Hey crackberry. I have a question today.
    Right now my main phone is the 8900, so this isnt THAT important to me. Before i got the 8900 i had a G1 and i never got rid of the G1. Its been in my drawer for months now.
    One of my good friends wants the G1, and he has a Storm. He wants to know if i would be interested in trading my G1 for his Storm. They are both in pretty much the same condition with no scratches on the screen, and some minor body scratches.

If i do trade, the Storm wont be my main phone unless i like it a lot. I would probably try it out for a couple weeks or so.
    I wanted to come here and ask you guys before i did the trade though so i can have some other input on this.

I don't really know much about the Storm. Would you consider that a decent trade, or should i just keep my G1?

Thanks,
    jaredwynter
    05-17-10 11:14 PM
    Anyone have a opinion?
    05-18-10 06:04 PM
    well i like my storm a lot, it looks really cool to have around most people don't have one, i've never had a g1 so i can't help much, but why not say to your friend to trade it like for 2 weeks to see if you like it and see if he likes it to and if you both want to keep the other phone you leave it like that and if you don't like it well you trade it back
    05-18-10 06:12 PM
    I don't know much about the G1....but having two phone on the same platform would be good.

But, I just had to replace my STORM after 15 Months, I have read a lot of post about people who have had multiple replacements. So I would be a little wary of a STORM if I didn't have insurance or if was under warrant.

But that is just my 2 cents...
    05-18-10 06:44 PM
    I don't know much about the G1....but having two phone on the same platform would be good.

But, I just had to replace my STORM after 15 Months, I have read a lot of post about people who have had multiple replacements. So I would be a little wary of a STORM if I didn't have insurance or if was under warrant.

But that is just my 2 cents...
    Do you by any chance know why those people had to replace their storms? So just incase i do trade i can maybe avoid doing what they did, if they did anything. Or was it the phone that broke by itself?

Why did you replace yours?
    05-18-10 11:10 PM
    Mine the screen stopped registering "touches" in one location. It would go crazy when I tried to scroll through lists and eventually I could not press the eight button in phone mode...

Even downgraded to OS to .328 before taking it into the store... still did not work, so it had to be hardware related.

I have seen post from those that are still on their DAY ONE release phone, and others that are on their 3rd or 4th replacement. But I have no idea what the REAL return rate for the STORM is... it just seems that it is high. I've personally never had a defect problem with any phone until know.. other than dropping it in the pool or dropping it and running over it.
    05-19-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD