I just got the garmin mobile app for my storm. I am loving it. It works just as good as my nuvi 750 and with the updated maps and google local search you can find anything.

My questions are the following:

Does anyone know how to transfer my waypoints from the nuvi to the mobile manager? I loaded them into MapSource but can not figure how to load them on the storm so that the Garmin mobile could see them.

Can you load waypoints by coordinates?

Can you view your location by coordinates?
    02-11-09 07:04 PM
    Anybody?

I emailed garmin support last week and they have not emailed me back yet

Thanks
    02-14-09 07:08 PM
    It's not a powerful app. I've had it since the day it came out, and it's just not as good as a "stand-alone" dedicated GPS navigation system.

If you have saved waypoints on your Nuvi you may have to manually enter them.

Sorry.
    02-14-09 10:40 PM
    I thought so. My main problem is that a couple of my waypoints are not at an address and are stored as coordinates. I guess I will have to return to the points and resave them or get close to them by just picking the point on the map and saving.
    02-15-09 08:13 AM
    Anyone else have problems with it finding satellites After 20 minutes I gave up and closed it this was with my Storm sitting on my dash with a clear view to the sky - Any help wouild be appreciated
    02-15-09 01:15 PM
    I have a Nuvi 650 and the mobile version just isn't as good. It's not bad, it's pretty close, but you can definitely tell there are differences.
    02-15-09 01:20 PM
    I agree BAN5150. I manly got it because the maps are constantly updated, the google local search, and when I go on travel with work I will not have to take my nuvi 750.

Pounder I have not had any problems getting a sat link. Just make sure that your GPS is set to locate and that there are no other programs running that require GPS. They may take precedence over the garmin and not let it connect to the GPS
    02-15-09 03:15 PM
    Thanks after doing another search and reading 33 pages of a thread figured out what was wrong and as you said I needed to set the GPS to locate.
    Appreciate the help

Pounder I have not had any problems getting a sat link. Just make sure that your GPS is set to locate and that there are no other programs running that require GPS. They may take precedence over the garmin and not let it connect to the GPS
    02-15-09 03:19 PM
    I would imagine that a stand alone unit might have a few more features, but I like the fact that with Garmin installed on my phone I almost always have my GPS. So if I'm not in my car or with friends, etc., its always there. Have a tomtom unit but my wife uses it and we never seem to have it when we need it most - other than planned trips.

The way it interacts with google and your contacts list, it should never take that long for you to navigate anywhere as long as you have a decent cell phone signal - which is pretty easy with Verizon.
    02-15-09 03:32 PM
    The real big thing for me with my standalone Garmin is that I use the Bluetooth on it for my phone. I HATE headsets, so I use the Nuvi and the speaker is plenty loud. When I put my Storm on speaker, I can barely hear the other party. Part of it is my car which is very loud (Mustang GT), part of it is the limitation of the Storm speaker, so I really like my Garmin for that.

I totally agree though, on a trip where I don't need my Nuvi for bluetooth for my phone, the mobile version is great!
    02-15-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD