Is there a way to clear the "Recent Finds" folder for Garmin?
    01-03-09 05:27 PM
    It is SWEET! the trial works jsut like my garmin!! I love it.
    01-03-09 06:02 PM
    maybe the trial link is busy right now since a lot of crackberry readers download garmin :P

buttom line, I couldnt even open the trial link so far, it sends the request but does not receive data, will try it tomorrow.

I looked into all the navigators people talk in this forum and I find garmin to be most comfortable for me.
    01-03-09 06:50 PM

9.) Others have noticed and I have too; the mph measurement on the GPS was several mphs slower than the car speedometer. Therefore the estimated time of arrival will be slightly off.
    the truth behind this is that most cars overstate the actual speed. For the most part, if you have a good GPS lock, the GPS indicated speed is more accurate than your car.
    01-03-09 08:29 PM
    I would think that the traffic flow indicators of VZ Navigator would be indispensable in a city like Houston.

Doctor Neutron
    01-03-09 11:23 PM
    I have been using the app with great success. However I mostly have been out in the sticks where there is no real traffic issues. I'm wondering if the traffic rerouting is trustworthy. I dont want to be redirected miled out of my way to avoid a few min delay. Just curious if anyone has experience with this feature. Thanks

Abigfish
    01-03-09 11:30 PM
    I have been using the app with great success. However I mostly have been out in the sticks where there is no real traffic issues. I'm wondering if the traffic rerouting is trustworthy. I dont want to be redirected miled out of my way to avoid a few min delay. Just curious if anyone has experience with this feature. Thanks

Abigfish
    Just loaded it. Not been out with it yet. Looks like you have a number of avoidances you can turn on or off -
    Traffic
    U-Turns
    Highways
    Unpaved Roads
    Toll Roads
    Ferries
    Car Pool lanes

What I like about it is you CAN set North to always be 'UP' on the device (instead of 'Track Up').
    01-04-09 09:42 AM
    Anyone else having the problem of it giving an incorrect audible direction right after a turn? I got a few "turn left in xxx mile" when its actually a right....yet the correct direction displays on screen.
    Anybody else getting this? It's happening to me also. It happens when I just finished making a turn. Then it would tell me to turn left next when it's really a right. But it does show it correctly on the screen. Once it gets to be a 1/4 mile close to the turn, it would say it correctly to turn right. For some reason it only happens right after I have finished making a turn.
    01-05-09 07:37 PM
    Works like a champ for me.
    01-05-09 10:03 PM
    So why am I reading two different things about the traffic updates? Some say Garmin has traffic updates and some say it doesnt. I am a Verizon customer and I'd love to have this app as long as the traffic update works... ??
    01-06-09 12:11 AM
    It does, in major metropolis areas (Total Traffic Network).

Like I said in my post, my reason for "returning" it was that you can't manually set a detour. So if you're in an area without traffic coverage and a highway sign alerts you to a road closure, you have to figure out where you're going to go on your own. For that matter, even in a traffic covered area, you can't do a detour.
    01-06-09 10:00 AM
    Anybody else getting this? It's happening to me also. It happens when I just finished making a turn. Then it would tell me to turn left next when it's really a right. But it does show it correctly on the screen. Once it gets to be a 1/4 mile close to the turn, it would say it correctly to turn right. For some reason it only happens right after I have finished making a turn.
    This happened to me recently. I think it happened around the same time.

I also noticed a quirk when you get off the freeway and at the off-ramp, two streets are merging. When you view the the turn-by-turn list, the first one says I'm 100 ft away from the street, and the next one says I'm 0 ft away from the street. It was confusing so I just went straight and had it recalculate the route.

Another quirk when Garmin recalculates the route, it makes me do three right turns to get back on the previous street I missed instead of just turning left onto another street which will eventually lead me to the final destination.

What I've learned from all of this, use your own judgment.
    01-06-09 01:38 PM
    Ok so I've been following this thread pretty much since the first post so I apologize if i missed this....but I have a Nuvi in my work truck, not sure what model, but it tells me 500ft til turn and 100ft til turn. but it seems this one only tells you when you have about 1/4 mile left or so. anybody else notice this or know how to fix it? I looked through the options but the options menu is pretty bare.......maybe the purchased version has a bit more detail? I am using the 7 day trial. I also like the feature in my Nuvi that if you touch the upper portion of the screen that says the street names, it changes to turn by turn directions. Hopefully that can be fixed in an update down the line to the storm version. I know you can do turn by turn on this one but it's only one turn on the screen............

Thanks in advance for the replies

Tim
    01-06-09 09:13 PM
    Can the navigation audio from Garmin Mobile be piped wirelessly to a headset via Bluetooth?
    01-06-09 11:52 PM
    Can the navigation audio from Garmin Mobile be piped wirelessly to a headset via Bluetooth?
    WANT!!!
    01-07-09 05:48 AM

Mine would not play through the Satechi bluetooth unit in my car.
    01-07-09 06:43 AM
    I've got confirmation from Garmin Support that it DOES NOT. Everyone who would like this function added please send your request to Garmin. (The navigation audio coming out of the Storm's speaker isn't very clear.)

01-07-09 10:08 AM
    Bought it on sale for $79.99, use it, love it. Sucks when there is no signal however. "Can you triangulate me now?"
    01-07-09 09:39 PM
    For me, the audio did pipe through my Jawbone - however it was totally garbled. So I have to turn my bluetooth off if I am going to use GPS. But I love Garmin - except it is a real battery hog.
    01-07-09 11:23 PM
    Two things of note here:

I downloaded the 7 day trial. I love this app. It turns your Storm into the most brilliant GPS system ever. I have used multiple different brands and models over the past few years and while the fact that it doesn't download the entire map and route when you tell it to navigate, which isn't efficient because it would take forever, so when you lose signal everyone knows what happens by now. I haven't had issues here however though and I travel in and out of areas of spotty coverage. My best friend and father both own and use the Nuvi 200 by Garmin and I find this mobile version to look nearly identical. My friend even swears that the mobile version is much faster at navigating and downloading information like fuel stations, restaurants, and just downloading the information for example. I will definitely be making the purchase when my trial ends in a few days. And I find it better to pay a one time fee that is cheaper than a year's worth of VZ Nav or Nav4All...which are the same program save of user interface. Also, I do love the fact that if you back out of the program while operating another app it will call out the next turn even though you can't see the screen. And, if you couldn't hear a direction, simply click the screen and it will repeat it for you...brilliant!

Second, people have hinted at the fact that this is a battery drain. It is, and especially if you are using it for a long trip. That being said, I purchased a rather cost-effective vehicle mount to use specifically for using the Storm as a GPS. It is a bracketron that mounts to the AC vent and it works flawlessly and only cost 20 bucks. I am able to mount the phone, open the GPS, and simply plug in my car charger when needed...just like you would with any other GPS system. I have to say this alone makes the phone for me. I will definitely post some pictures of my setup.

So, for the $80 license for the app, a $20 mount, and $20 charger, a whopping $120 I have a top-notch GPS system that doubles as a phone! I love it and would definitely recommend it for anyone on the fence.
    01-07-09 11:58 PM
    I have seen several people mention getting the Mobile Garmin for $79, instead of the $99 posted in their website How are you doing this? If there is a coupon, where might i find this? My 7 day trial ends tomorrow and I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Thanks
    01-08-09 07:32 AM
    I have seen several people mention getting the Mobile Garmin for $79, instead of the $99 posted in their website How are you doing this? If there is a coupon, where might i find this? My 7 day trial ends tomorrow and I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Thanks
    Here is the link: Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    01-08-09 08:05 AM
    I purchased a rather cost-effective vehicle mount to use specifically for using the Storm as a GPS. It is a bracketron that mounts to the AC vent and it works flawlessly and only cost 20 bucks.
    Could you tell us the model number and where you bought it?
    01-08-09 08:18 AM
    handago has it for 74.99 with the discount

this has txt to voice but you cant change the voices like in garmins other GPS units.
    01-08-09 08:30 AM
    we all know that vz navigator is a huge app that takes up alot of memory on the storm. i tried looking through the pages where someone asked how VZN compares to garmin in size. i never found the answer. can someone please help? also, is it true the turn by turn directions dont come through the on a bluetooth headset? VZN does it, could be a deal breaker. grrrrrrr

thank you in advance !!!
    01-08-09 08:33 AM
581 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD