Ok I've searched and searched and I cannot find the thread that talks about someone who was supposed to be developing this app. I know I saw it awhile back somewhere. Please help! This would be a great compliment to the Android Theme!
    03-19-09 06:37 PM
    DMG has something like that, but it was pretty much useless except for a novelty. You can bypass the lock with the call end button. I dont think he ever released the android version, but he did release his iphone slider version.

RIM wont give developers access to disable the buttons, so any third party lock isn't going to do much.
    03-19-09 06:45 PM
    hey thanks for the info....I guess I'll keep wishing
    03-19-09 06:48 PM
    Maybe someday rim will let developers do stuff like overwriting on buttons..
    03-19-09 08:29 PM
    If DMG happens to read this, can we still get that app? I like the storm slider and would like to try the andriod style one. (Great for whenever I need to throw the phone in my pocket to check laundry or sitting at dinner. Keeps me from pocket dialing!)
    03-19-09 08:55 PM
    I actually trashed the project. I still have the images and everything, but no code. It would render useless because all you have to do to bypass it is hit the red / green buttons.
    03-19-09 09:13 PM
    ripp the red and green keys off! lol
    03-19-09 09:18 PM
    i never saw the point of these 3rd party phone locks...if you accidentally press the lock button on the top (which is very easy) the screen locks again. And we all know the lock button is one of the worst features ever with this phone.
    03-19-09 11:06 PM
    i never saw the point of these 3rd party phone locks...if you accidentally press the lock button on the top (which is very easy) the screen locks again. And we all know the lock button is one of the worst features ever with this phone.
    Actually, now that memory cleaner is turned off my lock works pretty snappy.
    03-19-09 11:37 PM
    Hey DMG,

I have your fingerpint lock app, I use it in combonation with the Storm lock button. Thank you for taking the time to write the apps.
    The finger print app has the same call/end button issues as the G1 app you started. I know this can't be fixed because of access to RIM code (sucks). I don't mind the call/end buttons being active, i use the app for the fun of it. I would love to see the G1 app come back. I had a few lock app ideas, not that you need any.

1) a bike lock, Those kind with the 3 or 4 number wheels. can use with or with out a code, perhaps just spin each one to unlock.

2) a safe dial, no combo but you have to give the dial a flick to spin it then press the center of it to unlock.

3) a Maxwell Smart type unlock, where. for example the thumbprint comes up, followed by the slider lock, followed by a safe dial lock.

Anyway - thanks for reading my long post, just some ideas i had but no programing skills to make them.
    03-21-09 06:40 PM
    Hey DMG,

I have your fingerpint lock app, I use it in combonation with the Storm lock button. Thank you for taking the time to write the apps.
    The finger print app has the same call/end button issues as the G1 app you started. I know this can't be fixed because of access to RIM code (sucks). I don't mind the call/end buttons being active, i use the app for the fun of it. I would love to see the G1 app come back. I had a few lock app ideas, not that you need any.

1) a bike lock, Those kind with the 3 or 4 number wheels. can use with or with out a code, perhaps just spin each one to unlock.

2) a safe dial, no combo but you have to give the dial a flick to spin it then press the center of it to unlock.

3) a Maxwell Smart type unlock, where. for example the thumbprint comes up, followed by the slider lock, followed by a safe dial lock.

Anyway - thanks for reading my long post, just some ideas i had but no programing skills to make them.

good ideas..
    03-21-09 06:43 PM
    Hey DMG,

nice...i agree...a combination of locks would be nice...
    03-21-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD