
    So a paid app with the same error? Maybe there is hope for us crackers...
    My fingers are crossed!
    02-05-10 07:59 AM
    What is the tech support number? Is this solely a storm issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't own a storm and this has been an issue lately all across the board...I don't know how popular this app is for blackberry becuse a google search doesn't yield too much information, most of it from here. So maybe that's why Garmin is slow to respond, I wouldn't even know about the error if someone else hadn't asked me if mine was working. It's not something I use everyday.
    02-05-10 08:59 AM
    Paid Garmin app user here, and I have had no issues as described in this thread either now or over the past several days or anytime sense I bought it nearly a year ago.
    Verizon 9530 with latest Verizon OS and all past Verizon OS's.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 02-05-10 at 10:00 AM.
    02-05-10 09:57 AM
    My fingers are crossed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    up and running!!
    02-05-10 10:25 AM
    yay mine too!!
    02-05-10 11:04 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD