Anyone else get huge red blotches at the top of pictures when they use flash? The picture quality just blows. Don't give me that sh*t about using an actual camera to get high quality pictures. I'm an 18 year old male. I don't carry a d*mn camera around in my pocket to capture Kodak moments so I can put them in a scrap book and reminisce about them with my friends while drinking wine coolers. I just want a camera that can take a half decent quality picture every once in a while when I need it. Oh and don't even get me started on the video camera that records in the wrong format half the time. RIM IS A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
    05-26-09 08:28 PM
    Actually I don't. Have you upgraded the OS? I am still running .113 and i have had ZERO camera issues. I too this yesterday in St Pete with my Storm:
    05-26-09 08:32 PM
    IDK, i find it to be decent, but not that great or better than iPhone.

It was complete darkness when i took this pic at the club.

MIA,FL
    Last edited by Roweazie; 05-26-09 at 09:02 PM.
    05-26-09 08:53 PM
    My camera is amazing... There was just a thread saying the complete opposite of ur opinion... Took a few gorgeous pics of her/his children... Pics were outstanding quality and kids were adorable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 09:11 PM
    My camera has run great since OS .122, but I would recomend .148. What OS are you on? I thought the camera on .75 was unusable.

Grey
    05-26-09 09:38 PM
    I am running .141. It has been the same on every beta and hybrid that I've tried.

Settings are:

Flash automatic
    Stabilization on
    White balance automatic
    Size large
    Quality superfine

This one turned out OK, but the top right still has odd coloration.
    05-26-09 10:51 PM
    Garbage camera - garbage phone. Nuff said
    05-27-09 04:35 AM
    I got some great shots in Aruba.
    05-27-09 06:05 AM
    I personally feel that the camera takes sweet quality pictures.

I have never had an issue with it. I'll post a few up that I took while in Tampa from my seats at the Superbowl.

I just got to e-mail them to myself and save to imageshack as a host.
    05-27-09 06:17 AM
    I genuinely lol'ed.
    05-27-09 06:23 AM
    Garbage camera - garbage phone. Nuff said
    ehh...I would rather have a garbage phone/camera, than garbages svc's. AT&T sucks...nuff said. "can you hear me now?" ohh, yeah...at&t, ahahaa drop call w/no svc's.
    05-27-09 07:26 AM
    IDK, i find it to be decent, but not that great or better than iPhone.

It was complete darkness when i took this pic at the club.

MIA,FL

We do have a flash though

let's see apple throw out a firmware update for that
    05-27-09 09:04 AM
    We do have a flash though

let's see apple throw out a firmware update for that
    That sir is no flash, it is a f'n LED, and it is wimpy beyond. Add to that the higher MP on a similar sized sensor and it adds up to noise. Cameras in both devices are marginal at best.

Still the best camera, is the one you have with you so...
    05-27-09 02:15 PM
    That sir is no flash, it is a f'n LED, and it is wimpy beyond. Add to that the higher MP on a similar sized sensor and it adds up to noise. Cameras in both devices are marginal at best.

Still the best camera, is the one you have with you so...
    yeah but not everyone wants to carry a digi cam with them..but always have their phone on them.

true, it's no xenon flash like my trusty ol SE k790 (now that had a great camera) but it has A light at all, which i love. I never understand why some cams just dont have a light at all, rather have a nice sensor AND a light than either or...or none :P
    05-27-09 03:11 PM
    Look let's face it guys.

They're both sh!t, can we just leave it at that and move on with our lives?
    05-27-09 03:45 PM
    Like it or not a phone camera will not replace a stand alone camera for at least another few years. I would say be happy with gay you have and enjoy an iced cold Mojito.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 04:01 PM
    I have two Storms and the cameras are wildly different. One is slower and takes far superior pictures...especially up close detail shots. The other one is wicked fast (and has a better shutter sound...figure that one out?), but anything beyond a couple feet away is blurry. It's not quite as good up close as the other one either, but it's biggest problem is distance. Maybe it needs glasses?

My better Storm vs. our iPhone = no comparison. While the Storm is not a replacement for a standard digital camera, it does pretty good. It kicks a$$ on close ups and does good on any outdoor shots. Inside it's hit and miss. With low lighting it struggles, but up close with the flash it's pretty impressive. The iPhone is only good at distant outdoor daylight shots and it's OK with good lighting indoors. It can't do anything else since it has no flash or autofocus. Picture quality for sunny day shots is comparable between the Storm and iPhone, however the iPhone is slightly better with better indoor lighting. For the types of photos I normally take with a phone camera, the Storm wins hands down (my good one...lol!). Not great, but it will do. The other one, well, I don't know what it's problem is!
    05-27-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD