Since the other thread is 16 pages of "where do I get the trial link" and "why isn't the trial link" working, I thought I'd start a thread for Q&A by folks who actually purchased the product.

That said, my question:

If I view map, or view a navigation route, I get a full color map. However, in navigation mode where it actually shows me moving on the screen, I only see the roads, everything else goes black. In some cases, I see only the road I'm on (bright pink) and the rest is black.

I even tried switching from 3d mode to 2d mode and got the same thing.

Should I be getting the full color map all the time, or is the blackness normal in navigation mode?
    12-11-08 11:12 PM
    Q: can you have offline data stored on the phone.. in case you loose signal or are overseas with sometimes spotty service in hills?

A: No all map data needs live data connection.

I would pay double to have Offline data... only because i don't want to lug around another gadget!!
    12-11-08 11:31 PM
    Settings - Color Mode - Daytime (Default is Auto)

Since the other thread is 16 pages of "where do I get the trial link" and "why isn't the trial link" working, I thought I'd start a thread for Q&A by folks who actually purchased the product.

That said, my question:

If I view map, or view a navigation route, I get a full color map. However, in navigation mode where it actually shows me moving on the screen, I only see the roads, everything else goes black. In some cases, I see only the road I'm on (bright pink) and the rest is black.

I even tried switching from 3d mode to 2d mode and got the same thing.

Should I be getting the full color map all the time, or is the blackness normal in navigation mode?
    12-11-08 11:56 PM
    Settings - Color Mode - Daytime (Default is Auto)
    I would leave the default check again in the daylight the color will be different. Makes the background dark at sundown so the screen isn't too bright.
    12-12-08 01:55 AM
    I would leave the default check again in the daylight the color will be different. Makes the background dark at sundown so the screen isn't too bright.
    Yeah, that's the ticket! It depends on what time of day you are using it.

A regular Garmin Device knows when Sunset is and switches to Night Mode which has a black background and lighted roads to reduce the amount of light and glare from the device. leave it in Auto mode and it will switch at the right time.

If you aren't using for driving and want it to be in Daylight mode all the time, then make the recommended switch.
    12-12-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD