wtf! it's HUGE! any corporate female's are going to muck the screen up with their makeup and effectivly kill the "click" of the screen.

I am fearful this device is going to get broken with this..

Look at how big the gap is around the screen.. UGH!
    11-25-08 11:52 AM
    Its not even noticeable to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 11:55 AM
    Its not even noticeable to me

It's not noticible? take your storm into some place dark and look at the lcd light seepage from that gap..

The gap is huge.. It's big enough to get huge balls of lint, makeup and other stuff inside it!
    11-25-08 12:00 PM
    wait WHAt!? there is a gap!!!!!!?????? i never noticed until now. totally missed that in all the reviews too! and it clicks!
    11-25-08 12:04 PM
    honestly there could have been some rubber like on the side windows of a car to keep things out
    11-25-08 12:05 PM
    I'm wondering if there are different "levels" of gap with different phones. The gap on mine is barely the thickness of a business card.

I REALLY wish I had a camera (besides the Storm camera) with me.

I just slid a business card into the "huge" gap and turned the phone upside down...the card stayed in there...that's how tight it is...at least on my particular Storm.
    11-25-08 12:09 PM
    I just put 2 business cards on each side of the screen and they slid in and out rather easily.

There must be different devices if you're only able to put 1 buisiness card.. I put 8 in!
    11-25-08 12:12 PM
    I only really notice it at night because there's a little light that shines through but i'm not focused on it so it doesn't really bother me
    11-25-08 12:14 PM
    Gap really isn't an issue. Just take care of ur phone and don't cake the make-up on ur face ok bobo.

11-25-08 12:27 PM
    wtf! it's HUGE! any corporate female's are going to muck the screen up with their makeup and effectivly kill the "click" of the screen.
    LMAO I love the blatant sexism!
    11-25-08 12:32 PM
    LMAO I love the blatant sexism!
    Ok.. well let me rephrase,

"Females, gothic males, or professional wrestlers are going to muck up the screen".

I dont know many men who wear makeup to a corporate enviroment. I wasn't referring to the consumer sector, just corporate. =P
    11-25-08 12:36 PM
    I just put 2 business cards on each side of the screen and they slid in and out rather easily.

There must be different devices if you're only able to put 1 buisiness card.. I put 8 in!

Wow, yeah...that's a significant difference!
    11-25-08 12:36 PM
    I can barely fit one business card in!

What I hate is the Light Seepage from the buttons on the bottom!

Looks Cheap.
    11-25-08 12:40 PM
    My first storm had gaps that were about CC size. This one has gaps about 2 pieces of paper. I think there are a few different builds of the phone out there?
    11-25-08 12:41 PM
    I can barely fit one business card in!

What I hate is the Light Seepage from the buttons on the bottom!

Looks Cheap.
    You know . . the new Dell laptop looks just like those buttons . . on purpose. Supposed to be backlit for typing at night. Just tell people it is the same concept here.
    11-25-08 12:45 PM
    gap is hardly noticesable.. I am using my old BB-8830's leather case n the cheesy silicon thing .. no lint..
    11-25-08 12:45 PM
    When I went out on Friday in an unsuccessful search of the Storm I played with a live demo. The very first thing I noticed was the incredible gap and wiggle of the screen. It seemed cheap. I was a little scared to get one at that point. So I did order one anyway. Two days later at the mall showing my girlfriend the Storm at a different location the screen seemed to be much more tighter. Did not wiggle near as much. I think there are different versions out there in the wild.
    11-25-08 12:48 PM
    The screen on this slides around like I'm playing ice hockey with it.. I wonder if I can get it swapped out? The person that is getting this device, is notorious for ruining phones because of makeup.. I just hate to see this device become another victim because of it.
    11-25-08 12:54 PM
    The probably could have done more to decrease or eliminate the gap all together.. but it really isn't that bad at all.
    11-25-08 12:55 PM
    I <3 my gap.

Seriously I rarely notice it.

11-25-08 12:58 PM
    I noticed it at first...I'm sure its something they will fix on the storm 2 but if the gap wasn't there the corners of the screen would probably be even worse

11-25-08 01:06 PM
    Ok.. well let me rephrase,

"Females, gothic males, or professional wrestlers are going to muck up the screen".

I dont know many men who wear makeup to a corporate enviroment. I wasn't referring to the consumer sector, just corporate. =P
    Its a sexist phone!!

Not only can you not use it if you have nails (like ladies do) but also if you wear make up you cant use it! How rude!!

BLATANT SEXISM!! RIM!! SORT IT OUT!!

btw - i'm taking the pee!
    11-25-08 01:16 PM
    I just got my second storm. This one the battery is better, but the light seepage around the buttons is very noticeable, and distracting. Is there any way to turn off JUST the light behind those buttons?? It seems to be a separate one than the one behind the screen..
    12-24-08 07:08 PM
    My new Storm is tight, and the light bleeding between screen layers is non existent.
    12-25-08 01:36 AM
    So i guess there's no way then?
    12-27-08 07:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD