This is only my own personal observation so if others disagree that is fine. however i believe that the garmin mobile GPS navigation software has a serious memory leak. i downloaded the 7 day trial, which worked GREAT on my storm and i loved by the way, and all was good, but notice that my application memorry hovered around 18mb. i would do a battery pull and it would pop back up to 28 or so and then work its way back down. for a few days i couldn't figure out why. i had removed several of my favorite apps from my phone without any luck. i just removed the garmin software today from my phone, restarted, and LOW AND BEHOLD!!! i was amazed to see my application memory back up to 39mb. which was pretty rocking for me. after a days use it only settled down to about 34mb. i'm about 99% sure that garmin was the culprit.

hope this information helps someone. if others can confirm that would i'm sure be helpful for others as well.

take care guys.
    01-05-09 03:19 PM
    I have Garmin on my Storm and my memory stays at about 44-49mb all day long. I do a battery pull every night before I go to bed, though. I am running .85.
    01-05-09 04:52 PM
    I have not seen anything with Garmin causing any memory leaks on my device at all. Also like DRLyman I am running 0.85
    01-05-09 05:19 PM
    Same with me, when I had the trial version, I was around 35mg to 40mb. Without it, around 42mb.
    01-05-09 05:21 PM
    my memory is low too.. not sure if its garmin though.
    01-05-09 07:35 PM
    Hmm interesting . . .
    the 35-40mb jump to 42mb isn't as significant as i experienced. i noticed a difference of about 10mb.

maybe .85 fixes part of the leak within garmin, or the garmin software is more compatible with it. if anyone is deleting the program after the 7 day trial, try to take note of your application memory usage before and after. i'm sure it will be helpful to some.
    01-06-09 09:23 AM
    Sorry, I was referring to jdk, not you, should of quoted it huh. I just installed it last night/this morning to my phone and I see the same results, as I did with .75. Roughly a few MB used up here and there. But not like 10mb like your describing.
    01-06-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD